General thread about Immortal Steel Cojones, True Mordecai the Undying, Protector of Jimenez, Sworn Enemy of the Incubus! [In context of THE ENTIRE BORDERLANDS series]

(yellow for cyan) #21

…The skies are painted with unnumbered sparks.
They are all fire and every one doth shine,
But there’s but one in all doth hold his place.
So in the world. 'Tis furnished well with men,
And men are flesh and blood, and apprehensive,
Yet in the number I do know but one
That unassailable holds on his rank…

In my analyses I pay more attention on qualities rather than quantities.

What is this “Borderlands” anyway? Why the game was titled so? What all this has to do with borders? Is there a line to cross?

I often hear something like “BL1 has no story because there’s no constant chatter”. But verbal channel is not the only way of storytelling that the game has to offer. Narrative in games can occur through the architecture of levels, lighting, colors, details of the surroundings, gameplay mechanics, physics engine, animation, sounds, music, voices, screams and whispers, etcetera, combination of all these delicate things; the foregoing may even fulfill the duties of unused senses (smell, taste and touch expressed through visualization and sounds)

I also got from this very cozy way of interpreting the storyline, which will keep stable complete condition of Borderlands setting(making any sudden incompleteness of storyline stylistically acceptable) even if @Duvalmagic will screw continuation of BL story like Gaben did with HL3, because Borderlands games can be considered in context of “multiverse”(films and stuff) with Cedillo’s characters, same as Half-life can be considered as part of Abrams’ Cloverfield universe(es) (especially after “The God Particle”), thanks to ideological and stylistic compatibility (in case with Cedillo’s Mordecai there’s more Magical Realism sort of things, rather than literal Quantum fiction)

This game’s world can be the “Border Lands” in multiple simultaneous meanings.

I’ve perceived Borderlands as straight sequel to The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (and other compatible films) as some sort of Purgatory like in Dante’s Divine Comedy.
(Lol, reminds old beardy anecdotes about Doomguy who is looking for Exit)
And it fits perfectly with the sci-fi component of the game’s setting, representing something like a fragment of model of fractal dimensions.

(I couldn’t miss The Three Burials and Electric Mist because Agent K from MIB is one of my favorite superheroes since i was 5)

Of course, it would be difficult to recognize Mordecai’s voice only by The Three Burials, because Melquiades was speaking only Spanish with specific local accent and wasn’t aggressive.
But six years before I played BL1 my very first time, I’ve watched the film whose whole story could be described as “One does not simply forget Mordecai’s voice” (or “If Splinter Cell wasn’t boring”)… In this film was also stoned Roland(Oliver Tull) with a crossbow!
It was on DVD titled Единственный свидетель, though the original title is Killing Down.
The moment when Perez (or PereS?) shoots the water was imprinted in my memory as a trigger picture of one of the best summer days…
I remember how and where this DVD was purchased, though I can’t say that I remember the vendor’s face for sure because most likely this piece of memory was replaced with face of some random guy from more new times. We were coming back from the lake, my hair was wet and it was terribly cold (although the weather was hot), because I spent more than an hour snorkeling in the water, temperature of which is usually not higher than 16 degrees Celsius even in hot summer… I remember when the elders were watching this movie I was playing on the carpet with the cat who then was only three months old; it was afternoon because the sunlight was falling from the south-west side through the curtain, drawing rectangles of warm lacy patterns on the floor; “the villain” was so charismatic that we were shouting out that Ruben should kill “the nurse”… it was so exciting, as if we were watching not a film, but live theatrical performance. His last words were epic! “I just wanted to finish the restaurant for my mother”… damn, it was so awesome… after that I’ve read all the Shakespeare we had in the house… I also remember the giant жужелицу красавицу (beautiful ground beetle) that I’ve caught in the garden that day and put in empty sugar bowl with a broken handle, of course, she seemed giant because my hands were much smaller than now; I released her in the flower bed with large crimson peonies in the evening when I was sure that stupid boys could not fry her under the magnifying glass…

And yeah, I was totally aware to evaluate Mordecai’s catchphrase “I NEVER DIE” :bllol:

ammonite

Can anyone imagine my excitement when I received playable Mad Melquiades with friends by his side, and he had to come to some abstract place at the edge of the time and space, and then there was told that this place may not even exist, and yeah, along the way they have also met a lonely blind man who did not want to leave his home in the outskirts…

…And this time it was happening in the Border Lands of so many things, which is closer to the setting of Unreal (including Bulletstorm), but also canon to id Software mythology by technologies and connections with the ancient “Martians-Eridians”, and also the answer on “what if futuristic GTA in space”, and probably there can be also found some books from Myst …

Yea, and apparently at the end of this journey there supposed to be an exit to Heaven!

Well, judging by previously studied things that do not contradict to what was seen on Pandora.
People have met before with the mysterious Guardians; and with Aliens, Demons and Old Gods they hang out quite often, not to mention distant travels through space and time.
And all this naturally reflects on their culture and folklore, including sci-fi video games. For centuries of mankind’s experience have been worked out special techniques, conventional symbols that the creators use to show what kind of sh~ I mean energy in question.
And every type of energy always has an opposing one (kinda for balance).
For example (for ease visibility), on Mars were skirmishes between Ancient Ones(similar to Eridians) and Demons from Hell, which can be easily considered as canon for BL, because there were also humans with similar technologies to those we can see updated in BL (for example Fast Travel technology)…

Emanations of chaotic dimensions are difficult to overlook, they look ridiculously out of place and mutilate the environment beyond recognition, showing naughty behavior in every possible way, violating the laws of physics and ■■■■■■ common sense, and in general it can be characterized simply as freaking devilry.

ash

The energy that leaks through dimensions can be manifested in form accessible for perception of human beings. Henceforth, I will call this “Plants.”

The “Plants” of classic Hell can look like dips filled with blood, acid or burning liquid manure similar to lava, can resemble a medieval inventory for tortures, fragments of random skeletons of all colors and sizes, shapeless flesh, forever crawling stitched intestines, and other mucks that naughties “plant” in attempts to freak living beings out.

Doom3

By the way, in BL1 was a place similar to something like that, although most likely it was just stones in liver of another Ancient Leviathan.

But with “Cyan Energy” everything is much more complicated, it is inside of every living being, though many ones simply do not notice it, do not pay attention, or take it for granted, or do not even take it seriously.

(The first thought that come to my mind when i saw this warp tunnel was “oh, someone managed to grease this sh~ with protective “pipe”… hope it won’t leak”)

This energy is secretive, harmoniously merges with the environment, and it is impossible to measure it with any devices; scientists still have not been able to learn anything reasonable about it, except that its weight in a living human is about 21 grams (bullshit, coz True Mordecai sounds much heavier!)

This energy disguises itself as narrative manner of magical realism,
to not to fall into rude greedy claws of ignorant a-holes.

