Getting Hung Up On Evolved Thrall

Not sure if this has been mentioned, or noticed, but in the last two missions I played, in which we fought Jennerit troops, whenever the Evolved Thrall would close to melee range, my character would get hung up on them, and be unable to move.
Very annoying.

I was playing Ernest both times, but don’t know if this is an Ernest-only issue.

Anyone else experience this?

(I had never experienced anything like this before the latest update, and again, it may be an Ernest-only thing)

I get body blocked by them all the time, usually with the bigger characters (happened to me with both Toby and Kleese recently), it takes a minute to get free. If there’s more than one, you do sort of get stuck between them without being able to move properly. Very annoying, especially if you’re doing the hardcore spotlight.

And quick melee doesn’t help?

It clears them back a little, but since the nerf (and rightly nerfed) it doesn’t work to spam it repeatedly anymore. Its usually when they’ve got me on a piece of environment too, could be the corner of a bridge or a jutting rock or something… I can generally get away but it takes awhile and I come out with a hundred or less health… It does feel like they stick to you a bit when there’s multiples, but that could just be a function of the extreme body blocking in this game that occurs in a number of PvE and PvP scenarios.

I’m glad that the character collision is being looked into.

They are coded to have a sort of magnetism.

You can test this. Be Pendles, just bump into an Evolved Thrall.
You will not be able to walk away for a second.

Are you saying that GBX is looking into character collision? So there is hope that at some point in the future there will be less body blocking in PvP?

This happens to me all the time. They just pinball me around until I die and there’s nothing I can do about it. I despise the collision in this game. Both friend and foe. It’s like everyone is a giant 3D rectangle. Terrible.

It’s been mentioned, yes. I’m not sure what they plan on doing or how they plan on doing it however. It may be one of those subtle changes that you don’t notice at first, like when they tweak some of the collision with the environment.

Well evolve thralls usually try to stay close and spam their meele attack, this attack works similar to phoebe alt and keep the target in range.

Quick meele once they do the spin also jump backwards to keep them away, they deal insane dmg but are pretty stupid. Shot their legs

I’ve never experienced before now.
So I can’t tell if it’s a new “feature” or a new bug . . .