Game crashes when loading dar gets to universe

(Snake_B5) #21

ah, ok, so hwrm detection is not giving the good version, I prefer that, in a way ^^

I don’t think a video would help us in any way :confused:
Did you try to verify the integrity of your files in Steam (we never know) ?

(Sgt. Rootbeer) #22

i did, earlier today, do you want me to do it again?

(Snake_B5) #23

If you’ve already doen it, no, don’t bother.

Did you had this crash before, or is it happening only since your re-install ?

(Sgt. Rootbeer) #24

i was prompted to re-install it due to the crashing. i vaguely remember it happening a while ago but i gave up on solving it due to reasons i dont remember.

(Snake_B5) #25

ok :confused:

Did you also try to follow all the points in this thread : Master Troubleshooting Thread (Crashing, Graphic Issues, Syncing) ?

(Sgt. Rootbeer) #26

sorry i was not able to respond during the past few days, holidays and whatnot.
i have tried to follow all of the points about general crashing and i have tested removing my save file from the directory specified.
i had to do it after the launcher launched, otherwise steam would re-download it.

(Jake Shynxu) #27

I’m resurrecting this ancient thread because I’ve run into the same problem.
Homeworld 1 RM Mission 1 will not load
Homeworld 2 RM Mission 1 will not load, on the bar it says “Universe” at the point it crashes
Homeworld 1 Classic Tutorial /will/ load.
I’ve tried verifying game files, but this is the funny pat. When I look at the HwRM.log file, there’s a lot of “Failed to load archive”.

Mon Jun 18 03:58:16 2018
Version 2.1, Build Number 31, Changelist Number 1237961
Loaded Archive: ‘Homeworld2.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHomeworld2.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HW1Ships.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHW1Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HW2Ships.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHW2Ships.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘HWBackgrounds.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHWBackgrounds.big’
UTIL – filepath failure, path doesn’t exists ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data\locale\English’
Loaded Archive: ‘English.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglish.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\Compatibility.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW1Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Archive: ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\HW1Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Localized Data Archive: ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishHW1Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Speech Archive: ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\EnglishSpeechHW1Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishSpeechHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW1Campaign.big’
Loaded DLC Campaign Music Archive: ‘C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\HOMEWORLD\HOMEWORLDRM\DATA\MusicHW1Campaign.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateMusicHW1Campaign.big’
Uing …profiles\ for profiles folder
Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (6.2 build 9200),
Display: (0, 0, 1600, 900) - (0, 0)
Switching to a 1600x900 32bit mode
GL Info: 4.6 - 4.6.0 NVIDIA 388.13
GL Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GL Renderer: GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2
GL Part ID: 760
GL Part EX: /PCIe/SSE2
Loaded Archive: ‘EnglishSpeech.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateEnglishSpeech.big’
Loaded Archive: ‘Music.big’
Failed to Load Archive ‘…\DATAUPDATES\UpdateMusic.big’
SOUND – created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxa streamer ], handle [ 0 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
SOUND – created destination [ dxaudio ], handle [ 1 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
Build name:
Data path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\data
Font Load: data:UI\Font\Blender.rcf, 1600,900
Font Attr: 14, Biu
No mapping for font ‘Blender’ - using ‘default’
GAME – Using player profile Blue Magnolia
Display: (0, 0, 0, 0) - (-32000, -32000)
Restoring video mode
Resetting fp PC control word.
CmdLine: -dlccampaign HW1Campaign.big -campaign HomeworldClassic -moviepath DataHW1Campaign
Display: (0, 0, 1600, 900) - (0, 0)
parameter: attempt to call global SetTacticalDotScale' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "SetTacticalDotScale(1.0 );" at line 1 2: functionUI_ShowScreen’ [C]
3: main of string “UI_ShowScreen(“FEGameOptions”, eTransition)” at line 1
parameter: attempt to call global SetTacticalDotScale' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "SetTacticalDotScale(1.0 );" at line 1 2: functionUI_ShowScreen’ [C]
3: main of string “UI_ShowScreen(“FEGameOptions”, eTransition)” at line 1
parameter: attempt to call global SetTacticalDotScale' (a nil value) stack traceback: 1: main of string "SetTacticalDotScale(1.0 );" at line 1 2: functionUI_DialogAccept’ [C]
3: main of string “UI_DialogAccept();” at line 1
Restoring video mode
No mapping for font ‘Blender’ - using ‘default’
Race Filtering: SINGLEPLAYER rules - @SinglePlayer
12 Races Discovered
Starting Level: Data:\LevelData\Campaign\homeworldclassic\Mission01\Mission01.level