But living beings can FEEL IT and even turn it into shining beams of light…

I take into account that hypothetical reader has already started to think “why this crazy lady dared to talk about such bizarre things when she herself asked not to deviate from the topic about actors?!”

Well, the point is that i consider actors as “energy generators” for characters.
In this case it does not matter which exact words they deliver, but those expressions that they give to delivered words.
These things are unique like patterns of fingerprints. And this energies also has a feature to reveal itself in the form of “Plants” (as I’ve already mentioned, even the most grotesque cartoonish characters usually receive visual similarity to their actors)

In BL2 we can see ideological continuation of story of the same Mordecai who didn’t managed to find Exit to Heaven. Broken down and give up, he’s chained forever to a world that’s departed.

By the way, in BL2 story the natural sorts of energy is almost completely absent, there was mostly Decay (purple shit) and the most horrible type of energy, as I called it, “Blue Hell”:

“Blue Hell” by technical parameters is like classic “red” Hell, only fully artificially synthesized. Cold. Empty. Sterile. Not able to generate any “plants”, causing nothing but “uncanny valley”, and absolutely not suitable for beings with Souls. (Perhaps that’s why Helena, Blood, Roland and Scooter were unable to respawn)

The writers’ work was good.
But here is the discussion about work of actors, and I still don’t have the slightest clue why people liked Mordy-guy from BL2 (except it is the only version they saw) Nobody gives even a single argument (though I’m wondering!).
I remember Mordecai’s jokes from Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep was quite fun. But the written stuff is the merit of writers, and visualization is the merit of the artists, animators and of the original actor as model, of course.

In case with Mor-decoy of BL2 it seemed to me that the voice over was like auxiliary thing, meant for moments when it was not comfy to read the subtitles while aiming to shoot people in a face (or Loaders in limbs).

To try to understand what could be so special and unique that people might like in newb actor, I decided to look for his other works. And as I learned from the internet, his most recognizable brand role is voice of some Yato, drunken androgynous girl in a sportswear who claims she’s a guy, from anime ノラガミ. But even in this case all I can say about LIEberch’s voice over is “Yikes! The character’s Japanese VO sounds much better and appropriate than this gringo dub that causes so much vergüenza ajena!”

In common I’ve seen some horror. Now I have an allergy on anime.
(need a dose of brutally-charming Truxican cartel bosses to heal from this psychological trauma!)

So. I made a conclusion that ones who claim that BL2 Mor-decoy is “better” are followers of Uncannyvalley Jack who were gloating that Mordecai was weakened and unable to dispel the fascist’s lies with his magical laughter… damn, of course, he was unable to do it without Voice, let alone he couldn’t even breathe! Mordecai didn’t laugh or even give a little smirk during whole BL2… I bet he just saved this for more worthy usage in BL3.

And here they are again trying to draw the attention on “the Hero”.

Well, it’s already closer to the discussion. Drop wears out stone, huh.
Okay. Thank you.
As I said, his sterile impersonal character did not invoke in me any interest, so i wasn’t looking for his unused lines and don’t remember any “pretzels” or whatever memes kids are quoting these days, though i remember one line of this thing(whose real name wasn’t even Jack) said in context of Mordecai, and there was something like “If you want to destroy someone, you don’t need to kill him, you gotta kill what he loves.”

And i immediately saw the handling to me as a player and an allusion to the lack of Mordecai’s VO, and confirmation that Mordecai who I miss was REAL. This feeling of loss was tearing me apart for real. Though, this line also explained that the faceless thing learned nothing about love and what it capable of.
(Love can even glue fragments of destroyed planets!)
And those who can’t love are dead by default and therefore there was no interest in “killing” this faceless thing that was meant only to get returned to the Void where it belongs.
(By the way a while ago I’ve made the thread that is very appropriate to discuss things like “Handsome Jack”)

Perhaps the very presence of True Mordecai may contradict to happening Evil in BL2, because presence of such powerful Soul Core would simply annihilate this faceless пидорас.

(I remember that right after I wrote this in the thread about BL movie, I’ve watched an episode of second season of series about adventures of Truxican ladies in GTA with awesome “fanservice” precisely on this theme.)

Undoubtedly, it is the soundtrack!
Raison Varner did amazing job, Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan wrote so many exciting motives emphasizing the plot moments, and in tracks by Jesper Kyd were even more scale and freedom! Mysterious ethnic motives changed to anxious clank of metal strings and dubstep, showing insatiable deadly influence of the “Blue Hell”.
All the tracks were literally crammed with ASMR triggers that were reassuring me along the way, and helped to survive tis horror stories, like sayin’
Hold on, be strong
The game don’t stop
Cause when it’s on it’s on
%D0%9F%D0%A9%D0%A9%D0%A9%D0%A9%D0%A9

I especially liked the soundtrack of The Pre-Sequel. It’s really amazing. Still listen to it sometimes. I would even say that i really liked The Pre-Sequel… and I would even like to play this game once again(and even look what’s in the add-ons(except one about Claptrap))…

…if there were no commentaries from this stupid Mor-decoy!! Yeah, as my boyfriend reminded me, I started to HATE this disgracefully wrong guy for real after TPS(actually after the last Headhunter Pack where this a-hole wasted all the best moments), because in BL2 it was quite neutral(so-so as crappy dub), but in these parts he started to talk absolutely wrong, showing that he does not understand this character at all! This is unacceptable!

I think that I can stop hating this “anime girl” only after i see THE MOST DELIGHTFUL SCENE… yeah, i think that would be pretty cool!
I really wish to stop hating this random guy.

(By the way about the soundtrack, playing BL1 I felt presence of “exotic flavors” like in early Tim Larkin’s themes… and yeeeah, on music disc were also two purely his bonus tracks! And he certainly had something to do with magnificent music from my favorite Test folder(BL1 files)! I FEEL IT! That’s what I call FASCINATING ARCHAEOLOGY! Need more Uru-style stuff in BL3!)

About render with the dynamite:

Apparently, this render was made not long before release, because Mordecai’s new model was finished not long before release judging by the fact that in some release trailers of BL2 he still appears with model from BL1.
I take into account that this inconsistency can be an accident caused by the workflow. Nevertheless i think that initially it was made according to dramatic principle of Chekhov’s gun "If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it’s not going to be fired, it shouldn’t be hanging there."
Taking into account that in this case gunfire is something usual and random, inventory on this picture still can be considered as special plot items rather than something technical just for opening of the gate or something like that (like Shephard’s red pipe wrench is more like a symbol rather than a weapon of usual Marine.)
Dynamite is unusual tool for Mordecai. We do remember well how an explosive does go off on this map. It would be very dramatic if the explosives that Mordecai himself has hold in his hands were used to kill Bloodwing.
But possible combinations with such outcome would be allowable only in story with Original True Mordecai. Otherwise it would be inexcusable.

