Gearbox Support or Lack-of

Like many other users I am not receiving weapons on cashing in the VIP points. With nothing happening after 2 days I registered with Gearbox Software Support and found this worse than just waiting. The Support page states “Please select a title below to get answers from the Knowledge Base or submit a request for direct support”. There does not seem to be any way to “submit a request for direct support” and the Knowledge Base only seems to have old answers with nothing (that I can find) on the current VIP problems.
How do I get the weapons I spent my points on?

2 Likes

Just click on the game title you want to get support for. The link is on the following page.

The link is easy to miss, but it’s on the support page for each game, between the name of the game and the white box containing KB articles. Here’s the direct link for the Handsome Collection version:

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=51397

Note that you’ll need your SHIFT support ID from the in-game menu. Instructions on how to get that are included on the form you’ll pull up by clicking on the above link.

Please note that ticket volume is high right now as many others are having the same issue and it’s also a holiday weekend, so a human response might be a bit slow.

There’s a thread for generally collecting info on this problem here:

Closing this now - anyone with the same issue needing to ask questions, please post in the linked thread. Thanks!

1 Like