Game keeps freezing. Now can't get past main menu - Steam

At first the game would freeze and need to be killed in task manager every couple hours. It then proceeded to freeze every 45 minutes, then every 30, then every 5, and now I can’t even click fast enough to “Continue” my game before it freezes. The majority of the time it just freezes without errors. Every once in a while it’ll crash and give me an Unreal crash reporter which I submit.

1080Ti no overclock, doesn’t go over 60C temperature, running latest 442.59 driver. 8700k @ 4.5GHz, doesn’t go over 45C. 32GB RAM. DX11 and 12 both have the issue. Windowless fullscreen and fullscreen have the issue. Graphics on highest and lowest have the issue. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed all the DLC’s, including Moxi’s. I’ve re-verified the game cache. All Windows updates up to and including March 2020 cumulative update for 1909 are installed.

I’ve uninstalled the game because it literally doesn’t work. When I install it again in a few months, I’ll be happy to try and and all suggestions here.

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Sounds very frustrating.
I’m not a pc expert but it sounds like your pc doesn’t have the processing power needed to run this game smoothly. This game has a lot of graphics and mathematical tables running in the background. You really do need a high performance gaming pc to have the best experience on pc.

My computer is well above the recommended system requirements. It has more than enough processing power to run this game.

I’m getting this same exact issue, I get constant crashes no matter what settings I try. I’ve used the newest drivers, downgraded drivers, updated BIOS, DX11, DX12, low settings, high settings, windowed, fullscreen, you name it. It happens most often right before loading the main menu, the BL3 logo animation will come up and freeze suddenly, giving me a UE4 crash popup.

I have a 2070S and 3700x, so specs are nowhere near the issue here. Kinda ■■■■■■■■ that the game has been out for 6 months technically, yet all these issues are still rampant. I waiting this long to buy it on Steam, but it looks like the Epic Games buyout ended up ■■■■■■■ them over (who would have guessed).

First I wold recommend running a stress test like 3Mark offers where you can run one qualify run, and then loop it for 30 min. While this is running check the temps on everything from your hard drives to your motherboard to your processor and so on.

Like I had had an issue with one of my builds where even though I bought the recommended RAM for the MB I got, I ended up having to force a lower speed to to make it work with the processor I got. I just keep throwing everything I could think of it, until I got it to start throwing some interesting errors in a memory stress test. Those lead me to the timing issue that had been casing random lockups.

Also check for reviews on every major piece in your computer, because I also got a video card recently that turned out to have a major VRAM issue. The problem was the ram did not have heat sync, and on a factory overclocked card that meant the ram controller would overheat after as little as an hour, start throwing color aberrations, and then the video drivers would crash leaving me with a black screen. The only solution was going to be to setup custom water cooling, so I gave the card away and got another.

This isn’t a temp issue lmao, my temps stay super cool whenever playing. The game runs perfectly fine framerate-wise and I haven’t had a single issue with any other games. Crashing upon loading the main menu, alt-tabbing, and loading cutscenes is the game’s fault, not ours.

No, I’m not gonna do that. I’m not gonna run a stress test, or research individual pieces of hardware and how they’re doing in Borderlands. I can play VR for hours without issue. I can load of WoW and Battlefield V at the same time and play for hours without issue. This is not a me issue, this is a Borderlands issue. If my hardware is causing an issue, there isn’t anything I can do to fix it. Thanks for the suggestion, but not a chance I’m trying any of that.