And I’d like to mention, it would be not correct to consider BL1 and Bl2 (with all addons) as separate games since these are two sides of the same coin.
Apparently there was initially one big script (without obscurantism and faceless red herring), which later was cut into smaller pieces.
I think that “Disgusting Era of Ignorance” (BL2) has important symbolic sense in the context of the entire Borderlands setting, same way like, for example, disgusting film Mad Max(1979) was important for the world of the legend about Mad Max, which become really fun in the next stories.

There’s always a lighthouse the Vaults. There’s always a man Mordecai.

In unused audio of Borderlands everyone appeal to him like to the main Protagonist, calling by the name or referring to his always eccentric appearance.
He is the one who was involved in all this from the beginning and shows up in each version of Borderlands with each graphic stile…

mabe Mordecai is undercover Survey Agent?

Gearbox Community Badass: Klopotinsha
(Is this thing on?) #22

Wow, long post! Just one question: where is that “survey” image from?

(yellow for cyan) #23

Such a callously short reply after this longpost, apparently, shows that the conclusion in longpost was correct.
CHECKMATE AMETHYSTS!1
The answer on question: obviously it becomes obvious from the context in the longpost.

Oh, by the way, if in BL3 will be Mordecai there should be an allusion to the scene from the first picture!
Quite enough if he just folds his hands like this… and says “So big, so angry…”, while Talon swoops down and stabs his beak into the skull of the character who would be a parody on Benicio’s character, and, “… So dead!”

BWAHAHAHAH keeeek! That’s gonna be awesome!!

On the one hand, the young bird romps with the brains of the dead man, whose picturesque trickle of blood flows down the table making a mess on textures of natural wood and limestone with Eridian patterns, and on the other, Mordecai is so pleased with himself and continues enjoying the wine and view of the deep blue sea, at the arid bottom of which he could roam and ride just a couple of cycles ago … It could be an idyll, if not these irritating missions requiring attention of experienced Vault Hunter…

And there should be the music in style of my favorite “Test” BL1 folder!

And meanwhile I found the web series where we can see actors of both Mordecais in action!

I mean Badass Actor of One and Only True Mordecai Neverdying Protector of Jimenez in Action!
And… uh… uggghh… this creepy Uncanny Guy who voiced Mor-decoy in BL2… as a piece of furniture.
(I think the creators of this series are aware of horror that happened in Borderlands, it can hardly be a coincidence since the whole role of the Secondary was like weird redeeming humor and the channel was originally specialized on gaming humor.)

It is Day 5, post-apocalyptic drama released on Rooster Teeth in 2016.
The setting is very specific: the transformation of the world from apocalyptic into post-apocalyptic state occurred not in years or weeks, but just in few hours when turned out that every living being dies in sleep due mysterious sci-fi reason.
So those who survive have to constantly suffer from insomnia with all the ensuing consequences.
For synchronization with the characters I recommend to watch this … you know, when you do not sleep already more than twenty-four hours, before some important deadline and you face a choice: to fall asleep on miserable hour and a half to reboot your brains and eventually oversleep your important event and ■■■■ up everything, or just watch this wonderful show with another dose of coffee!

Although, such hardcore is not for everyone: my co-op partner very painfully endures a lack of sleep and the very theme is very annoying for him, so I’ve shown him only a festive episode with “our favorite Mordecai”, and few moments from two episodes with stupid “mor-decoy”.

[SPOILER ALERT]

In the third episode titled “Night Terrors” The Boy, The Junkie and The Radiologist get into magical oasis in style of Día de los Muertos where they meet “the walking Celebration” named Father Julio, adorable priest with the revolver and leader of Truxican tribe with a record number of underage survivors, la bruja who makes awakening potion and other rare wonders…

Together they must chase the terrifying monster (former office plankton obsessed with doggies and senseless violence) and recall some classic horror movies.

Noteworthy that Father Julio demonstrates exemplary behavior of Perfect Mordecai for BL3 (only a bit sleep-deprived because of setting).

By the way, remember in my concepts for Bl3, I place emphasis on that Mordecai should be performed in lighter colors?
That’s because it is so fun to smudge white things in visual effects! Yay! Awww Otter Eyes is socute
SO CUTE

After the terrifying “Incubus” was defeated; turned out that Father Julio was aware about current objective in story quest of the main characters, but refuses to go on a trip with them, because if it was RPG they didn’t know how to unlock him or their Karma wasn’t good enough.

The protagonists will remember this friendly tribe as the first place where they will come back when the nightmare is over.

In the hardest moments of the adventure it is always good to recall that somewhere out there Father Julio protects the Children…

And In the next episode another protagonist The Pilot finds a group of companions with THE MOST STUPID AND USELESS character of the whole series! And as you may guess this character was performed by actor who voiced Mor-decoy in BL2. Honestly i wouldn’t recognize him if i wouldn’t check his roles in context of previous longpost. While the other characters participate in drama and thrilling adventure, this one seems nothing special, except tragicomic Easter egg after the episode with the actor of True Mordecai.

This faint character whose name i can’t remember (though it was pronounced few times) was introduced by a sleepy woman as her husband, although this woman clearly didn’t want to be with him (in the next episode she kept only next to other male characters and didn’t even appeared in frames with him even when they were in the same room)
This character was armed with the pistol, apparently symbolizing the lack of testicles judging by how he was posing with it.
And he was doing very unpleasant face like his beard is smeared with crap, but he’s too stupid to realize where the stench comes from (probably it was by the script).
The Crappy guy was just posing with the pistol and said few short stupid inexpressive phrases in style of Maya from BL2… and then was punched by a girl and grabbed as human shield.
By the way… uuuugh… he looks like… uncanny Robert Rodriguez doll!! EEEEWWWW

And the most eerie thing is that his facial expressions did not change at all, IT was with this weird grumpy face constantly…

In the episode where the characters of web series decided to shut down the TV station, Creepy Decoy doesn’t communicate with them at all, instead he was shown briefly few times(like on the screenshot)… and then was WASTED with Manhunt style violence by the good old newsman after odd and disgusting attempt to attack this hardworking old man from the back after his monologue about importance of hearing the voice and protecting the light in the beacons…
and yeah, and of course the woman who called IT her “husband” (but stayed closer to other male characters) goes mental, but like she’s just pissed at Decoy guy because DAMN STUPID DECOY, HOW he managed to get WASTED so STUPIDLY!? WTF??
…this woman also makes a pile of unpleasant crap before decides to take a nap… kinda to prove that they were a couple.

It is always good to recall that somewhere out there the F* Decoy rots in a puddle of his own blood and piss mixed with the ashes and butts of good old newsman’s cigarettes, and with a pen stuck in the neck and in addition strangled with a wire of a computer mouse nearby a splattered wall…

… the only thing I can’t understand, does Liebretch realize WHAT he was playing, or he’s a creepy NPC with buggy AI for real?
Anyway I think I already hate him a bit less… or more? Nah, it’s just disgust.
He simply needs to be used for his intended purpose!

