Gbox needs to patch the quality of life in this game

Seriously the bottom seems to have completely dropped out of this game with the release of overwatch

is it really necessary to make the grind so long?

Does peripheral vision have to be so minimal?

Can’t you loosen up scoring for other classes?

Did you REALLY have to make the class unlocks so ridiculously long?

Do you like that players spend almost as much time in matchmaking as they do in a match?

Overwatch is a polished gem while battleborn shows signs of being rushed everywhere. Please just add some quality of life improvements. Add a bot mode for peeps that are tired of the incredibly long and crappy matchmaking. A bot mode with full progression.

Do you really have to lock epic loot packs behind level 30? just this crazy long grind to 30 while my points accrue slowly. Yeah I could speed it up doing the “storyless” story mode but it gets boring pretty quick with all the horde modes and samey creatures. I do love the boss fights though. Love them a TON. But not enough to do another 10 horde modes every time to get up to it.

It is all time in your game regardless. Wouldn’t you rather they were having fun? If you are so concerned about losing peeps to the bot modes, that’d be a sign that your online mode isn’t compelling enough.

Ever gonna up the aim assist for controllers? Do you disagree that COD/Destiny/Halo “feel” great on controllers?

I just want to have more fun than frustration in this game. I bought the damn thing twice, one pc and ps4. Please just improve the quality of life. Shorten the grind. Make it easier to play. Is it really so bad that most players can finish your game?

Yeah, they should give us everything in the first 5 minutes so we could all complain there’s nothing left to do.

5 Likes

So you had no complaints until “it” was released? If you had genuine concerns then why did you not make this thread days/weeks ago?

1 Like

What does Overwatch have to do with Battleborn? Many games are polished when they are released. Some more than others.

You can get this quickly during the double XP event. I average 1.25 levels per game. That’s just a few hours to get to 30.

I’d agree with you here. I can spend 5-10 minutes trying to get in a game.

Scoring is being overhauled with a future patch. This was already addressed.

The grind for what? Command level? It’s rather short to be honest. 2 weeks after release and most games have Command level 100 players.

The Devs have nothing to do with Overwatch. This makes no sense.

1 Like

is it really necessary to make the grind so long?

That’s a staple for pretty much every online game ever. Yes, grinds are long because it extends the life of a game. People will drop out sooner of they are handed everything so quickly.

Can’t you loosen up scoring for other classes?

Did you REALLY have to make the class unlocks so ridiculously long?

A good portion of unlocks come straight from completing the campaign. Others are meant to have high level or challenges because they are characters that are not designed for people still young to the game and its mechanics.

Overwatch is a polished gem while battleborn shows signs of being rushed everywhere. Please just add some quality of life improvements. Add a bot mode for peeps that are tired of the incredibly long and crappy matchmaking. A bot mode with full progression.

Imagery is subjective. I find OV’s visuals flat and the “cleanliness” just feels empty. BB’s bot matches give some exp and creds, but obviously not much. Overwatch’s AI setup doesn’t provide for much progression either. What would be the point of having an online game and just letting you never touch the online aspect?

It is all time in your game regardless. Wouldn’t you rather they were having fun? If you are so concerned about losing peeps to the bot modes, that’d be a sign that your online mode isn’t compelling enough.

This leads to the same answer: Why would any game that puts emphasis on playing with or against players allow so much to be gained from A.I.? A.I. is specificially meant to practice, experiment, or even just ■■■■ around. This is for almost every online game out there, possibly a few exceptions but I’m sure few and far in-between.

Ever gonna up the aim assist for controllers? Do you disagree that COD/Destiny/Halo “feel” great on controllers?

The aim assist is very strong in this game, some say too strong, I say it’s very tight and best where it is. Assist is supposed to help, not do the work for you, any further than where it is and you may just be running an aim bot.

I’m not gonna comment on that Overwatch crap. Trust me I’m holding back from commenting further on that.

What is so hard about reaching rank 30? or even 40? I see TONS of people are over rank 50 and I’ve seen more and more rank 100s now. People who casually play the game can reach rank 30! That mindset of wanting everything to be unlocked easily BECAUSE YOU WANT IT TO BE LIKE OVERWATCH. GET OVER YOURSELF!

The aim assist is strong. Have you tried Oscar Mike yet? zoom in and shoot. tell me if the aim assist is low. I’m a Thorn player. I can agree for Thorn is seriously hard to get accurate but hey I still manage to hit 75% accuracy with her. Practice man practice. BEFORE you assume I’m a lifeless person, I have a 12 hour shift job with a wife and 4 kids so DON’T even go there.

You’re obviously an Overwatch fanboi trolling

4 Likes

@Lewtskie @ddomero Seriously. The Aim Assist is kind of crazy. I actually feel really bad playing as Oscar Mike, because the amount of Aim Assist can make him kind of a monster, especially when I get on a role. Its almost nooby, to a point.

The amount of head shots u get with him. it’s enough to make u think you’re a pro haha!

To use a Halo metaphor, he’s sort of like the Halo 3 BR, or dual-wielding Needlers XD

I will certainly not argue that, it’s crazy strong. Maybe I’m just biased cause I’m typically ■■■■ otherwise, haha. I think gearbox never planned for BB to be hyper competitive and so for consoles atleast, giving them a very lax control mechanic so you can just have fun.

1 Like

“…with all this time spent (grinding, leveling) wouldn’t you want them [players] having fun?”

So what you’re saying is you prefer Overwatch because its all instant action and instant gratification?
Great, you have that game. Its called Overwatch.

Would you really want Overwatch and Battleborn to be the same dam game and same approach + delivery?

“Why do you have to wait till level 30 to unlock epic loot packs?”

Is that really that big a deal?
By level 30, you’ve already acquired plenty of epics and some legendaries. And the amount of money you acquire till then is probably better spent on more gear space and loadouts.

Your original post feels so whingy about nothing given that what you are looking for is Overwatch and then being so arrogant about your lamentations, that everyone else would agree with your tastes and preferences to immediate access.

Many of us rather enjoy some of the progression.

Progression and grind are two different things.

Never gate fun. Cardinal rule of game design.

1 Like