Gearbox do you guys hate ISIC?

Lol the counters are simple:

• Use a melee character his charge cannon is terrible in CQC and hes slow with a nice huge crit hit box to smack

• Pile on him 5v1 and he’s toast

• Use AoE literally any one will break his 68 dmg wards lol

• equip shield pen gear and use OM, or Marquis and laugh at ISIC attempts to survive

• play Galilea and shield throw stun him and if he somehow survives and dashes away… Desecrate pull him with a wound silence and slow and its GG. LUL

Edit. Kleeses shock taser and Ambras staff go right through the wards. Use Phoebes 6 sec slow phasegate and dance around him.

1. Life steal is a temporary helix. He has no DR and no blocking. Counters are ALL RANGE CHARACTERS and CC (to interrupt his ulti)
  2. Montana is also countered by guns, for the same reason. Galilea’s life steal is a passive aoe, it sucks unless shes using it in a wave or pve but against one person it sucks. Countered by shield pen obviously because of her damage helix, and any CC, because of all the tanks she is the squishiest. Interrupt block and she goes down, ghalt does this easily.
  3. Its not 65% its 50%, and only during rage, and only with helix. Counters again are damage fields and slows/starvation.
  4. What do you mean by shields? the one he can block with for up to 2000 dmg? Kelvin has shields too, may as well say shield pen counters him. Shield Pen doesnt work against isics wards.
    You have a very clear and complete lack of understanding of all characters you bring into this discussion. You SEVERELY understate how much DPS isic can dish out. You constantly say his wards have 68 hp so im going to assume you dont actually know how to play ISIC no matter how many times people point out his charge mechanic.
    Galilea cant get wound and pull in desecrate at the same time. Not that wound helps?
    5v1 anyone and they’re toast. This is perhaps the weakest and most silly "counter"
    Projectile AoE (spirit bomb, napalm grenade, sticky grenades, boomsday etc) are reflected by his wards. This was pointed out by others and completely ignored by you.

You should just stop =/

5 Likes

Honestly his damage is fine on charge cannon, all he needs is ward buff and slight health buff (just enough to call tank health)

1 Like

Whoa watch out guys we have a badass over here. Its one thing to argue with constructive criticism, but its another to blatantly insult someone.

In all your rambling you fail to refute any of my points in reguards to the other heros tanking kit.

I asked how to counter life steal you refuted with " use ranged" that is not a legitimate arguement at all. Attickus is a melee hero his kit has both dmg and tanking. Utilizing life steal gives him his tank role, that and his starting HP of 2K at lvl gives him enough to tank effectively there are no counters to life steal and if you refuse to use it then you’re not specing for a tanky attickus

I asked you how to counter life steal you refuted with " just deal dmg" that to is not legitimate. Mitgating a large portion of dmg contributes a lot to tanking with one again no counter. Boldurs passive + lvl 5 mutation plus a combo of gear can get you to 65%

In addtion to that he has a sheidl that can potentially block 2K dmg it unlimited at lvl 10. Montana has his freeze skill and ultimate that grant significant DR. No counters.

Any tank that tries to 1v5 a team will die however with support all other tanks and actully withstand a 5v1 encounter except ISIC

ISICs main counter is melee characters his ward doesn’t block dmg from melee strikes which makes it useless against a melee team you can take the other augment for melee heros but then you expose yourself to ranged DDers. Shield pen does go through wards albeit only a fraction of the dmg depending on the shield pen percentage. Also use literally any AoE to break them. ( shadow fire pillar, blight, naplam, raths uppercut, I could go on but you know what I mean)

Boldur can safely enter melee range and tank with his shield and passive DR.

Montana is a mid ranged tank but if melee heros get close you can body slam them into a wall and unload fire into their face. Plus you gain DR with the frost skill and his ultimate

Kelvin can stack high HP ( up to 4K) and tank that way plus his passive gives him a shield.

Attikus has a high HP pool and life steal that sustains him coupled with attck speed gear and melee dmg gear he’s unstoppable.

Galilea has life steal, wound, slow and silence plus a stun to deal with others, plus her ult gives her a free get away and heals her.