This guy really inspired me to kill pinche puto de mierda Reaver in BL1 few more times!
Disgusting person this Reaver!

I hope these clear examples will help to understand that True Mordecai and Mor-decoy cannot be even compared, because these two entities are completely unlike, and even diametrically opposed.
Baneful%20influence

Same as their actors are completely different people with completely different styles and quality of work; for example, if to swap their roles in Day 5, it would generate two more different characters, requiring different script writing for the whole season:
if actor of Mor-decoy would play a part of the priest, it would be uugh… kinda like the antagonist of new Far Cry 5 about rednecks with fewer “Jared Leto from Blade Runner 2049 sort of creepiness” and with much more his firm Decaying Decoy sort of creepiness… and, of course, in this location would be no survived kids, and there would be much more Incubuses, but they will be less survivable and dangerous. And the protagonists won’t receive the van and the revolver as a gift from good priest, but they will have to shoot the bad priest in a face with the revolver after they realize what he did to the kids, and just take the van to escape…
While Julio as someone’s husband would be like real husband, acting lifelike, dramatic, healthy, interesting and attractive, adding superb speeches, movements and brilliant sense of humor, and his wife wouldn’t be stupid bitch, and it is not kosher to show the victims of deadly sleep in episodes with Julio (note, this creepy unaesthetic unnatural shit wasn’t shown in episode with him!), and instead of weird attempt of “stealth attack” on the good old newsman he would just raise panic like True Mordecai, which helps to avoid series of sad and bad outcomes and to figure things out peacefully, and the characters will receive much more time, hope and opportunities to find the right way, and even if this hypothetical character “dies”, he makes it aesthetic and with deep philosophical sense, and whole his appearance would be remembered as a parable…

In Borderlands presence of Julio’s Archetype must have also affected on emergence of honest merchant with cool stories and “third world country” accent.

I remember on exhibitions with early version of Borderlands(~2007-2008) DuvalMagic while introducing Mordecai, accidentally called him Marcus; likely because GBX have decided which one will run on missions and which one will trade and tell stories not long ago and still were confusing the names. By the way, Marcus of those times was very different from our favorite release “cozy version of Sidorovich for healthy people”.

20180308212327_1

By the way, this cheeky grin head icon that we can see on every corner in released games has very familiar portrait resemblance… and after that they want me to believe that Borderlands Mascot is some annoying single-wheeled robot, huh?

If Julio would play Marcus’ part it would be very much like classic literature version of Melquiades who “dies in dunes of Singapore”.

And release version of Mordecai is also very much like this very Melquiades, only the part where he travels a lot and suffers from all possible diseases…

Mad%20Melquiades

Borderlands Movie Actor/Plot Wishlist
(Is this thing on?) #24

I like being to the point!

Not really, no. I mean, it’s obviously obvious to you, but equally obviously it’s not obvious to me. It just appears to be a random image dropped into a long post and I have no idea what the source is - I’ve never seen it before. Is “Survey Agent” another game? I don’t remember it from playing BL1 anyway.

(yellow for cyan) #25

implied%20facepalm

Seems more like you like being off-topic.

If you will READ the longpost (post#21) it becomes obvious from this very longpost, after the part about unused Tim Larkin’s music in BL1 and obviously after the part where was mentioned other unused audio related to Mordecai and after menu background with MORDECAI of the early version(by the way, my favorite outfit).

“survey agent” was just an allusion to another canonical game(released by 2K) where Mordecai’s early Before-Truxican Archetype was developed pretty cool on another mechanically similar Hunter, but it was just a witty remark alluding to Mordecai’s possible occupation.

If to read the next longpost (post#23) it becomes obvious once again because i mentioned the source once again.

If you prove that you’re not CL4P-TP unit, saying something interesting On-topic, or, at least, giving a single argument about this “different point of view”, rather than trying to make this about pointing fingers to volume of posts of one who has something to say about the topic, I can mention the file directory where i got it, as another witty remark to the discussion On-topic.

(Is this thing on?) #27

Right, I gathered that. But WHICH canonical game? You seem to be unwittingly assuming that I got into BL1 at the same time you did, and played the same other games as you did. Clearly, from my responses, that’s not true. I was simply asking for a little clarification.

And I did actually read both really long posts - my responses are simply me metaphorically scratching my head after having done so.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #28

holy crrrrap! that is an understatement. :joy:

Edit: I made it to the end! holy moly. I couldn’t read all of the posts. way too much txt, my eyes were blurring. lol

this seems way too deep for me. Love yall, but I’m backing away from this. :innocent:

@Ronnie_Rayburn I loved your posts dude! per usual.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #29

On-topic, please, folks. If you don’t like a thread, just leave it alone rather than bump it, please.

(yellow for cyan) #30

By the way, I actually have the longpost about this game in context of Borderlands and about another retired survey agent in context of Mordecai on this forum.

Though, this question has nothing to do with “archaeological finds” from Borderlands game files,

or “Mordecai VS. Reaver and stinking Decoy”

and the main theme “Immortal Steel Cojones, True Mordecai Neverdying, Protector of Jimenez, Sworn Enemy of the Incubus!” (Yaaaaay!! Thanks to Father Julio I finally got the final ingredient for this multiple allusion!)

:bllol::blhappy::blembarrass::blconfused:

I actually thought that this thread will be more like when The Hunters of classic Evolve aka Legacy are telling to the players of Stage 2 that once upon a time on Shear was real hunt and there was amazing ambience and much more revealed sci-fi lore, and there was smart wildlife with lots of animation, and there was swimable water where lived giant Tyrants, under the bushes that are high and inside the caverns that are deep, where the Hunters and the Monsters could play hide and seek…

I mean I think that this thread can be really fun if to remember the quests and storylines with Mordecai in BL2, and imagine them wider and deeper for algorithms with original actor.

(yellow for cyan) #31

I don’t mind to keep on this theme solo because MOAR FOR ME! MWAHAHA!

I actually write all this not for those who click tiny pink icons of inverted buttocks on the shortest posts (certainly buttocks, coz real hearts looks more like persimmons of flesh), but for those who can actually do something. And they manage with reading alright. Well, I have the suspicion that they do so

Though, maybe GBX and TTG wasn’t reading, but only looked at the pictures. It’s their business, since they did everything alright (though i think that The Ruins should seem higher above the landscape, as a symbolic obelisk with the opposite meaning of what it was in BL2 [note 4 BL3]).
I really liked how they explained the piece with “Eridian ribs and remains of someone big in front of former Eye Of Helios” (i honestly has dropped those tiny details randomly, just for composition)

(By the way, activation of Haters in those times was actually pretty amusing, but I still do not understand why Haters consider Tales and Preseq out of canon while there was so much Incubus-fan-service purely for them… they also claim that Demon Clarke failed his job, because by the script he was performing absolutely soulless disgusting uncanny rubber-face nothingness, but they didn’t believe even in this no matter how hard he tried.)

