Gearbox Community Badass: xmngr

Gearbox Community Badass is a new feature we’re trying out as a way to recognize members of the Gearbox Community for their creative efforts – be they cosplays, artwork, community events, guides, or any other means of letting their Gearbox flag fly! Each week, we’ll spotlight one of our awesome community members and the cool things they’re doing. Anyone is eligible to be a featured community badass, so being a member of the forums isn’t required (although it helps since this is where our badasses will be featured!) Additionally, every featured Badass will receive a “Legendary” forum badge, so it’ll be hard to enjoy your flair without a forum account, right?! Please note that while each week’s Community Badass will be selected by forum staff, nominations are welcome and will be taken into account. If you’d like to nominate someone to be a Gearbox Community Badass, just PM @JoeKGBX with your nomination!

Community Badass is back, and we thought it was time to bestow the honor on a very deserving individual – @xmngr! “X” as he is commonly known, is not only a fantastic community member, but also a fantastic guide maker! If you’ve been on the forums a while, you’ve no doubt come across one of his guides. We’ve received a couple nominations recently for X to be Community Badass and decided it was finally time to pull the trigger. On behalf of all of us here at Gearbox, thanks for your contributions to the community, @xmngr!

What would ya say ya do here?

One of the main things I feel I do here is to help new players and gather information to make new guides for all of us to help and learn new things (you never stop learning). Also I love to chill with the people here because I’ve made really good friends in the forum (naming poetic nova, acnaero, demonite, gulfwulf, tokesy, giuvito, krewlrain and many more). I feel this place has a space for everyone here, from new people to old veterans of the game. And Tableflipping, I can’t forget tableflipping (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻, cheez, I am really thankful of the community in general.

What’s your favorite Gearbox game?

Undoubtfully, BL2. Battleborn and DN are great games too. BL3 will be my favourite, when it comes out of course. If it ever happens, I would be looking for a GBX-made racing game :smiley:

What is it about that one that keeps you coming back?

The idea of trying new stuff every time. Shotgun Zer0, Breakneck Maya, Tediore Axton, to name a few. And Krieg, I must not forget the psycho that keeps me playing Borderlands. There is a lot of stuff I’ve never done.

If you were a character in Borderlands, what do you think the xmngr class would be called and what would it specialize in?

Krieg. I would be specialized mainly on Maliwan weaponry, killing bandits with my axe and making BBQs. Who doesn’t like bbq’s?

You’ve done a lot in the community, but one of the big things you’re known for is your awesome guides. How do you go about creating such detailed and informative guides?

Mainly research, digging in the old forum, the guides presented here (also made by the community) and googling. And mostly, the stuff I’ve learn with the time. When I feel a guide (or porting it from the old forum) is necessary, I’ll be there for everyone. :smiley:

Any tips for aspiring guide creators out there?

Definitely. Try to squeeze your brain and memory at its maximum, it is OK to have some errors and wrong info, because you’re learning. Learning is the most important part on everything. Your will, your energy, your desire to help will make everything go awesome!

Any social media accounts, YouTube channels, or streams you’d like to plug?

I have a little and humble youtube channel:

26 Likes

Well deserved @xmngr - now officially a COMMUNITY BADASS.

7 Likes

Congrats buddy!

8 Likes

Well earned X! I’m very proud of you!

5 Likes

Congratulations you tableflipping Psycho! :heart:

12 Likes

I need to celebrate with some barbecue.

Congrats X.

9 Likes

Congratulations @xmngr!

I celebrated by eating some barbecue chicken wings for dinner. :yum:

6 Likes

mY SNoRkeLS ArE pIPiNg HoT MeaT juICE! Blo0DMagGOtS iN THe nOoNDaY sUN!

Or something like that. You know what I mean, though, right? X

10 Likes

X(mngr) marks the spot! Congrats!

6 Likes

Congrats, X! You deserve it.

5 Likes

It took a while but now you’re on the list with the rest of us crazy [censored]. :thumbsup:

6 Likes

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttsssssss on becoming THE conductor of the poop train! Only one way to celebrate this one!

ALL THE TABLELFIPPING

8 Likes

Congrats X! Well deserved!

5 Likes

There are few times where I genuinely swell up with happiness on here. But this is one of them.

I think @xmngr is not only a perfect and admirable example of what it means to contribute to the community of a game that you love, but I think he’s also a perfect example of how to be a damn good person.

So far as I’m concerned, he isn’t a community badass. He’s a god-damn community Raid Boss.

You’re one of the first posters I remember reading, X. Maybe even the first tag that the Missus would recognize, as the two of us always used to get in to little brainstorming sessions when it came to Krieg.

So, as a forum user. Thanks for all the help you’ve given me.
As a mod, thanks for setting the best example there is.
And as a mate, thanks for not informing people when you know I’ve been drinking.

So. Once more for old times sake.

CHI CHI LE LE

12 Likes

Grats X! Well deserved!

5 Likes

6 Likes

just to thank everyone, to @JoeKGBX for the nomination and all my good friends here (@Gulfwulf, @Giuvito, @MidnightNova, @ACNAero, @Kaleidodemon and many many more) , i wouldn’t havent been CBA without your help, support and friendship

you’re awesome guys, i feel home posting here

17 Likes

You deserve it, man. By the way, we ever gonna play again? :dukewhistle: Speaking of which, where’s your special lady friend (@hattieinduni) with her congratulations kiss? :dukeego:

6 Likes

Whoohoo congratulations man!

5 Likes

Glad Gulf tagged me in this - Congratulations @xmngr!!! Well deserved. :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes