Getting ships out of HOD files

(Charvell) #1

It’s been a long time since I’ve modded HWRM. I recall making a Turanic Drone Frigate and a Turanic Multi-gun Frigate from the original Array model but I can’t remember how I was able to acquire the models from the HOD. Can anyone help me jog my memory?

1 Like
(Taiidan Republic Mod) #2
  1. Open cfHodEd for HWRM:

1. Open a HOD (File > Open):

1. Dismiss any errors:

1. In the ship meshes tab, select the mesh (there could be more than one) and click “OK” to the warning message:

1. Select the LOD you want (LOD 0 is the highest detailed model) and click “Export”:

1. Click “Yes” to reverse UVs:

1. Take your model and do something with it (e.g. import into Blender):

Note: textures can be exported in a similar way:

…and so long as you clicked “Yes” to reverse UVs, it should be straightforward to re-apply them to the model:

3 Likes
[MOD] Homeworld Universe Remastered
(Charvell) #3

I’m guessing I have the wrong version of CFHodEd… or the file format has changed since the patch? I don’t have access to the older hods. Went through a reformat since then. Lost all my old stuff.

[edit] I have access to the old files now.
Where can I find the CFHodEd 4.1.1.0 or latest version? Searched but no luck yet…

(Taiidan Republic Mod) #4

Try this. @shadowwinterknig gave it to me, not sure where he got it from…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkd6ft86qqfrqzd/CFHodEd_Remastered.zip?dl=1

EDIT: I use this for post-2.0 HOD files.

2 Likes
(Charvell) #5

That.s 4.1.1.0
I found 4.1.0.0
4.1.0.0 actually works better. It opens some files that 4.1.1.0 doesn’t. Go figure…

(Trebic) #6

Visual Basics .net source code.
There are 2 branches, master is the pre 2.0 cfhoded and remastered_2.0 is the post 2.0 cfhoded.

3 Likes
(Charvell) #7

You sure that’s the right link? Call me stupid but I don’t get it.

(Trebic) #8

It’s the source code. You will need VB.net to compile it into a runable program. If anyone has the skill, they could finish it off so it properly functions ( I’m not the dev, just found it in my search to edit the newer hods)

1 Like
(Charvell) #9

I thought it might be something like that. I don’t have even the slightest idea of how to do that… but thanks for trying to help :+1:

(ajlsunrise) #10

Linky: https://www.mediafire.com/file/domqfd5aaj9s99j/cfhoded-remastered.rar/file

Extract and run

1 Like
(Charvell) #11

Thank you :wink:

(Liuruoyang1995=Lone Wolf Akela) #12

So you compile it from the source code in remastered_2.0 branch? But I remember that branch is not finished and just won’t work?

(ajlsunrise) #13

shrugs

it compiled. i didnt take a look at if it worked without bugs.

my recommendation: dont save anything with it, or make sure you have a backup before you save.

i know it ignores sections it doesnt understand, but I dont know if it outputs those sections when it saves, or if those sections are needed by the game to function properly, or even if those sections are a hash of other sections and modifying those other sections might need to modify the unknown sections

1 Like