My “problem” is i can’t play games without considering the processes of their creation, because it’s like a game too, but much more interesting and hardcore.
And it also generates such paradoxes as tiny pieces from Test folder of BL seems to me more playable than whole BL2, which did not encourage me to collect loot or aim better or give ritual meaning to weird actions and imagine situations cinematographically, which was damn important in BL1 because it was important for playable Protagonist, unlike to these plastic toys.

However, I still see lots of triggers that can make BL2 playable for me, especially from side of the “Main Subject”

For example, continuing the idea from BL2 quest where [put Mordecai here] asks to free the animals in sadistic preserve and punish Hyperions, I have come up with The Legend of the Elder Mountain, the Wild Beasts and Hobo Spirit, where the animals weren’t just killing all the naughties, and everything was much more complicated and simple at the same time… (a brief retelling with illustrations can be found in BL:WotH thread)
I’m thinking of adapting this story in book format as the poem with more illustrations (after my main BL novel), describing stealth action/shooter/quest/real time strategy gameplay seriatim, which occurs right after “Athena Out” in “present time” events of TPS and explains how simultaneously with crushing of Helios were also wiped out all Hyperion structures from the face of Pandora.

By the way, for this story I’ve made an illustration, which, unlike to other my illustrations, I do not imagine with Mordecai’s normal voice, but only with some kind of terrible roar mixed with the beast that is hard to imagine…

I better turn on the music until he’s deafening

By the way, last time we were humiliating Reaver at the Gully25 I noticed that during melee attacks Mordecai uses his early samples from Test folder. While he has over ten different purely Julio’s samples for melee attack in his main upk with VO.
Same stuff with Roland, he also has plenty of interesting Oliver Tull’s “Hooyegh!” sounds in his package, but the game uses 3 samples of Prototype guy named 01.
It’s on Steam version.

Most likely it’s a shortcoming like when HL:Op4Ce appeared on Steam it was playing VALVe’s HL1 music instead of Gearbox’s original soundtrack, and we had to fix this with bare hands… until it was officially completely fixed ~ to 2011.

I remember when we were playing BL on Gamespy version the characters were saying much more cool stuff using abilities, exact in moment of using, separate from moment of performance.
Mordecai was yelling “RELEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!” or “SEEK 'EM BOYYYYYYYYY!!” notifying other players that they can go smoke.

Though, with shortening of ability cooldowns, the character starts to yell pretty often which might make him seem like an idiot sometimes… it’s alright actually, I don’t mind constant yelling of such brilliant Idiot Genius!

Gotta figure out how to unlock more of my favorite VO in BL…
Or maybe Gearbox, would you kindly do this for me?!
Because when “BLOOD WINGS IN THE AAAAAAAAAAAIR!!” it’s really awesome.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #32

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #33

This thread will be reopened on resolution of concerns.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #34

Carry on.

(yellow for cyan) #36

At the age of 17, Mordecai won an interplanetary sharpshooting competition with a revolver. The other competitors, all of whom were using sniper rifles, accused him of cheating and eventually got him banned from the competition for “unsportsmanlike conduct,” although many witnesses noted that he did not display any unsportsmanlike behavior until after the accusations began… (Borderlands Official Strategy Guide: page 25)

Gladly Mordecai has good friends who helped him to get through this insulting situation!
(And who even offered to take off boots from the offenders and let them run tied to vehicle through the wasteland until they find Jimenez.)

Mordecai, who, of course, had not received a public apology from representatives of stinking corporations and accomplices of the infamous conspiracy despite breaking the nose of the most malevolent and sneakiest one, was extremely surprised.

But by the traditions of Skaarj and Yautja, Mordecai can be deservedly considered the most honorable. Radiant glowing of pure intentions from his persimmon-shaped organ smells fresh and not corrupt. Predators throughout the universe regard with great respect to glorious legends about trophies on his wall. He was even honored to wear a similar traditional haircut when has grown up.

I’m wondering to whom those samples from the test folder belong.

Theoretically, the sounds similar to melee attacks of “_2” from prototype battle dialogue package can be “extracted” from Julio.
But these samples were apparently cut too short or simply wasn’t made by him, because these samples lack (maybe audio engineers have some special term for this feature) these specific unique shades of exhalation at the endings of sounds, which cause direct associations with the actor’s appearance and expressions, or if the listener does not have concept of Julio’s visual appearance in head, then which draw a grotesque vision of big cunning smiley cat-like entity canonical to primary traits of True Mordecai:
Mat_Mordecai_Bio
Mordecai’s parts in Prototype not-battle dialogues don’t sound like that because… apparently at that time ginger has not received soul yet. (But the concepts those pieces have indicated seem very pleasant, these ideas can be awesomely renewed in next BL games on well-developed Mordecai with Soul!)

Trying to identify stray melee attack sounds from BL1 i remembered very interesting sample of “Plants”.

For some reason I decided to compare those prototype audio with the sounds from videogame The Terminator: Dawn of Fate (2002) ; canonical prequel to True Terminator Film Dilogy(proper version of the second film has ending in well-set future and dream with unicorn Kyle Reese! and should be broadcast on Mother’s Day together with Cameron’s Aliens film); the game tells about old-school adventures and badass combat actions that lead up to Kyle Reese being sent through the Time Displacement Equipment, to make John Connor.

I actually managed to forgot why I took this game off the shelf and started repairing my boyfriend’s old PS2 (you know, this common problem with wearout of the disk drive laser) to play this game… because, damn, such a cool game! Gameplay resembles Red Dead Revolver and Freedom Fighters, only a story in The Terminator setting… and then i figured that i did this in context of my favorite Mordecai from Borderlands!

I’d like to mention that one of the playable protagonists in The Terminator: Dawn of Fate looks like a hybrid of classic Kyle Reese and Julio Cedillo(who voiced this character in this game), which makes this playable protagonist kinda “True MordeKyle Reese”, another case study of “germination” caused by dominant positive biofield of this magical Soul Core.

One of the things i love in sculpture is that even if it’s fully static it can display lots of different things from different angles or under different lighting. Design of Reese’s model in this game was combined so versatile that it looks like canonical Reese and young Cedillo at the same time.
Although maybe it is obvious only to me again, because i studied the subject as you may have noticed (I can even tell a cool story how one of works of this actor helped me to pass very difficult human anatomy exam at the Academy), so i want others to take a closer look to test its obviousness.

I think it’s pretty visible, that this version of famous character has different facial contrast, dark brown hair, more developed cheekbones, beefyer proportions and Latin ethnicity.
This MordeKyle also shows pretty different behavior, unlike SimpleKyle, he’s calm and steady, and in common can be described with traits from Mordecai’s bio sheet (from this post above), and he seems more focused on the emotions caused by Polaroid Artifact, rather than on fear of being exterminated like a crispy cockroach (i sometimes even wondered why John Connor doesn’t call him Daddy). His voice sounds very cozy and sometimes causes associations with a smile of purring cat. This is really good for a videogame protagonist, because the player needs to spend some time in fighting holes beside him and not get tired, which would be hard in this genre with jumpy version from films.

