Gearbox and how the community has effected us

So I mostly created this because Gearbox is a fantastic company that has had me hooked since I first picked up borderlands, but in Battleborn from the short time it’s been our I’ve met some really awesome people who have been fun to play with. This community has and will continue to have people make some friends and I’d love to see what story’s people have from this new game that to me seems more friendly to meeting people and getting to know them. That being said this is my story that I have to share.

So Battleborn just came out and I just had the day from hell at work, but I’m on my way home covered in glue and scraps of carpet happy as could be because next to me is Battleborn with a Rath figure. So I jump on and start playing and after finishing the Void’s edge for what must have been the 10th time since the beta was out I start playing PvP, I meet some nice people who for the life of me I can’t remember their gamertags because we kinda just stopped talking after that, regardless they invited some friends in to their party and I could name all of them but the only one that matters here is NMBR1D3M0NChyld/ @demon_chid and say what you want about the user name but she was wonderful and kicked some major ass, so we didn’t talk for 3 days and finally both of our scheduled worked out where we could talk.

The two of us hit it off really well and clicked to the point were we kinda freaked ourselfs out a little, but the two of us kept talking and kinda flirting back and forth both of our personality’s clashed in a good way where we had allot of fun. After what was about 2 weeks we kinda just sat down and talked for a while and at the end of the night we were dating, the two of us couldn’t be happier with each other and all I can say is thank you to gearbox for making a game that did this and thank you to the community for always being so chill and relaxed, both of those are what made the two of us finding each other possible, and things are going so well she will be flying out to come to a convention with me in two months.

P.S. I just wanna say I’m sorry for the wall of text that was just one box that this used to be I don’t tend to use forums very much and wasn’t thinking about how awful it would have been to read.

16 Likes

Please use paragraphs. Didn’t read the wall of text, sorry.

1 Like

A little hard to read as a wall of text, but good for you guys

1 Like

Pshh. Your story, write it how you want!

Congrats, it’s kind of funny the random things that can bring people together, hey! :smile:

3 Likes

He got a gf and wanted to share with the forums cause they met on BB. Saved you some time.

4 Likes

Beautiful. Good luck!

3 Likes

Congrats Chugga I wish you and DemonChild the best of luck. I will play with you guys again some other time.

1 Like

Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww I wish you both all the best and a badass relationship! :heart:

GBX games do that kind of thing. Me and my fiance came together while playing BL-1 as team back then^^

3 Likes

Tears are brought to my eyes for these posts. -sniff sniff-

GBX making a new relationships with every new game.

3 Likes

@Rogueoftime64 Calling it now…you will have a BB themed wedding. Kleese will do the ceremony, Oscar Mike will DJ and Rath will handle the catering. Just remote viewed this…your welcome.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong that would be amazing but gotta have Shane and Aurox as the DJ

2 Likes

True, with Reyna doing the ceremony :slight_smile: and a Phoebe dress. This is happening

1 Like

Can I suggest Benedict for camera man I suspect he could get some great aerial shots. Also you clearly need Orendi to make a appearance at some point and time.

1 Like

@JoeKGBX, you have to read this.

2 Likes

Orendi’s the flower girl, of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Gotta give her an important job

2 Likes

Gotta love a good love story! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Caldarius could draw a giant heart into the sky for the occasion and Benedict would be perfect in place as camera-guy/photograph^^
And if someone needs the crowds to shut up for a romantic toast you´ve Ambra to scream at all to silence :smiley:

A Phoebe gown would be so rad :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Rogueoftime64 and @Demon_Chid:

Today’s been a stressful day. Patch notes, Battleplan drafts, Production meetings, etc. Then I read this and it’s the coolest damn thing. Seriously makes my day. Sometimes we get emails from leadership with cool stories like this reminding us of “why we fight”. It’s stuff like this. This is a good reminder to me that no matter how tough things are sometimes, what we’re doing matters – and we have all of you to thank for that. Really happy for you both and, on behalf of our whole team, I genuinely wish you the best. Thanks for sharing this. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

My story isn’t as great as yours but I have met some great gamers to party up with through this game. One actually started off as a trash talker on the other team lol.

Was playing as Rath as I wanted to show off my shiny new “still not a Vampire” skin and testing out a status build. As we all know when playing Rath , you will run into an opposing Rath who makes it his goal to show you he can “out Rath” you. The entire match I was dominating him because he kept trying to rush to my side to fight , while I’m just sitting back with a full team actually playing the game and getting the free kill…the hate msgs rolled in…

Long story short I ignored them all and after the win (lol) , sent him a good game msg and a friend request. We’ve been steam rolling ever since lol.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry your having a rough day but me and Demon_chid are both glad that we could cheer you up, we both hope your day gets better.

2 Likes