Ghalt: The First Battleborn; A General Guide

Hello everyone of the Battleborn Forums, Garrus_Sniper here. Fair warning this is my first like spotlight/guide/general overview of a character, so if something sounds off or is wrong, 1000 pardons. I chose to talk about Ghalt from the cast for a few reasons, though mainly because I find him so entertaining to play, yanking players and characters of interest across the screen in hilarious fashion right before the squad beats them up real quick and then he goes back to fishing for Battleborn.

In this general, rather basic guide I will cover: Helix Choices, Skills and How/When to Use them, Strategies and Techniques, Team Strats, and Gear (of which I have a top 10)

Overview

Firstly let me begin by saying, this is just my recommendation with the character Ghalt and there are more than likely a billion or so variants or differences in how you or others play the character; that’s the fun of the game. This guide will mainly be focused on my own personal choices and preferences having played with the character for about a year. Also please assume all situations are presented on basic Overgrowth (incursion)

I would say the key things about playing Ghalt effectively would be positioning, while it is important generally to every character where and how they should be moving along the battlefield. However, it is most important to Ghalt, I feel, simply because he has no evasion whatsoever and without being fully aware of your surroundings, your teammate’s position and the enemy team’s position then one might find Ghalt as bad or terrible due to the fact that when caught by one or two CC effects then he is quite easy to burst down. Generally speaking, a Ghalt should never be in front of his melee teammates. In Overgrowth if you are past the crate one might use to hop up to the enemy’s sniper nest then you are far too close. Running is about the only form of escape Ghalt has, he cannot do that when he is too close to an enemy stun or slow.

There are two prime spots to stand in (should you find yourself pushing enemy’s front door in Overgrowth), linger and go-between when playing as Ghalt and that is directly under the enemy sniper nest BEHIND the crate. One scrap trap should be laid down in between yourself and the crate and one scraptrap should be positioned behind you, so when you’re running from aggroing melee characters, they hit the slow and you can generally escape to your side of the map. The other prime position for Ghalts to stand at is directly across from the sniper perch, at the end of the wall nearest the exit to the tunnel on the enemy side. One scrapstrap should be placed at the end of the wall and a second should be placed around the corner from the front door, to prevent fleeing enemies from escaping that way or to provide the same route of escape as mentioned previously, run through your trap and melee characters will follow and hit the slow. Also the first mentioned position gives you prime position for pulling snipers from the sniper nest.

Another key aspect of Ghalt is you need a follow up CC, a heavier slow or stun is preffered, barrage of both perfect. There is no kill like overkill. I will get to prime team comps later in this Guide. Follow up is key however, if the follow up CC is not good enough it will result in escaped targets and, in worst case scenerios, your death. Also, don’t be afraid to be the first one to run, Ghalt has no escape besides turning around and sprinting, if you’d call his lackluster sprinting actual sprinting, away from danger. If you even catch a funny look from other players, don’t hesitate to leave an area and chill next to some teammates or just leave the area altogether, most won’t find you as appetizing of a target if you’re not that close to them anymore.

Passives and Skills

Ghalt’s Passives and Skills are pretty straightforward and thanks to recent buffs, he can do a lot of respectable damage on his own now.

Passive, Tactical Shells: The last 4 shots from his shotgun deal 25% extra damage. After some testing with @Nemosis327 and @vagrantsun I did a lvl 10 test of his damage vs shields w/regular and tactical shells as well as damage vs crit with both normal and tactical shells.
At level 10 I found these results
Regular shell against Shield: Aprox 180 (179 was number shown)
Tactical Shell against Shield: Aprox 200 (201 was number shown)
Regular Shell against Crit: Aprox 270 (268 was number shown)
Tactical Shell against Crit: 335 was number shown

All of these numbers were taken in a scenerio where an enemy was point blank in front of Ghalt, your numbers and damage will vary depending on how close/far you are from your target. Ghalt has a shotgun after all.

Moving to his other skills there is the Hook (well known by now, simply pulls enemies over to him that are hit by it) and his ScrapTrap (enemies who travel over the trap are slowed for 2 seconds and then traps explode for 200 pts of damage). His Ultimate is the Dual Wield. Knowing when and how to use these skills is, like every character, imperative for success in competitive Battleborn/play with Ghalt. His ultimate is (Like Toby, ISIC and Whiskey Foxtrot) an ult that transforms him into a “damage output machine” but, like those others he can sacrifice a lot of defense and positioning in doing so and must constantly be vigilant for dives from enemies and be ready to cancel his ultimate at a moment’s notice.

Helix Tree

In this section I will be discussing each helix choice and giving you my opinion on which is best and why. Getting started.

Lvl 1: Big Draw (Increase AOE of the hook, making it easier to pull enemies) VS Stealth Scrap (Invisible/cloaked traps)

-Big Draw: Believe it or not there was a time where this went mostly unused simply because of the fact that scraptraps stunned back in the good old days, however this is seen as the go-to overall best option at lvl 1 because of how much easier it makes it to pull Battleborn. It is a strong option, provided you know how to steer clear of minions when pulling through waves or attempting to.
-Stealth Scrap: Again this option was ludicrous with Ghalt when his traps stunned, but since they slow this option is nearly as overpowering as it used to be. It’s still a strong choice even if some Ghalts complain that Big Draw gives you an advantage over the other Ghalts that don’t use it. It’s still strong in the fact that melee characters will never see it coming in the heat of things and you’re running from them using the trap positions I mentioned above.

Level 1 Verdict: Both are good options. Depending on how skilled you are with nailing the pull/hook, you don’t need the Big Draw option. I recommend experimenting with Big Draw and as you grow in confidence shift to Stealth Scrap as you become more advance in your pulls.

Lvl 2: ShockTrap (Deployed traps deal damage over time to nearby enemies, +60 per second) VS A Little Something Extra (For each active scraptrap, each trap does extra damage, +10% per trap) VS The Shrappening (traps now launch extra bombs, 3 additional)

-Shock Trap: While it is a pretty solid DPS, the traps themselves don’t last long whether they are seen or invisible due to some minion or player stumbling over it. I still wouldn’t pick it again due to how minimal the best possible situation is, if you’re going with Big Draw at lvl 1, then this choice is irrelevant, you might hit minions, but due to pre-stun Ghalt, most players have PTSD about those thing and destroy them on sight.

-A Little Something Extra: So until you get to the point where you have extra scrap traps your traps will only ever do 200 +10% of 200 (so 220). You have to limit yourself to one trap until you reach that point, severely hampering this mutation.

-The Shrappening: Of the three, this perk helps Ghalt with his already bad minon clear and I personally have racked up kills with this Helix choice. They help do that extra bit of chip damage to knock off shields or bust up a minion wave pretty reliably (not destroy, but since Minion XP is shared as long as you do damage, they help grab Ghalt that little bit of XP from the waves). Also, another key thing about trap placement: when your team is pushed back in your front door putting your traps between the little mountain and the wall of your sniper perch is key to catching the minion wave when it spreads out to attack your sentry, 1-3 minions always like to tuck themselves in that area and your trap exploding knocks them out of laser mode and does good damage.

Level 2 Verdict: The Shrappening; while level 2 Ghalt doesn’t provide anything amazing or groundbreaking for him as a character, it does help with certain aspects he’s lacking and helps cover the team when they are busy or you guys have had to retreat.

Lvl3: Barrier (+240 Shield Strength, +105 Shield recharge per second) VS Pellet Party (+30% more pellets)

-Barrier: Extra survivability is always good, in Ghalt’s case its phenominal because, again, he has no escape besides turning around and running away. Since people tend to dive the Captain as a result of what he can do or has already done multiple times, this is a fabulous choice.

-Pellet Party: Now before I started playing Ghalt there was a helix choice that people said was the best helix option in his tree. I dunno what it was before, but whatever pellet party is, it’s certainly not his best helix option anymore.

Level 3 Verdict: Barrier. Surviving is key, this should be an automatic choice in my opinion, without the secondary shield recharge rate, this option gives Ghalt a solid 540 total shield. While late game it doesn’t shrug off some of the higher DPS characters, but early game it helps ensures that he lives through solo man dives a lot easier.

Lvl 4: Hookshot (Hook now damages on impact, +133 damage) VS The Hooks (Ghalt now tosses 3 hooks in a cone spread) VS Efficient Extraction (+35% hook speed and range)

-Hookshot: The damage on this skill is not significant enough to warrant it’s choosing, it doesn’t even touch half of a normal character’s shields and if you’re hooking Shayne over it does even less damage than advertised.

-The Hooks: If I’m being honest, I hate this perk with a burning passion. I see Ghalts use it either thinking it sounds/looks cool or because they don’t know how bad it really is. Ghalt’s hook is always a risk, unless you have a team to back you up, there is a good chance that hooked character you pulled can hurt you badly or kill you. If you take the Big Draw at level 1 and then this at Lvl 4, congrats you’ve become a minion magnet, very rarely will you pull a character over and your chance at hitting multiple battleborn to you just tripled. If you see a Ghalt pick the triple hook and you’re on the enemy team, breathe a sigh of relief, that Ghalt became fabulously useless for the game.

-Efficient Extraction: On the flip side of The Hooks, which I hate, Efficient Extraction is Ghalt’s bread and butter. It’s a necessity. Ghalt’s sole purpose in Battleborn is to take one Battleborn from their side of the map, to his side of the map, deep into your team’s territory so he and your squad can pick that character apart. Much like Rath’s lvl 4 Silence and Shayne’s Lvl 4 stun, this should be the only choice at Lvl 4.