In Dawn of Fate also appears one authentic character (this very Perry who was mentioned in the first film) who’s Archetype can be described as “Serious version of Brick” and his VO was performed by Marcus M. Mauldin who voiced Brick in Borderlands series, by the way. (He’s also playable in few missions)
perry

Not only clothes were ripped off from MordeKyle. Travel through time-space was accompanied by a noticeable loss of living tissues and melanin amount.
(of course, Julio couldn’t play Kyle in The Terminator film because in 1984 he was only ~14 years old. Time is such a funny thing…)

Maybe MordeKyle’s biofield was too expanded and stupid device managed to teleport in the film only a small part of it, and the rest stayed in “border” condition. (Maybe something similar happened to Mordecai from Borderlands during travel through another Vault into cel-shading style world)

So Kyle has turned into slim anxious blondie person who looks like Michael Biehn.

Still sorta cute.

Poor Kyle.

I think if to shove Ulysses in similar Shaitan Machine he would also come out as something else (Ulysses is the character from Fallout, whose role is pretty similar to Mordecai’s in BL), because of his complex unique structure: inside he’s a little boy, but covered under the layer with non-removable mask of the head of an adult man whose unique brutal beauty could not be shown otherwise because of the limitations of the game engine, and in addition he wears respirator mask on the top, for the same reason why the half of Mordecai’s face is hidden under the goggles; because these faces require very high quality animation, and it was much more reasonable in those cases to express everything with only superhighqualitative VO and leave the rest to players’ imagination…
Ulysses

The anecdote about Borderlands:

The audience wasn’t paying attention on “The Pledge”, started clapping on “The Turn”, and didn’t get why “The Prestige” is needed…

As we have already found out (wordlessly agreeing with the conclusion in post #21) lack of True Mordecai in BL2 was deliberate spiteful meanness in style of BL2.

I think in the “The Prestige” Stage should be some crazy “parody on sci-fi” in best traditions of True Gearbox explanation of the “horrible disease” that almost killed Mordecai.

Obviously, for the same reason Eridian Guardians couldn’t appear during whole BL2, Mordecai’s gentle living nature could not exist in evilness caused by disgusting hypocritical influence of the “blue hell”, and all Mordecai’s essence got stuck in INFINITE HARMONIC REFLUX, leaving on “the surface” only a designation of his approximate location.
For the while being, he probably already got acquainted with versions of himself from other worlds and knows why exactly it is so important so True Vault Hunters were protecting the Vaults from being opened by these “Wannabe VaultHunters”, dangerous ravages and suicidal psychopaths, pendejos who think that the Vaults are just lootboxes with weapons…

So no matter what, we have to save him!

Maybe we should feed what’s left of his body with some magical buttock-shaped herbs (like in Wakanda) and bury him in some special place so he could wake up with returned powers.

Thing has a life of its own… It’s simply a matter of waking up his soul!

No, not the little cheap one!
Daddy, I want the big one!

[Klopotinsha takes a break for ritual booty dances]

I’ll be back.

Borderlands 3: Time for a nice, relaxing ride [gameplay concept painting by Klopotinsha]
(yellow for cyan) #37

Hmm… Actually i was the one who was joking on him (trying to reduce pain caused by each of his lines in this episode). Like “Ahaha lol, look at Mordecai, he’s completely disconnected. boo hoo can poke him with a stick… he can’t react, coz he’s in stasis… or coma… [sobs] comatose state caused by chemical poisoning… or simply alcoholism…”

Thanks Tina for allude to my favorite show about Lords and Ladies, after which Legion can be described as “the universe where Lord Crawley go nuts”.

Julio Cedillo was performing Mordecai’s personality, made him a living human being.

And the second actor has nothing to do with it; LIEbretch voiced only Mordecai’s Alcoholism, I mean simply Alcoholism as separate “phenomenon”, showing destructive effect on personality, which turns the subject into an empty shell.
And how’s it going with “Plants”?
Without energy of Soul Core they wither and fade.
Biological alcoholics usually receive unhealthy rotten-potato-like shapes, while digital Alcoholic got sharp edges and started resembling the model made by cosplayers of cheap cardboard painted with felt-tip pens (particularly nose and lips, very bad signs.). This disease also makes a sight dull and expressionless, but Decoy apparently has no eyes under goggles at all.
Worth noting that Decoy’s face is absolutely symmetrical, which indicates the absence of work of cerebral hemispheres and absolutely uncharacteristic for living beings with Soul.

I paid attention on what, instead of what real bereaved Mordecai could say or more likely show through superb animation, the Decoy said “You need to accept it: Roland is dead”; especially in which moment and how exactly he said it (inappropriate and as complete douchebag).
I note the level of disgust caused by Decoy at this moment as “twenty times higher than quest where one of a-holes takes off blonde wig from cute Loader’s girlfriend”.

But it also shows how strongly the work and contribution of True Mordecai’s Actor is appreciated. No matter why he couldn’t participate in the sequel, Gearbox haven’t even tried to replace him, finding another qualitative actor with the same level of badassitude (which is certainly impossible at least in the next two-hundred years)
Instead, they made deliberately wrong disgusting Decoy, hiring for it something from anime, and turned absence of True Mordecai into one of “near miss” jokes of BL2. (damn perverts.)

Of course, BL3 cannot operate with identical to BL2 sort of humor, repeating the same jokes, so second usage of Decoy would be stylistically inacceptable.

(Wow, Mordecai is such an epic character, that he even had a separate actor casted on role of his Alcoholism!)

Another important calculation:

This improved Hunter tactics can be very usable in the gameplay, such as for removing aggro from NPCs and arranging ambushes in PVP or even just 4 lulz and enjoying the game engine.

Though throwing ragdolls in UT3 on UE3 was really fun; Mordecai should do this more conscious: with mo-cap from One and Only, combined with Euphoria (simulator of biomechanics) on UE4.

I think True Mordecai’s ability to Feign Death would be an unforgettable gaming experience!
Especially because of his original VO.

(yellow for cyan) #38

By the way, if someone wondered “what if XCOM on Borderlands in times of Red Dead”,
Jon Favreau directed one super awesome film about it…

Chryssalid

VS.

Extended Director’s Cut version of Cowboys & Aliens has much more scenes with our favorite “MORDECAI”!
(Daym, I want a spin-off about adventures of Bronc and Hunt!)

And the moral of this part of this story: Don’t mess with True Mordecai.
He wins even in duels against classic Chryssalids.

