Gamestop fail... again

So i purposely preordered the game from a gamestop physical store so i could get one of the figures for my kid. When i got to the store today to pick it up, the guy told me they didn’t get ANY figures for the pc preorder, and as usual they tried to push me to a ps4 or xbone copy. Was this an oops on 2k or an oops on Gamestop?

wait, this doesn’t actually make sense. how did you get the game and not the figure when they are literally shipped in the same box???

When I picked up my XB1 and PC copy this morning, both of them were in their own sealed boxes; inside the box should have been the game and a box containing a random figure.

If they gave you the game and not a figure then I would call out Gamestop as the game, regardless of console/pc type, was shipped WITH a figure together on pre-orders.

2k most likely. GS sucks but they do what they are told

Did you order a physical copy for pc, or digital. The figures were only for physical copies of the game.

again, this doesn’t make sense, pre orders and the figure where packaged and shipped in the same box. so how can they get the game and not the figure. I’d find this very very suspicious of Gamestop

Unless they weren’t for PC copies

my GF reserved a PC copy, I picked them up this morning, hers, like mine (XB1) was in a sealed box contaning both the game and another box with a figure inside

If her PC copy was literally just the game itself, I’d look at the employees at Gamestop. Claiming they didn’t get figures but got the game when the figures come with the game makes me question that local Gamestop

Well I’m out of reasons. Sorry dude, seems you got duped

Yea, I feel for this person. I’d be mad as hell too as this was literally the only reason me and the GF ordered physical copies.

Physical copy. It came in a normal pc game case, not any kind of large box or anything. I’m not uber upset, but i was looking forward to battleborn vs lego fights with my kid, lol. I still have the game so i’ll hopefully see you guys there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not that you probably feel like spending more, but you can by the full set of figures from the 2K store.

Yah, that is my plan. Though no toby or calderius…sigh

Based on the popularity of the figures I expect the other 25 to eventually get their own. At $30 for 5 you’re taking about $180 total though

If it’s spread over several months wont be so bad

Gamestop didn’t even have a Battleborn PC copy for my Pre-Order, let alone any copies with a figure!

Oh yes, this also means that if you just got a normal version you’re also out the Firstborn Skins.

Double fail. =(

@JoeKGBX is there any word on what is going on with Gamestop PC Pre-Orders? I’ve tried Tweeting you guys and now the forums and I’m sure we’d all love some answers.

[EDIT] Update: The guys at Gearbox are taking care of me per my thread - [EDIT](GBX Rocks and Takes Care of Business!)Not-Launch Day at Gamestop! No PC Copies, No Figure, No Firstborn, No Answers, No Good!

i didn’t get the skins or the mini figure was told i didn’t pre order the game. which i did. the kid working told me to take it up with the people who made the game

this SAMETHING happened to me today. They told me I preordered the digital copy so I dont get a figure, but I went over this with the manager because I know gamestop never knows shiznit and I confirmed before I preordered id be getting a boxed copy and a figure. Im really annoyed by this

Do you still have the receipt? I’d think it would specify.

Sounds like somebody preordered the wrong sku. For future reference, you can preorder from the website and make sure you get the right thing. Hope you get it worked out.

Please refer to my other thread for more details on this - Not-Launch Day at Gamestop! No PC Copies, No Figure, No Firstborn, No Answers, No Good!

I can guarantee you it says on my Receipt that I Pre-Ordered the physical game with the Figure and Firstborn Pack. Also, I have no Product Key or Digital Download email from Gamestop, which I’d expect if I’d been sold the Digital Copy.

[EDIT] Update: The guys at Gearbox are taking care of me per my thread - [EDIT](GBX Rocks and Takes Care of Business!)Not-Launch Day at Gamestop! No PC Copies, No Figure, No Firstborn, No Answers, No Good!

i got my skins no problem.