Gameplay Bugs & Feedback MEGATHREAD

(Lazer72) #403

Yeah… Probably.
My computer is kinda taking its sweet time when opening programs, files etc. No matter what I do, defrag, clean up, … Damn.
I really don’t want to have to get a new hdd… Any way to properly diagnose it?

(Lazer72) #404

Although, the cutscenes do stutter on my brother’s new laptop… His hdd is only 5400rpm though…

(El Rizzo) #405

You could use a tool like “crystal disk info” to read your drives S.M.A.R.T. values and see if anything is out of the ordinary (it is color coded, so its easy to see even for a layman). S.M.A.R.T. has to be activated in your bios/uefi though, in case crystal disk info starts complaining.

1 Like
(Lazer72) #406

OK. Will try it thanks.

(Jim1) #407

You could try Seatools to check out your hard drive. its pretty good, data safe and free… which is a bonus :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Lazer72) #408

Thanks. Will post results when I get round to it. (on my mobile right now). P.s can I just say that the mobile version of this site is brilliant, just as if I was using an official app!

(Lazer72) #409

I seem to have an issue where the status icons above the health bars overlap the health bars.

anyone else?

(El Rizzo) #410

I have some slight overlapping when I just booted up the game and looked at a Hw2 carrier, but its only a slight overlap, not like your screenshot shows. Which resolution are you running the game at? might be a matter of aspect ratio, mine is 16:9.

(Lazer72) #411

I was running it on my laptop monitor which is only 1366x768, I don’t see how it would cause this though. It happens on all ship, this is one of the more extreme ones.

(Force User) #412

What do you have the UI scaling on? My guess is it’s probably a combination of smaller aspect ratio/screen size and the UI scaling. It’s good to bring it up though so they are aware of any issues with smaller screens and the UI scaling.

(Lazer72) #413

Global HUD scaling is on 1.0

I never touched it.

EDIT: I tried changing it but it had absolutely no effect on the health bars/status icons, it only changed the HUD.

(Lazer72) #414

Well here’s my S.M.A.R.T. data.

Seems there’s somethng wrong with my “Reallocated sector count”?

(Force User) #415

I’m like 90% sure it’s just your screen res. It’s a pretty small screen. So it’s not something on your end, it’s just something the devs need to be aware of :wink:

(Lazer72) #416

I’ll try it on my external 1920x1080 monitor and see if it persists.

Update : No overlap when on my external monitor running at 1920x1080.

(El Rizzo) #417

Your S.M.A.R.T. values seem ok, “Reallocated sector count” means there are no more or only a few spare sectors left on your hdd. Every hdd or ssd has spare sectors it can use in case a sector is irreparably damaged and if they run out or are low your S.M.A.R.T. values indicate it, but it has no effect on your hdd’s performance whatsoever and should not be the reason for your stuttering.

(Jim1) #418

Level 4 Great Wastelands, can’t recall if this has been reported before. repeatability of bug 100% after five restarts.

attempting to launch resource controller whilst Bentusi Exchange is present results in an incomplete launching sequence.
bay doors do not close and the controller can not be moved until the Bentusi leave.

If the Bentusi were slightly further away from the Mothership by around 1/4 the length of the resource controller I think that would fix this glitch.

2 Likes
(Lazer72) #419

Well, it is the hdd that’s causing it because when I preloaded the files into ram the problem was gone. HW2C sound code changes

(El Rizzo) #420

Good to know, but still strange since I’m sure others have the game on a hdd as well, without your problem, so I guess your drive is too old/slow which I still find rather puzzling. Your hdd has only 16mb of cache, which is on the lower side but still strange :smiley:

(Goose3) #421

I really wonder when they gonna fix this problem. Always that same dll. causing a crash for me in the original 1.0 release in February my game barely didn’t crash once and now it seems to happen in almost every match I play. I can’t even finish the matches anymore. So it may have to be related to a recent patch. I noted this crash msg. the first time x2 or x3 patches ago. I made no modifications to that dll. and I just recently installed Steam and all games in it fresh.

HomeworldRM.exe caused an Access Violation in module seDXAudio.dll at 0023:07a418c5.
Error occurred at 5/23/2015 23:45:18.
HomeworldRM.exe, run by …
Microsoft Windows XP?.
4 processor(s), type 586.
0 MBytes physical memory.
Read from location 2a894000 caused an access violation.

MiniDump saved to file ‘d:\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\bin\Release\5-23-2015_23_45_18_MiniDump.dmp’

Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=0023 EIP=07a418c5 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=2a894000 SS=002b ESP=0e01fed4 EBP=07a48378
ECX=00000008 DS=002b ESI=0999c890 FS=0053
EDX=07a47378 ES=002b EDI=00000002 GS=002b
Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f bf 03 66 0f 6e c8 0f 5b c9 03 df 0f 28 c1 f3

Call Stack:
0x07A418C5: InspectDLL (d:\Steam\steamapps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\bin\Release\seDXAudio.dll)

(Nebula1701) #422

you run a dx diagnostic?