Chryssalid%20Autopsy

(yellow for cyan) #39

Update 5UCK-1T4N-D533 for the conclusion from post #21:

After series of brutally monstrous experiments on living humanoid (and not so) unregistered volunteers was found that some rare minority of the test subjects who did not experienced painful sensations while hearing the voice noise of Disgusting Decoy were not “Hail Hydra”. (Of course, none of those claimed, that Decoy is “better” than True Mordecai)
And same as everyone else they could not give any reasonable explanation about why they “liked” or didn’t feel disgust and retching from Mor-Decoy in BL2.
So they had to take entheogens to clarify the work of own perception.
Appeared that despite quality level of Disgusting Decoy some not evil people with not atrophied imagination might feel in it phantom resemblance to archetype of “Not Mexican Mordecai”, or “Gringo Mordy”.

Klopotinsha’s survey team have found healthy well-developed specimen of this subtype of Legendary Archetype in Ubisoft universe (which is actually not so far from Borderlands, contiguity can be easily found in Ages Beyond Myst, or Lost, and Ancient Titans who are pretty common for all sci-fi settings, and, of course, through universe of Jesper Kyd’s soundtracks)
This Caucasian male character with similar algorithms to our favorite True Mordecai is a key element and the most important character of whole Watch_Dogs series, because he literally created the entire Magical Sci-fi component of this series.
Name Raymond Kenney, also known as T-bone. (performed by John Tench, pretty nice sorta “caricature Viking” or “lumberjack” looking person. Glamour French devs made his digital version a bit smoother so he looked more like hipster hacker, rather than Lemmy from Motorhead)

T-bone lives on Earth where everybody is wearing fancy clothes and hanging on smartphones.
Raymond Kenney was the one who helped to create “central OS”, he did this with the logic of an Artist, with good intentions(analogically to how naive Mordecai from BL helped to find pieces of The Vault key), but Another Evil Corporation defiled and perverted all this in order to obtain total control on population. Ray tried to warn people about danger and eventually got fired (lucky that wasn’t killed). After that he began to openly oppose Evil Babylon and this network, and have caused the Blackout by hacking it in order to show the dangers of an entire infrastructure relying on one system.
The blackout caused the accidental deaths of eleven people, making Ray to feel extreme guilt and leading him to go off the grid in order to avoid detection by Babylon. T-Bone began drinking heavily due to both his guilt over the deaths he caused as well as his bitterness in Evil Corp firing him. The Blackout, however, led to him becoming highly revered in the hacking community and among the resistance against Babylon.

T-bone is full of shiт and regret but still has a lot of Light inside.

This character’s role can be also defined as Legendary Keeper of Coziness. (Of course, Ray’s aura is not as powerful as Father Julio’s, but he’s still extremely cute, sometimes can be even spotted on creating “Otter Eyes” effect.)
T-bone is very much like our favorite Truxican Mordecai from Border Lands(especially as we wished to see him in BL2 with Julio’s performance), except, while True Mordecai is like a panther, T-bone Raymond is a typical dog; the rest human qualities and behavioral algorithms are pretty similar (adjusted for particular setting)

Since T-bone’s habitat is not so rich in alien wildlife (or drug cartel members, etc.), he created for himself electric “pets” from metal with his welding equipment, high knowledge in software engineering and artistic taste. This talented sculptor created a lot of artifact creatures, from tiny cars with electroshocks, to Eridian-like armed torsos, huge lightning strike arachnids and fire-breathing dragons who protect him from uninvited guests.

“Gringo Mordy” T-bone Ray is also often heard to speak short phrases in Spanish like “vámonos” or “adiós amigos”, but it doesn’t sound like vile hypocritical antics of Decoy from BL2 at all, Ray does it sincere and cozy and cute and appropriate and even stylish, like he does not know Spanish very well, but he really likes how it sounds.

In the first Watch Dogs game T-bone was dug up by pretentious bore Aiden the Vigilante who avenges death of his niece Helena Pearce.

And after the story with bore Aiden there comes the most interesting part!
Add-on BAD BLOOD where Ray continues finishing what dumbass Vigilante couldn’t finish.
Like SHATTER THE F* BABYLON, yeah!
So in Bad Blood we got Awakened Raymond F* Kenney as playable protagonist.
And this is F* AWESOME.
In Raymond’s personal story there’s a lot of humor and healthy delirium in best traditions of our favorite BL1. This story is… like… imagine “Life is Strange: version for girls”; very touching, funny and moderately dramatic at the same time… it is kinda journey to Raymond’s personal “Jimenez”.
By the way, this paranoid appeared smart enough to figure out that he’s a videogame character, but instead of banal breaking the fourth wall he just fixes on his backpack animated tamagotchi output facing the player who stares at his actions from behind his shoulder.
The only sad thing that, though this story much more profound, it is in format of DLC and much shorter than “main” game.

In Watch Dogs 2 (which eventually turns around Ray again, because he’s the most important character in the series) Ray helps the bunch of young hipsters to arrange exposure that automatically causes HUMILIATION of another Jared Leto style “Handsome Jack” sort of unpleasant worthless hypocritical harmful douchebag.
Worth noting that despite 55 years old Rey Kenney looks the most worn out, greasy and wrinkled in the team, from the inside he is younger than all these kids.

By the way, the confrontation of old proud bearded weirdo against abuse of hyped fascist liar with atrophied cojones is quite predictable vintage algorithm. In Old Testament there is a story about smartass Mordecai the Jew versus vile envious nazi “Another HansomeJack” named Haman who wanted to exterminate all the Jews and especially Mordecai…

And eventually Mordecai saved his people, of course, not without help of his little sis Esther who was to him like Marcus for Ray Kenney (only for hacking the system they were using Jewish rituals instead of hi-tech stuff), and after Esther’s stealth action under the guidance of Mordecai and series of hilarious episodes with HUMILIATION of Haman (my favorite is when Haman’s “Angel” pours out her chamber pot on Haman’s head and then jumps out from the window to death when realizes that dressed-up like a slave was her vile father but not proud Jew Mordecai), Haman was hanged on the very cross that Haman himself was preparing for Mordecai.

Meeting with Mr. Kenney was especially pleasant for Klopotinsha because while she and I were enjoying trilling adventure with this amazingly charismatic qualitative “Gringo Mordy” character she also received more comprehension of awesomeness of possible gameplay mechanics, structures and plot moves with her favorite True Mordecai performed by one and only Julio Cedillo. So, while walking through WD her mind handled with two universes at the same time, experiencing DOUBLE AWESOMENESS from playing with T-bone and imagining analogical algorithms for True Borderlands.

After getting to know a healthy version of “Gringo Mordy”, all the test subjects who were not “Hail Hydra” began to show signs of psychosomatic toxidrome after a single thought about Horrifying Decaying Decoy from BL2, and also began fearlessly affirm like ‘Hell no, we’re not buying kak! We better find more good stuff from other developers if GBX cast anyone but Julio on role of Mordecai in next Borderlands games!’

And remember [subject name here], when the Lights go on, good things tend to happen.

