GB Please for the love of all, restore projectile dmg

Golden Legendary beacons alone cause my Pro’s fans to go into overdrive.

Certain MM mods flat out crash me, too.

But it shouldn’t even take these horrid crashes, the slow down, and the other massive performance issues to get the damned particle effects reduced.

The very fact that they completely obliterate any and all field of view - literally turning the screen into a Gaussian Hellscape - ought to be enough of a red alert to get the devs to tone them down drastically, if not remove them outright.

2 Likes

Can confirm, Jacob’s stagecoach has been nerfed for quite some time now.
Any shotgun is now limited to 4 ricochets.

1 Like

Funny, when i say the screen clutter is to much, i get told: “it isn´t that bad.”

6 Likes

They could have just removed the visual aspect to the weapons and just had the math running to calculate damage. Maybe just have a few beams visible for effect.

4 Likes

Exactamundo!

3 Likes

This should still be the case according to the patch notes. They didn’t reduce the number of ricochets, just how many times they bounce. And the projectile fix was only for extra elements spawning those projectiles.

Unless of course this “fix” changed other things in the background unintentionally.

Yes it should ricochet up to 25 pellets.

Don’t come in here and make too much sense on these forums friendo, it’s usually not well received if it goes against the will of people to one shot an entire map without sweating and the ability to use 99,99% of the game’s guns even in highest difficulty.

3 Likes

I get it. Still kinda funny though.
For the benefit of the game and longevity as well bonus projectiles and the current power of anointments should just go.

3 Likes

100% agree with you

1 Like

It goes to show that they bit off more than they could chew with this game play. Mayhem modifiers are the main reason for performance issues yet they refuse to get rid of them. It’s actually quite disgusting how gearbox are treating loyal fans now.

2 Likes

if you play pc go nexus mods and get it from there

so what did the nerf achieve in terms of balance ? does all of the sudden u would go out of the way to use breath of dying?

No. To me this change which I always considered unintended is hopefully the first in a series of changes: reduce anoints, kill weapon scaling and then balance the game based on that.

1 Like

It’s taken them almost a year to get to this point - how much longer do we think they’re going to devote dev resources to the game once DLC4 drops?

1 Like

Since Randy already talked about another season pass option I just hope the obligations Gbx is under will drop after year one and allow Gbx to focus more on this kinda stuff

I just went through the Maliwan Takedown with the Reflux and the recent buff did it well. The weapon felt good. Hopefully they’ll keep adjusting the other weapons until they’re all up to scratch.

What is more hilarious is that the “fix” did nothing to actually improve performance on consoles. The framerate is still ■■■■ and drops frequently. EVEN WHEN NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

It’s the game, the devs used performance as an excuse to outright remove a mechanic they didn’t like. It was interesting and fun and there was a lot of things you could do with it, but as usual they just rather delete the fun from the game than admit it’s fun and they didn’t plan for it to be that way and just roll with it.

4 Likes

You all make valid points. But my Ricochet witch was the most fun I’ve had in game. Think i’s OP or broken, fine. Buy for fun’s sake It was my favorite. I play for fun, and they took that away from me. And they did it because they went OP with particle effects/ mayhem crap, that is my major issue. Best to all

2 Likes

Ps4 Pro Blue Screens from September till before nerf: 15-20. 5 was from Recursion and
3 Complex Root.

Blue Screens after nerf: 8. 6 crashes on 1 day because of particle, explosion, blur or just opening the Menu.

The nerf totally fix the game.

BTW, I play since launch with graphics on performance.

1 Like