ISIC has his enegy agies. That’s it and it doesn’t do anything but dealy your death against melee hero against ranged heros you spen more time being pressured than pressuring which doesn’t help you generate threat from other players simce the charge cannon deal high dmg.

Speaking of the cannon it blows in CQC. You play as boldur right? If you have problems with ISIC you need to L2P. They can nerf ISIC some more it won’t change it thing with how I play him his was my second master ( boldur was my first) and he’s my favorite hero

[Edit]

ISICs main counter is melee characters

You keep saying this and it keeps making you look dumb. If a melee character is in range of ISIC, they are severely overextended and will be quickly terminated by ISIC’s teammates.

@dwarfurious hits the mark on everything he is saying. There is a reason ISIC is on effectively permaban in the competitive scene. After the Benedict nerf (and arguably even before it), he is without a doubt one of the strongest characters in the game. You not recognizing ISIC’s sheer power and listing ineffective counters (and then having them thoroughly refuted, followed by you listing different ineffective counters) is a product of you lacking a solid grasp on the game.

2 Likes

Ok - first off, lets turn this back to a fair, even discussion and think about what you’re writing.

I honestly suggest that all participants in this “debate” consider carefully what you write from this point on.

For those of you who don’t want to read the forum rules - which I very strongly advise here’s some that immediately need to be noted.

If I have to get involved again - warnings will be handed out, and the thread will be closed.

1 Like

Thats actually the exact thing that i did, all of it.

You did not ask that actually, you said "jennerit tank has life steal and huge HP pool(Attikus), No counters"
Ranged is a counter because he cant steal life at range. His Hadronic Arc life steal is pickles. His 30% lifesteal on leap is temporary and still only 30% of what he can do, this does not make him a tank and its countered with CC because he cant hit you while crowd controlled.

Thats deceptive and misleading on your part, but also moot because Damage reduction gear is awful even if you had a 15%, also no gear combo will get you 15% reduction

ISIC has a shield too, that can block up to 2000 damage. He can get another 2000 damage shield that refreshes in 6 seconds to go with his artillery of an ultimate.
AoE/beam weapons counter the shield. Want to counter montana’s ultimate? Interrupt it. Its telegraphed, interrupt him. Or wait it out. Its temporary. ISIC also counters shields, his charge cannon is an AoE, shoot the ground behind them and you hurt them.

Thats just kind of silly

No it doesnt, because the Wards dont have shield. Its like Toby’s wall, its a ‘energy shield’ but shield pen wont go through it. The Wards are objects with their own HP. I played a little ISIC last night, its hilarious reflecting rockets back at Benedict even though rockets are “aoe”

You are greatly underestimating ISICs effectiveness. ISIC has a listed DPS of 194 at level 1, how is it any worse at close range where he is less likely to miss? Never said i had trouble with ISIC, thats just your offensive assertion because i think ISIC is strong and you think he is not.

1 Like

It’s worth mentioning here that helixes that let you penetrate objects, such as Montana’s Icicles, Toby’s Heartpiercer, and Thorn’s Piercing Volley/Draw Strength, may go through his wards. I haven’t had enough games where I’m one of these characters and there is an ISIC to go against to confirm, but I do know that it goes through things like Toby’s Force Field. However, all of these options are typically not chosen over other choices at the same level (Riding the Rail, Swole Shield/Feeling the Burn, Swampfoot/Burst Propulsion).

And as a bonus, Boldurs axe toss if he takes the returning axe helix. For whatever reason this bypasses the wards.

I don’t think you carefully read through my posts I never said his dmg sucks or he underpreforms. Im saying that he isn’t this godly tank that everyone keeps saying he is.

If you play a melee charcter you will get in ISICs face so your telling me you’re just gunna stand there and let him snipe you? Grab a rath Galilea or Boldur and kill him its not hard

ISIC is still good. For a giant gun turrent but if you want a REAL tank play someone else.

I love how when you guys can’t get your way you start insulting other people, if you truly believe that he is this godly tank then you are clearly mistaken. Was he OP at the start? Yes. But now what warrentes a double nerf? He has tons of counters and you two refuse to use them.

