Games mega dead heres a solution

make it f2p

but seriously there’s no hope for the game unless it goes f2p or something

The multiplayer side is already ftp and has been for a while.

4 Likes

the multiplayer is already free to play. What Battleborn needs is POSITIVE WORD OF MOUTH, so make videos, posts and other stuff.

Hell, I posted on the twitter page much more high profile game like Quake Champions with what games I recommend and underrated Battleborn was one of them.

what actual? wtf whys this game deader than apb my god

they should change it to “campaign not included” battleborn free trial gives off a bad vibe imo

1 Like

Battleborn’s biggest problem was that it came out under the shadow of Overwatch (which had it’s public beta moved up to pretty much coincide with Battleborn’s launch), and then the whole Battle Royale genre exploded with Fortnite. It never really had a chance to gain traction. The fact that it was initially a full-priced retail game (both the story PvE and PvP components combined) may very well have factored into things.

2 Likes

yeah bad launch competing with overwatch

In my view, the problem is convincing enough people that the party is fun and still going. The game was dumped on. A lot. In fact a lot of people think the servers have already been shut down. It’s very hard to get people to come to a stranger’s party (especially if the popular opinion is that it’s gonna suck) when there’s a well known party next door that everyone knows will be well attended.

4 Likes

That combined with the sentiment “The game is dead” makes it difficult to make anyone interested. It’s never been dead on PS4, yet I had friends calling Battleborn dead by September of 2016.

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve seen people claim that the game is dead or compare it to the other party that is Overwatch, I’d be able to finance a Battleborn sequel.

8 Likes

Get more ppl to play this instead of Overwatch,
also stop playing too competitively when we get new players, i had gotten a few players on here but they dont stick around cuz the team gets destroyed plus the huge lobby waiting just kills it,

Gearbox should just make it so that there is one meltdown, Faceoff, and 2 incursions to choose from the list just remove the “No preference” option in the map voting so theres that space. No preference is a waste when really wanting incursion to be played

1 Like

The ‘no preference’ option is there for people who genuinely have no preference. If you take it away, those people simply won’t vote at all, which means it will take the full timer before the ‘choice’ is finalized. (And I wish more people knew that and would actually vote so the countdown would be done sooner!)

1 Like

it already takes too long just to get a match, on top of that , games like capture which end too quickly, isnt worth your time,

first of all it takes like 1 min just to vote,
+2 mins for timeout or whatever bs that happens
40 secs load time
~3 mins just to choose character and loadouts
then vs screen loading,
another minute just in game loading,
we are talking like almost about 5- 7mins just to get a game started. And thats if no player “pulled” because whatever reason ( no incursion, no meltdown, ; this here is a big problem, ppl just quit because they waited and got horrible map (capture) and game modes in the first place and they pull during character selection and you left with handicap match, )
once thats done add another
~40 secs to get back to match making
and it starts over, get capture or faceoff and noone bothers cause it isnt worth waiting all that just for capture which ends too quickly anyways,

If you take that option off and add the 2 incursions + the 2 other modes, it still only benefiting everyone,

you can make it so if no one voted, have no votes applied. if gearbox can speed these parts and give more options there, it should make it better, and more friendly, alot of players do think that this part of the matchmaking is just a lot of wasted time,
we know that the most versatile mode in BB is Incursion, which allows most characters to be used

For good or bad (mostly bad) GBX has abandoned this game and will shut it down as soon as is convenient. It’s a lesson in the hazards of paying full price for live service games, but so it goes. GBX is focusing on their moneymaker (BL3) and they’ve made it pretty clear through words and actions that Battleborn won’t receive any more support.

They could’ve offered Borderlands 3 Loyalty rewards for owning and playing even just 3 matches of battleborn, different series’s, but still. Im really sad to see the game in the state its in, and more so these boards.

I havent played in months, but at one point i planned on getting every title, wish i was still that guy. Playing everyday when i could were some good days to me.

1 Like

totally agree, they should atleast attempt to market Battleborn in some way, Id say price drop Campaign modes, and make Whisky playable in Marvel vs Capcom, or have Montana in Mortal Kombat

I also suggested that making Battleborn part of the Vault Insider Program point rewards would at least give us players from the Borderlands community.

@everyone in this thread, Gamertron show used the Blizzard controversy to make a video about good Blizard games altenratives, and Battleborn is one of the things he suggests, so promote his videos as wells.

Most important of all, promote Steam and Discord groups and matchmaking prime time to get some more people to try it out.

1 Like