Gearbox Community Baddass: Tal_Raja

Gearbox Community Badass is a new feature we’re trying out as a way to recognize members of the Gearbox Community for their creative efforts – be they cosplays, artwork, community events, guides, or any other means of letting their Gearbox flag fly! Each week, we’ll spotlight one of our awesome community members and the cool things they’re doing. Anyone is eligible to be a featured community badass, so being a member of the forums isn’t required (although it helps since this is where our badasses will be featured!) Additionally, every featured Badass will receive a “Legendary” forum badge, so it’ll be hard to enjoy your flair without a forum account, right?! Please note that while each week’s Community Badass will be selected by forum staff, nominations are welcome and will be taken into account. If you’d like to nominate someone to be a Gearbox Community Badass, just PM @JoeKGBX with your nomination!

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/uploads/short-url/efibRNEOaOmE5cW6JE8JiHVYTPr.jpg

As mentioned in this week’s Battleplan, we’re featuring Tal_Raja (@JavaJunkie37) as our Community Badass this time around! Raja is a Twitch streamer who regularly streams Battleborn and recently completed a very interesting self-appointed challenge – complete The Heliophage on Advanced Difficulty with a full team of five consisting of each character. Read on to find out how she did it and a little more about her!

How long have you been playing Gearbox games?

Started with Borderlands. I love couch co-op and the distinctive art and humor kept me engaged.

What is it about Battleborn that keeps you coming back for more?

Have you seen the roster lately? No two characters play the same, and every match is different.

Who’s your favorite Battleborn?

Ambra. Why is that a question. She clearly wins.

[Image by Mental Mars]

Your answer to that last question may affect your answer to this one, but if you could be any of the Battleborn, who would you be?

Actually, the whole ‘sustained’ thing sounds a lot like regret waiting to happen. Alani could be fun though.

How long have you been streaming on Twitch?

I actually started thanks to Battleborn. The community was so amazing but I felt a lot of the spotlight was falling on the competitive scene, I wanted to show that you can be casual as ■■■■ and still have fun with the game.

What inspired you to undertake the task of completing The Heliophage on Advanced using a full team of each character? That’s a pretty big goal and you nailed it!

My friends are evil and Raja has bad ideas? Honestly though, it started when Alani came out; we would use PvE so we could all play as the new character. It didn’t take long for us to realize the game was not built for everyone playing the same person, so of course we had to do it.

Where can people check out your stream and/or stay in touch with you?

I stream as Tal_Raja, and it is up pretty often. Don’t be afraid to hop in and say hello!

18 Likes

I’ve played with raja many times, and every match with her is enjoyable. She’s quick to laugh, enjoys playing, and is a communicative team mate. I absolutely plus one to this community recognition, she deserves it.

1 Like

Like train incoming! All aboard!

1 Like

I’ve never been to your stream I’ll have to stop by and check it out

1 Like

Played alongside Tal_Raja as well, you’re always kept on your toes when in a match with her which leads to interesting situations - all the time.

3 Likes

I’ll have to check out this stream.

Sounds like a good time.

1 Like

Playing on The Heliophage Advanced Hardcore with Raja with a full set of the same character is super fun. I recommend it.

Toke, I feel like this was your nice way of saying “Guys, she takes so much damage, like you don’t understand, so much damage. She just dies so much guys.”

You guys are the absolute best! This was such an awesome thing to wake up to this morning. Now where is my coffee…

5 Likes

What manner of sorcerer are you than you can conjure energy without coffee beans nor water?

1 Like

How did you know?

1 Like

@JavaJunkie37
Ambra is always the best choice. Brava

2 Likes

True, but you aren’t always team tank. :dukewhistle:

1 Like

BOOM -cough-

I’ve actually seen her, you, @JavaJunkie37 in my suggestions on Twitch. Watched her a couple times since then while considering on getting the game. (Interest dropped, you know the tale, I am. Need 20$) always liked her streams and Ambra/Alani not bad choices.

not as good as Tesska Elessamorn but I digress.

2 Likes

Raja had a bad day yesterday, so I figured this would cheer her up:

2 Likes

You. Are. Awesome.

Cyber-hugs for everyone! (and thanks for the laughs)

3 Likes