Gearbox hinted at future VH?

Just reading the latest article on borderlands.com, answering questions about Typhon and now I really want a TPS-style game where you play as Typhon and do some vault hunting. Maybe have him narrate the opening, showing him telling a bedtime story to his kids, and relive his past.
They list his skill tree :https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-01-17-typhon-deleon-questions-answered/
And now I want to try playing as him. Really wish they’d change their mind about DLC characters and maybe release him as one (or a copy, somehow, like Timothy in TPS). =]

yeah I was surprised at the level of details he gave about the different skills. So maybe there ll be a playable Typhon

1 Like

O God no, he is by far the worst character ever created in the BL universe.

Thats a funny way to spell clay

5 Likes

FTFY. :dukewhistle:

Smoooooooth operator

1 Like

I keep saying we need a pre-pre-sequel with Typhon and his adventures.

2 Likes

He’s got a fully fleshed out story (as told through his audio diaries), and what appears to be at least a nascent skill tree. A DLC where you play him and go through his exact storyline? Unless his skill trees were really not my cup of tea, I’d play.

1 Like

That would be a fun add-on. Warp the bl3 universe back in time and play out his story. Could use all the same maps, just alter them.

A DLC where you change character to play his story? Sounds awesome.
So, for the course of the DLC, you take his form and get his skill trees instead. Whenever you enter a DLC area your character would swap to “Typhon mode” or something.
The only problem is that the DLC would have to take place at a specific moment in the main story, or you’d need to find a way to have Typhon tell the story that doesn’t affect the events of the main story.
Given the mission Childhood’s End, I’d suggest that you find an item from Tyreen’s/Troy’s childhood, which has been imprinted with the memory of him telling them a story. It’d be such a great chance to show the twins as kids and their relationship with Typhon before they started to resent him. And to allow you to try a new character without gearbox actually having to make a full new Vault Hunter (with all the extra dialogue etc). =]

1 Like

I thought about this before too. Typhon kinda had the most drawn out story in bl3 what with all the recorded logs and the end of the game, I wouldn’t mind seeing more of him since I’ve already taken to the character a little bit. Only problem with a pre-pre-sequel(pre-original?) is that it would just be a longer format of a story we’ve already been told.
The only way I could ever see it working is as a tell-tale styled story-driven game about Typhon and his wife, and we all know about the glaring hole in that proposal so I’ll just leave it at that.

2 Likes

Thinking about the idea of a DLC based around imprinted memories, I think gearbox could do something really good with it. Sort of like the Claptastic Voyage DLC. Tannis finds a way to send you into the memories in imprinted objects, in order to find where Lilith is, maybe. She sends you into memories of Tyreen/Troy as children, reliving the story Typhon tells with you playing as Typhon. Afterwards, you could go into memories from Maya’s book, maybe see more story between her and Krieg. (Or her and Ava, explaining what she saw in Ava, if they’re still keen to make her likeable.) Maybe even enter memories from other, old sirens who have already died?
And then you use what you find in those memories to unlock a way to use Lilith’s belongings to enter her memories and lock on to her, or find a clue where she is, or something. Either the DLC would end with you finding Lilith, or just finding a way to get her back (if they are saving her return for future games).
I think it’d work really well. =]

1 Like