Gearbox dev quitting mid-game

Okay so I was playing Meldown like I usually do when I came across a Gearbox dev in the same team as me. She chose Montana with a paid skin so I told myself “Hey she might be good although she lvl 7”. So the game started and we felt behind pretty fast, but it was still doable. Mid-game, we were still losing and somebody on our team left. It was her, the Gearbox dev…

First of all, I’m pretty sure you guys will do something about quitters, but please do it quickly. Second of all, like… are you kidding me? A Gearbox dev quitting mid-game? Aren’t you guys suppose do give the example?

P.S. I abstained myself to say her name, but I know she was a girl because of her steam profile.

3 Likes

"I know she was a girl because of her steam profile"
idk. You’d think I was a girl or homosexual if you saw mine. And I’m a guy

There are a million reasons to quit though which is why I don’t want any rules against quitting. I’ve quit because dinner is ready. I’ve quit because I needed to go to the bathroom and couldn’t hold it any longer. I’ve quit because my leg was so horrible it wasn’t even worth playing and shut off my whole system

It would be “nice” if the Devs were there to set examples but honestly they are humans and I can’t fault this feminine Dev for quitting.
(Maybe they were just trying to get some player info? Data mine etc.etc…)

5 Likes

could be a legitimate disconnect or maybe he/she had to go poop really really bad.

6 Likes

Her name was written in her steam profile dude…

Also I get quitters every 3-4 games. Can’t only be ppl who needs to poop real bad.

2 Likes

It is 2016
There is no “girl” or “boy” names anymore

Could still be a guy. I know guys named Shannon. Girls named Cory
Name doesn’t prove anything unless “she” had nude pics also posted. In which case then you’d pretty much know it was a girl

Real life > Video games
Unfortunately.

You dont know everyones story.

5 Likes

There’s still soooooo many potential reasons for people leaving. You can’t just jump straight to assuming they’re doing it maliciously.

EDIT: ninja’d by @Kitty_Jo

4 Likes

Why are we even having a conversation about gender in this context? I think maybe the OP was just defending the use of a specific pronoun, but … wut.

I’m not voicing any opinion at all about the nominal subject (dev quitting), just saying that maybe we can drop the issue of said dev’s gender, because it is 100% irrelevant.

(Somehow this wound up as a reply to pumkin1988 – it was not intended specifically as a response to you, sorry, just a general thread-chain comment.)

4 Likes

Agreed. Not sure why this matters either.

3 Likes

It was a ninja with love :heart:

2 Likes

You speak of love while I’m left with this?? :scream:

3 Likes

You…Monster.

I gave her post a like for you. Seemed like the right thing to do.

2 Likes

The generosity. It brings a tear to my eye.

1 Like

Those are pretty crap reasons to quit xD. The first, if you know dinner is close, don’t start a match. The second, just step away, tell your team.

I guess after responding I realize your post is satire and isn’t meant to be taken seriously, but yeah there should be something done against people who leave

2 Likes

Put em on blast eh?

Are Gbox Devs real people? Reason I ask is, real people have stuff happen.

1 Like

I think some people quit do to circumstances beyond their control. But there should be something in place to make it not so painful for the the rest of the team.

Dance, you monster!

1 Like

Stuff happens. It’s possible that she had a legitimate sudden reason. Or maybe they were collecting some kind of disconnect data that they couldn’t get internally (somehow?).

While I’m 40% on board with you in the “GUYS COME ON!”, I’m mostly on the side of “everyone gets one”

1 Like