Gearbox answers 9 fan questions, including Item Duping and TFTB characters

Yeah, it doesn’t seem like we are getting any DLC vault hunters in season 1 of the DLC, but since alot of people weren’t happy when Randy said that, I think they will listen to the criticism and add some DLC vaults hunters during season 2 of the DLC support. The fact that Fiona isn’t an NPC in the game does tell me that DICE might be considering adding her as a DLC Vault Hunter, since we know that she was working towards becoming a Vault Hunter at the end of TFTB, and 6 years have passed between the end of TFTB and BL3, plenty of time for her to hone her skills.

1 Like

I really hope they add the feature to allow to save character loadouts/skill trees. I don’t know why they’ve never done this before, and the response to the question is somewhat surprising (kind of like nobody’s ever thought of it?). Having the option makes sense since you already have the option to respec, and now that the skill trees have gotten more complex it makes even more sense. The main reason i rarely respec is because it’s a pain to place all the points again and make sure you have everything right (and also don’t put an extra point where it doesn’t belong DOH!)

1 Like

I truly hope that we can replay the game on the same difficulty and have it scale to your level. Because like Goldilocks, normal is too easy, uvhm is to hard, but tvhm is just right. That’s why i stop playing BL2 because uvhm was too Soul’s Bourne type punishing game play. I HATED IT!!

2 Likes

This is the most important thing on this list, i’ d be so psyched if they added bodies as their own thing so we’d still have whatever colors we want. Also animated skins would be nice.

2 Likes

Fortunately, someone on Reddit looked into the scaling a few months ago, and it looks pretty…reasonable? Someone else compared it to the other games, and…yeah, I’m gonna go with “reasonable.”

But I’m also curious about the other stuff. My gut, however, cynically tells me that we won’t find out until they’re ready to sell us a level cap increase, given how things went for the past two games.

2 Likes

Hum I am very un easy with how they appear to be approaching “difficulty” as a whole. So we will have Normal and Easy modes which I imagine just change enemy health, damage, and attack behavior like most games.
Then we have different playthroughs which is handled via TVHM. We can guess this will add new enemy variants, give enemies new attacks, as well as possibly making the game more difficult.
Lastly we have Mayhem mode. This will increase difficulty, and add modifiers to the game.

I mean Mayhem mode sounds better then OP along as they are not doing loot level ups with each rank of Mayhem. Having mayhem one be a spicy OP1 would be well disappointing.
OP created a very big problem when the team decided to increase the level cap in fight for Sanctuary. Leveling up an OP8 character to 80 was a joke and offered very little engagement in the content. If Mayhem mode is simply something that makes loot quality better I’m down with that.

We potentially Three systems that affect difficulty. To me is unnecessary. Difficulty should be one system and playthroughs or NG+ type stuff should be it’s own thing. This us historically how meany video games do these things. Not because its simple but because it works. I will reserve judgment until I see the differences for myself.

1 Like

They’re just trying to keep the old Telltale Forum Shippers on tenterhooks.

It will be kind of weird if they’re not even mentioned. Rhys and Vaughn have been friends forever, and Rhys’s romance with Sasha was a pretty important plot point in Tales. Plus the whole Tales group all opened a vault together and became a pretty tight unit by the end. I hope that all doesn’t just get hand waved away.

I’ve actually been slightly worried that the deaths of Cassius and the Helios Hellions in Fight for Sanctuary were an attempt to quickly cut off some of Tales’s loose ends that the writers weren’t fans of.

1 Like

Rhys and Fiona Forever.

1 Like

I was a Rhys and Fiona guy to start but for some reason it’s just in my nature to drift over to canon ships.

1 Like

I’m a Rhys/Sasha shipper. The fact that Rhys is in Borderlands 3 and Sasha isn’t tells me that they’re probably not still dating 6 years later, if they ever did, which sucks :neutral_face: Hopefully they end up together again in whichever Borderlands 3 story DLC brings back Sasha. I hope Gortys and Loaderbot still have some robot romance going on too.

2 Likes

Duping items will always be a thing, dont worry guys.

1 Like

And it will always be something that shall not be discussed on these forums, too!

4 Likes

I wish you hadn’t included your third bullet without a spoiler tag or something. Or not at all. The rest of your bullet points are more about gameplay than story spoilers.

1 Like

Here’s a relevant quote on the Borderlands website regarding this:

“helpful loot, and self-contained storylines featuring unforgettable characters. But if you miss or skip some these missions during your journey only to realize that you greatly outlevel them later on, don’t worry—the entire universe can be scaled up to match your current level while Mayhem Mode is active, ensuring that all missions provide a suitable challenge”

So that’s another good option for people. As we know old out dated side missions would give little xp when going back, so in order to get max xp without going into TVHM you can opt to dabble in Mayhem mode.

Although we don’t know yet how hard Normal mode Mayhem would be compared to TVHM story.? Different options though, always good.

1 Like