GeForce and and Borderlands 3

I have a brand new system since last Tuesday (and still downloading 5 days later… godamn you huge games and (comparatively) slow ADSL2+ :open_mouth: )

At any rate it has an NVidia video card and GeForce Experience comes with it and it claims it can “optimise my games”

Now… is that a good idea?
Any success or horror stories to share?

It tends to just adjust setting to some random set that are generally not great. You can fine tune it a bit, however I’m yet to see a recommendation that spits out sensible settings. I’m yet to see it cause any issues so you can try it and see what happens without issue.

If you want to optimize settings I’d recommend rather looking online for guides to optimizing each of these games. There are youtube channels that have done great testing on a lot of new games and recommend good settings.

1 Like

Just as I thought…
Me think GeForce experience might be mostly bloatware…
Though it has a button to update video card drivers, that one is cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah pretty much. Although recently I have become a fan of their freestyle settings, being able to apply a sharpening filter in game for barely any performance loss is amazing.

1 Like

I’m a pretty huge fan of Shadowplay personally. As someone who wants to sometimes record gameplay but doesn’t want to invest any into getting software for it or learning anything about it. As for the OP, naw I wouldn’t bother with a 3rd party optimizing my game, I’d rather experiment my own settings for that.

1 Like

i usually pick optimal from geoforce. and see. then raise little by little through the game.

the optimise feature is silly. I have a high end GPU also and GeforceEXP wants to change all my settings to low. If you have performance issues it is always a good starting point though. Can increase from there until you get issues again.

1 Like

Apart from the ‘optimise’ feature. It has some pretty cool features. Screenshots, overlays, customizable colour filters and in some games it auto records highlights. I think you can use it to stream to twitch too (not something I do). I like the features so keep it installed.

For real bloatware see AMD Radeon crimson LOL

1 Like

I’ve never, ever trusted any game to use recommended settings and i probably never will. Nvidia experience is a great tool though. Built in fps counter and high quality screen caps. Almost never use shadowplay but the few times i have, it seemed pretty alright, reminded me of PS4s easy to use recording feature. Handle driver updates with ease too :ok_hand:

1 Like