(SixtySicksShooter) #40

Hello,Karina. First i have to say that B1 is still my favorite game in the franchise and Mordecai is also my favorite character, but i find your obsession with him quite disturbing. It doesn’t matter who voice him, i’m happy he is still alive. I see that you’re a badass fan and i love your artwork, but you see, things have to move on.Have fun and keep things real, would ya’. Take care. :wink:

(yellow for cyan) #41

Hello, stranger!

All of illustrations of WotH series are published to explain particular ideas; i think that “universal language” of visual images is the best tool to provide it. But as I can see by the comments where people say like they “love” the illustrations and ask me not to do for what I create these illustrations, I probably must share more direct thoughts in words, instead of showing new illustrations.

I see your post is different from one i received in e-mail notification. I already prepared to write here big LONGPOST about Eridians as the point of interest in context of Mordecai.
But now I have no idea how to interact with this…
Oh, wait, I got it!

Stay awhile and listen.

In case with Mordecai - VO actually matters.

Of course, True Mordecai from BL1 forever alive because NEVER DIE is Special Ability given to him by actor Julio Cedillo who gives this Special Ability to all of his characters (like Steven Ogg gives Rampage Special Ability to all characters)
Julio the Actor actually has a whole garden of really interesting Skill Trees if to consider his works as “RPG mechanics”. I actually would like to see BL Mordecai using more of his skills like Otter Eyes from Stunning Animation tree, variety of interaction with four-legged creatures from Rancher tree, ‘Shakespeare, so what?’ from Dramaturgy tree and, of course, his Badass Laughter is my favorite, really epic stuff, I mean it is SUPER Ability! :bllol:

But, if to consider BL2 as canon we can observe Mordecai in half-life (scientific and mathematical term, describing time during which the system decays in an approximate ratio 1/2), because LIEbrecht, as we have figured out here, performs total Decay.
I assume 2 half-lives elapsed for the time of BL2 add-ons when the character’s condition becomes exponentially worse, not depending on that part of it is in Athena’s flashback (which again confirms Mordecai’s attachment to not linear time).
It sounds very disturbing, indeed. By my calculations the third half-life will start Dissolution of Eternity, where Border Lands are already completely WASTED.

As you can see, Mordecai’s VO is a part of Sci-fi in this story, or, if you can’t see it, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t do what it does.

By the way, yesterday watched Avengers: Infinity War.

And there was Josh Brolin, and then there appeared Benicio Del Toro, but at the end there was no philosophy-making Julio Cedillo, so i was like “shiet, i’m kinda watching the wrong movie!”, and things turned out so-o-o-o bad that pathetic remnants of survivors will have to reset the universe! :rofl:

If you don’t get, it is another joke with allusion to Real_Borderlands film Sicario, though who are left to Avenge likely will have to reset the universe, and Cedillo certainly should play someone in MCU, but, I think, he fits better for more awesome part where those who Defend.

[MCU spoilers On-topic]

While True Mordecai is meant for more epic Infinity Adventures, in this Tiny Infinity War with Thanos appeared one “mal’enkie mordekaichiki” character!
Holy cows! There was one of Mal’enkie Mordecaichiki with this classic Vault riddle about Soul Cores!
But then appeared that under the hood of this Mal’enki Mordecaichik was Nazi!
But then appeared that Red Skull was just a form taken by Mal’enki Mordecaichik to look more reminding of Nemesis from Catacombs and Disciples of D’Sparil!
And then appeared that this Mal’enki Mordecaichik was performed by ANTI-LIEbretch!
Daym, we were joking a while ago that Aaron from Walking Dead (Ross Marquand) is “Anti-Liebretch” because he has similar shape of skull, but he’s a good actor with Light instead of Void! So we were joking about “Anti-Liebretch”, like we were making fun about “Ryan Gosling is a horse” before we knew that it is direct part of a plot in Blade Runner 2049, and then ANTI-LIEbretch performed Nastoyashij Mal’enki Mordecaichik!!
AHAHAHAHA Mal’enkie Mordecaichiki in Disney universe!

DiscipleSprite

By the way, Thanos solved the Vault puzzle completely wrong and cursed himself! LOL
This Purple Titan appeared even more hard headed than Talbot-Graviton! (Titans brains are made of stone)

(yellow for cyan) #42

A little memoir.

I remember this thread was the first thing i started to search for when i entered the old GBX forum back in ~ the end of 2013.
But I always found only scattered scraps on theme “wow, BL1 has such a wonderful Actor! He added so much sense to this story! Cedillo’s Mordecai is one of the best protagonists ever! Something is really wrong in the sequel.” And it always was not deep enough.
On the new forum i couldn’t find anything, so i had to make it by my own. If this thread wasn’t created by me, I’d be so happy if i just found it.
Daym, I’m so happy anyway. Yeeeah, such an awesome thread!
Though, I did not plan this thread as my personal diary unlike my other threads which are actually personal diaries.
I made this thread for everyone, so even hypothetical opposition can write their parts more constructive on-topic like “we afraid of returning of True Mordecai, because he can beat all boring evil Incubuses and make Borderlands awesome again, we prefer words taken out of context, off-topic, baiting, power abuse and Decaying Decoy from BL2 much more, because it stinks and discredits Mordecai! We want to destroy everything alive and beautiful (especially Mordecai) for the sake of The Void.”
I personally would recommend adding “MWAHAHAHA!” for such speech, but it would be more characteristic for possessed by good old “red” Demons and not appropriate for sad pronouncement.

Hm… Translating posts into the language of “Heptapods” can make them more compact. I’ll think about that. I sometimes make such letters with my coffee cup…

By the way, all series of True Mordecai Archetype characters obviously has innate talent to nonlinear time perception.
Smartass Mordecai the Jew “fragged” Haman after seeing a dream and correctly interpreting which, Mordecai predicted like easy-peasy where the nazi puts his “rakes”, and there left only to make sure that vile moron will step himself on each of it.

Melquiades the Gypsy (one with the black hat) wrote the manuscript with the story of seven generations of the Buendia Family in the town of Macondo long before it became mainstream happened in “real time”.

Melquiades the Cowboy (with the white hat) felt his own death, but did not despair and asked his friend to make of it a magical journey to the most beautiful place.

Mordecai the Hunter can percept the story like fractals of the cosmic snail, which hypothetical player in BL1 has as a part of gameplay on second walkthrough.

And then my “fan theory” on theme “what if to imagine BL2 with the identical script, but with real True Original Mordecai (including ally real True Roland and Bloodwing revealed as supporting npc with sounds of real leather wings instead of silly rustling of paper)”:
There would appear an interesting moment: by the script Mordecai started drinking heavily before his friends were murdered in linear timeline, In version with Decoy it makes no sense, but with the original actor it can create stylistic effect that can be interpreted like the character has already learned that ‘where there is death, there will always be death’…

Maybe alcohol was also used as improvised emergency immersion in “Stasis” in order to reduce influence of Decay and the Old Gods.