General Failure persists after 2.0 update

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #21

I am having a similar issue that stigmA was having. Whenever I load a skirmish, it crashes when the screen says FrontEnd. I find this in the log file

Unable to retrieve UI (animated) texture ()
Error, LoadScreen failed to screen of type GameBalanceScreen when loading section GameBalanceScreen from file DATA:\UI\NewUI\Developer\GameBalanceScreen.lua
Error, LoadScreen failed to screen of type DeveloperScreen when loading section DeveloperScreen from file DATA:\UI\NewUI\Developer\DeveloperScreen.lua

(Is this thing on?) #22

If the usual things don’t work (verifying the game files, checking you don’t have any weird launch options set, etc), you can file a support ticket here:

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Although it’s quite possible one of the regulars here may also have some good ideas (they’re a knowledgeable bunch!)

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #23

Thanks. Is there a way to find what is causing the problem?

(Is this thing on?) #24

If you look near the top of the thread, there’s a post that lists a launcher option you can set to get a full error dump which might provide some clues. Just looking at the first message you listed (missing texture) suggests that either a file is missing or a file path is set incorrectly (for example if you moved the game location after downloading/installing it). If this is the Steam version of the game, verifying your game through Steam should catch and fix those types of errors. After that, not really my area of expertise, but some of those who create game mods may well have a better idea. And, of course, the support staff should be able to walk you through some trouble-shooting steps.

(Hero Crafter 1987 (Homeworld Universal Conquest Mod)) #25

This is coming from my modded game.

(Is this thing on?) #26

In that case, I would suggest reposting here:

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/c/homeworld/homeworld-modding

There’s still a core of active posters there who may be able to help you out.