1 Like

Yep so all of this “Wards are OP’” is non sense use the hard counters he has and shut him down ISIC is the weakest attacker (dare I say tank) in the game.

Kleese has alomst the same starting HP as ISIC and he’s not labled a tank.

ISIC is not in needs of big buffs, just wards buff and slight health buff, honestly just better health scaling, his damage is fine, honestly I would not mind if they gave the charge time a longer time to full charge by 1 sec, or 1.5 in exchange for the tankiness

One last thing he is not that powerful his crit is big and melee normally equals bad matchup and if he is playing as sniper, your doing it wrong, (not too underpowered but still need buffs)

ISIC can block 2000 damage with his Aegis, and reflect up to 1700~ with his wards. And then his Aegis will be recharged to block more. His wards really really really really do not need buffed.
He can literally teleportstun away from almost any melee. He can teleport onto ledges melee cant even touch him at. He has high ranged DPS with no damage-drop off, you know how many ranged characters have no damage fall-off? Long range is doing it right.

2 Likes

@dwarfurious

1. Once again attikus has a base HP of 2K if you use HP gear he can gain a lot if survivability and close the gap ro deal dmg thats why he has life steal High risk and High reward. 15% from level 1 + 15% from melee attacks + 30% from pounce equals 60%( the 30% lasts a few secs) you keep claiming “stun him” use you’re oblivious to the obvious that you will get stuned. If ISIC is stunned he dies since he has a low HP pool. Attikus high base HP will ensure he doesn’t get instan gibed

2. Yeah he can. At least I can I my boldur that why I mastered him just because you can’t doen’t mean its not possible. To do so is sacrificeing other gear slots and dealing with lots of negatives.

3. ISICs shield is an emergency shield incase his wards drop ( which they do very quickly) it effectively to block ranged heros but if your turtling you stop pressuring your target. Melee characters that get in your face will destroy you as blocking with it just delays your death.

Boldur on the other hand can reverse pressure with his shield its part of his kit block and close the gap his shield can be aumented 3 times (lvl 3 right helix, lvl 5 ultimate, lvl 10 left helix) making it supperior to ISICs shield which only has one augment.

Also if an ISIC take the left helix on lvl 10 thats a bad Idea. Its bad enough already to be in his ultimate because its just asking to be CCed but you want to take the dmg rockets tl pump out the most dmg.

1. No its not ISIC just doen’t have the survivability. On my boldur I can hold off an entire team especially at lvl 5 with a pocket healer. The reverse is not true for ISIC the best I can hope for is that I can take out targets before they close that gap.

2. Helix choices and shield pen does go through his wards my friend.

I think you guys have a misunderstanding of ISIC you probably never played as him and instead just encountered him.

He has the dmg if you read my OP I clearly stated that but his survivability was striped away in the process. He deals high dmf but is very squishy for a tank. Was he OP in the start? Yes. Even the first ISIC nerf I could somewhat agree but now? No he shouldn’t be a problem he just has the dmg and more importantly the range. If you still have problems dealing with him you need to L2P after 2 nerfs he shouldn’t be this “god tank” that you all make him out to be.

That being said I will gladly take a dmg nerf for my wards and HP back

He should not be played as sniper, your right about wards though, but then not charged should be useful (not to much, like 78 damage block, charged does not need one, or a miniscule buff if it does) I just feel his health needs more early (like 200, 250) but none late since his tanking is amazing then, just to reiterate the health buff should not be much with that sheild aegis which is amazing
Sorry if I made it sound like I said you play him as a sniper, I’m sure you play him as disruptor tank, and yeah I play ISIC

I can belive some people believe hes still OP still Lul. Hes best played like a sniper since he has limited survivability.Play a melee charcter and rush him.

No not sniper that is dumb

You forget to mentiom that he has to charge his shots, also thorn and marquis don’t have a dmg drop off.

Meh, I mean in the back his cannon has good range and AoE but you don’t want to be in the fray with him since it ineffective in CQC