Gearbox announces something on Dec 1st

So Randy Pitchford tweeted that he got a email of someone complaining they should fix Gear of War. Which was funny but then someone asked if there would be a Duke Nukem/Gears of War crossover, on which Randy responded:

Is this going to be:

• New Duke Nukem game
  • Borderlands 3 info
  • Bulletstorm remaster
  • Borderlands Remaster
  • New Brothers in Arms game
  • Battleborn: Born 2 Battle
  • Heat: The Game
  • Homeworld Stuff
  • Tales from the Borderlands Season 2

UPDATE:

Yup it’s the Bulletstorm Remaster

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition brings the critically-acclaimed cult-classic shooter to PlayStation® 4, Xbox One™ system, and PC in stunning ultra-high resolutions. Updated with hi-res textures, increased polygon counts, sterling audio, and smoother frame rates—all running in up to 4K resolution on PC and PS4™ Pro—this new version of Bulletstorm comes with all of the previously-released add-ons along with all-new content.

Step into the boots of Grayson Hunt after a crash landing on an abandoned resort planet forces him to make a hard choice: survival or revenge. An exiled member of the elite assassin group Dead Echo, Grayson’s reckless desire for vengeance finds his crew stranded on Stygia where he can finally confront the commander behind his betrayal—or get his team off the planet alive.

Save 15% when you pre-order Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition PLUS get Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour content free!
http://www.bulletstorm.com

Follow our social networks to keep up on the latest:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bulletstorm/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bulletstorm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqcIS_0KHya0mPIKS6cUMw
Instagram: @bulletstormgame ( https://www.instagram.com/bulletstormgame/ )

10 Likes

18 Likes

Homeworld cataclysm remaster. Fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay, my birthday

1 Like

We’re still dreaming that. Well I bet they will release it the same time as Half Life 3…

Hoping for BL3 but not expecting much tbh

I think this one is possible.
Screenshots have leaked earlier this year.
A unreleased trailer showed Gearbox as the Publisher at E3 2016.
Gearbox has been making efforts to becoming a publisher next to being a developer.
People can Fly made the original Bulletstorm, but also Gear of War Judgement.

1+1+1= still a lot of speculation

2 Likes

I think it is an official announcement of the Bulletstorm Remaster.

4 Likes

Bulletstorm still holds up well though, I think. A remaster would be… weird? A BL1 remaster would be welcome.

What’s this about Gears of War? If they brought all those installments to Steam, that would be awesome, but what else would they do?

1 Like

Remastering an obscure title like Bulletstorm and not bringing a franchise cornerstone like Borderlands to next gen consoles would be weird, but hey, it’s gearbox, maybe it will be an Aliens Colonial Marines remaster…

4 Likes

Microsoft bought the Gears of War ip from EPIC Games.
Microsoft build a new studio specially for this franchise, The Coalition (Formally known as: Black Tusk Studio).
The Coalition’s first project was the remaster of Gears of War 1. This game was build to showcase the new undivided windows platform where 1 game could run on windows and on xbox one. I don’t think Gearbox Software is going to do the other ports.

What link does randy have to bulletstorm?

I have no idea. Its a news report. Gbx is an ‘indie’ developer. So maybe they need some money. Maybe this is a next step at publishing AAA title them self.

More power to them. Honestly, I really enjoyed Bulletstorm. I didn’t think many people knew about it though.

Would be real interesting to see them pick up a franchise, but something tells me the news is internal

1 Like
8 Likes

Let’s really hope it’s Borderlands remastered, just me but while there are fans of Battleborn, Duke Nukem, and such, it’s not what I am and I may not be alone in this, looking forward to. BL3 splash news, the remastered BL1, are really the only news I’d like to really hear about, anything other than that, not a BL political debate not a banjo solo, (you know who I’m referring to sir, if your reading this), concept art, graphical designs, ideas and explanations of what we can look forward to in 3, characters coming, info on either the skill trees being expanded or revamped, just to toss out some ideas, this is what I and possibly others would drool to see. You want us to hurl money at the screen Mr. Pitchford, this would help for 3, or details on what you’ve improved for the remastered edition would be amazing :grin:. Fixing the drop rates, improved colors for characters, or even costumes I’d love to be able to change Bricks look. And some other good ideas could be put out here for all of us to see, but please “do not” say you have big news and it be nothing, I will watch with interest.

duke nukem forever remastered :slight_smile: or a new one would be really sweet!

Duke Nukem is finally going on “Dancing With The Stars”.

2 Likes

I really hope this is true as well instead of another thing that turns out to be nothing. We still remember pax Randy so don’t go down that road again.
I’ll be watching as well and hoping its something interesting.

2 Likes