Gearbox Software's Battleborn Day Plans

Speaking of champions… aren’t we still missing 3 champion skins.

5 Likes

Legendary Packs were at 15K each. A bit too much, to be quite honest, given that you can still get a crap roll due to RNG. I already have all the Legendaries coming from the base game, so the only ones I’ve been missing are the Operation ones that are hidden in the faction commander/loot packs.

But I ain’t spending 2500 a pop on potentially 2 greens. It was already bad enough at 1900 before the Core Loot Pack fiasco, and despite that the game isn’t successful GBX have made zero attempts to reduce the price of the packs on a temporary or permanent basis. A lot of people who still played at the time pleaded directly or subtly for lowering the prices to provide better incentives to keep playing, but all they cared to do was to put a 40 Platinum cost next to it, because, you know, microtransactions is such great PR. They just can’t help themselves in their attempts to overreach.

And the most recent update is them asking their tiny remaining playerbase to dump as much money as humanly possible because you know it’s a AAA game when there are microtransactions. You like Borderlands, well, go buy our stuff now and faster!

Ultimately, I’m glad GBX is doing Battleborn Day 3, but I would very much prefer that they cover every corner to make this as amazing as possible and not miss anything.

After all, it’s not like OP5 wasn’t riddle with gamebreaking bugs that it only took the community less than 4 hours to find multiples of.

1 Like

Or, maybe giving everyone who purchased a Season Pass all of the dlc skins? Cause that’s the point of paying for a Season Pass, is to get everything that comes out after the game is released?

3 Likes

Depends on what the season pass says it includes when it goes on sale in the first place. We already got all the stuff on the season pass as advertised, so anything else at this point is discretionary on the part of whoever at 2K and/or GBX is responsible for making that decision. (The small print definitely did not say “and anything else we think of later that we didn’t mention already” - unfortunately!)

3 Likes

Don’t give them excuses, that just gives them free reign to pull this ■■■■ again

1 Like

i always thought thats what GOTYs were for? until bl2 proved me wrong on that XD

1 Like

I thought it was to be able to play every aspect of planned DLC? Not, get cool color skins that come out sometime later.

Arbitrarily unlocking all dlc skins will take away the reward factor of playing the ops.

Ops skins aren’t the same as the dlc skins.

Huh? The Story Ops were the DLC - the only DLC - for this game. Are you talking about the premium skins (like the balloon clown S&A)? Because they weren’t DLC, just paid skins.

2 Likes

Who says they won’t? :eyes:

Beya with all the coolest friends. :sunglasses: (what about @dante_d_silva?)

But I didn’t actually do anything. I’m like that guy on the board that’s always off somewhere else doing other things when the meetings are on. :eyes:

5 Likes

I am legit encouraging them to play so we can make fire teams to hunt for them throughout the day. Perhaps maybe we can get a real patch afterwards

2 Likes

The fall update was the last planned update for Battleborn. I think it’s probably very unlikely there will be another update that includes game balancing changes unless there is some major game breaking issues. They can however apply hotfixes and temporary changes to the game like the rewards they are adding to the event because they set it up in a way that they could do that.

I know…it was a joke and sarcasm. I kinda try to

Playing with foxtrot alongside foxtrot would be the end game

3 Likes

So youre batman?

3 Likes

IMG_2357

Fitting

2 Likes

Guess i’ll have to do some bot stomping over the weekend then, gotta reach that 10,000 Battleborn kills soon.

Might have to spend some of the coins i’ve got stashed away then…LOTS of em hehe

1 Like

I’m anxious to find out how good the sale on Skins is.

Also anxious to find out that they secretly permanently flipped the switch for lore/challenge accumulation on private versus. Because that is certainly going to be in there. With 100% certainty. (If you will something hard enough…)

1 Like

That would be a dream come true. I still want to get “Angel of Death” some day, but right now the only way to work towards it is the few times I play in Bots Battle. Don’t really feel like it’s cheating when there are a few rounds that end up like yesterday:

I should have that title and a few lore pieces (including Ambra Kills/Assists as Galilea) in actual PvP by now, but everything only happened in private games. I’m basically only catching up on what I’ve missed in the last few months in those rare occasions I find some randoms in it who don’t instantly leave again or troll by leaving at map vote after telling everyone in chat to play PvP instead of Bots. (Also: Yay! I finally have that stupid riptide lore finished.)

1 Like

Yes, thank you, you guys!

1 Like