Gearbox supporting Covid-19 relief with in-game cosmetic mask

Please don’t spread misinformation here.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/

(Referring to a hidden post)

10 Likes

I don’t need or want that in video games

2 Likes

you’re always free to play something else.

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bad Posts (for individual posts not topics)

Bandits wear masks that look similar to this all the time, and it’s an optional cosmetic that you can only get by donating on their merch site.

On top of that, plenty of community members have made borderlands inspired face coverings throughout the pandemic.

It really isn’t a big deal. Don’t donate if you don’t want to see it. I think it looks cool.

6 Likes

I got an email about this before I read about it on Reddit or here. Presumably, they had my email from when I signed up for borderlands.com (or SHIFT).

I like it, and honestly the masks fit in the Borderlands universe anyways. Half the psychos are already wearing them.

I suppose FL4K technically doesn’t need the mask, but maybe they’re being nice and not trying to spread COVID. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve got it on now, it looks really neat.

I wouldn’t mind more of this in the future!

1 Like

So much for no micro transaction. What happened, Randy? Why you lyin’?

Just kidding. It’s good to see people step up for a good cause.

1 Like

I still wish they had some actual cloth masks made that were Borderlands themed for people to wear.

They do .

1 Like

Nice! Was kinda hoping more of a Bandit look mask, and the Vaulthunter V type mask. But maybe I will purchase…

I got that email as well! Lol I’m guessing they just sent it to all Shift registered email addresses.

Bought it but keeping Anubis head on Flak for now

This more your type?

https://www.amazon.com/ZSDAFGHKKK-Halloween-Borderlands-Windproof-Outdoor/dp/B086ZBN8VM/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=borderlands+mask&qid=1592873566&sr=8-9

1 Like

Yeah. They look cool and a good cause to go with it.

Did they ever release those heads that they streamers were using? Like the Spartan looking Amara head?

1 Like

Not yet.

1 Like

Well that sucks. I probably won’t use it, but I have an unhealthy need to collect everything, so this bothers me.

1 Like

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing about your opinion of the virus, but this seems like a pretty big overreaction about a $5 charity cosmetic.

8 Likes