Level 4 Verdict: Efficient Extraction. Seriously though, this perk literally makes Ghalt, there are pulls you can make that literally change the game because of this perk, grabbing healers tailing tanks, snatching tanks before they turn the corner (I’ve snatched Attikus’ out of mid leap, Benedict’s from the sky and Melka’s from claw lunge). When you master Efficient Extraction then you have a Ghalt not to be taken lightly

Lvl 5: Hobbling Shot (Tactical Shells slow targets, +2 seconds of slow) VS Boomsticker (Tactical shells now do an additional 15% bonus damage)

-Boomsticker: To let you know, yes this does add on to the already 25% bonus damage his Tactical shells get, meaning you have a total of 35% to your last 4 shots. I have done both options in the past, but this option is not my preference, though it is very viable and very real now that Ghalt does respectable damage on his own now. He won’t be 1v1 a Boulder, but characters that have large hit boxes or squishy bodies will regret picking on the Captain. This only adds to that regret. However, securing the kill should be your first priority as Ghalt, not in a fashion that’s suicidal mind you, but making sure Battleborn cannot get away is key and while the extra damage is nice, watching someone dart around a corner because you had no CC to back you up and your own CC wasn’t present can mean the difference between a kill and a survivor. I personally don’t like survivors. I would say do this when you judge your team’s CC is hard enough where Battleborn won’t be escaping.

-Hobbling Shot: My preferred fashion of Lvl 5 Ghalt, simply because faster enemies cannot run away as easily and the CC from Hobbling Shot is more reliable than your traps. This adds to the tail end of CC from your team and most cannot escape from that. You still get the +25% damage bonus from his passive, but you also get a slow for the rest of the game that’s very easy to land without ever meaning to.

Level 5 Verdict: Both are very viable options, however I say Hobbling shot gets the last bit of extra over Boomsticker simply because that extra CC can be used for so many reasons and it will happen naturally without you meaning to sometimes. And when you mean it to, more than likely it results in some sort of enemy death.

Lvl 6: Drain Chain (enemies hit with the hook have their shields and health drained. +360 damage over 3 seconds) VS Duct Tape and Bailing Wire (Scraptraps have +100% Health)

-Chain Drain: As long as said character isn’t wearing shield increasing gear or takes reduced damage while shield is up (Shayne), then this usually strips shields and scratches the surface of healthbars, usually a fantastic starting point for teammates with high levels of burst damage (Deande/Thorn/Toby) to follow up and make an easy kill or provide the follow up CC something much easier to finish off when the enemy is pulled in.

-Duct Tape and Bailing Wire: I don’t even know why you would considering they explode after triggering. Compared to chain drain, it’s a waste of time and one of his most crucial levels.

Level 6 Verdict: Chain Drain; it’s uses in beginning the process of a successful kill are too vast and numerous to not choose this and when put up against something as borderline useless as Duct Tape and Bailing Wire, this is an easy option, much like Barrier at lvl 3 and should be chosen each and every time.

Lvl 7: Speedloader (+25% Reload speed) VS Scrapstack (Ghalt can now have 2 extra scraptraps active, totaling 4) VS Both Barrels Blazing (Shoothing dicharges both barrels, one shot=2 shots)

-Speedloader: While Ghalt doesn’t have a slow natural reload speed, it definitely isn’t the fastest reload speed out there, the 25% buff to it does help if you’re one of those that find it slow and I use it all the time, mainly because of Both Barrels Blazings nagging issue, which I will get to in a moment

-Scrapstack: Yet another mutation that seems to be cool on paper or when in development, considering that this mutation is pretty much required if you’re going with the lvl 2 mutation A Little Something Extra. However, two traps are all you’ll ever need and picking this will be a waste of two superior options.

-Both Barrels Blazing: I experimented with this a lot when I was getting started with Ghalt quite a while back, it makes it so when you press the trigger, it shoots two shots instead of one. This increases your DPS and if you couple it with attack speed, you can do some nasty things with it, I would say my only issue is that it’s also chewing through your ammo quicker, requiring more reload. Since Speedloader and Both Barrels Blazing lie on the same helix level I would highly recommend wearing a reload speed gear to compensate for these facts; but it isn’t required.

Level 7 Verdict: As long as you don’t pick the Mutation, either Speedloader or Both Barrels Blazing are quite doable and very viable, in my opinion Speedloader is better, but neither are as bad as the mutation on this level

Lvl 8: Shortfuse (Traps have a -1 second trigger time) VS Quick and Dirty (Reduces Trap skill cooldown; -25% cooldown) VS Big Trap (+40% trap AOE radius)

-Shortfuse: This is the primary level 8 helix I choose, mainly because it effects the whole nature of the trap. Not only does it apply the slowing effect at a quicker pace, but it also sets off the detonation quicker as well, including the follow up bombs from Lvl 2’s the Scrappening

-Quick and Dirty: Considering the cooldown time on the traps isn’t very high to begin with, you shouldn’t need to worry about using this. Back in the day when traps stunned, this was a very viable option, but now it’s quite useless

-Big Trap: I actually used to use this before Shortfuse and still stand by its uses. It helps the trap cover a larger radius, mainly lanes where minions come into and increases the AOE of the trap exploding. Not a bad choice, just inferior to Shortfuse

Level 8 Verdict: Shortfuse. Simply put, if you opponnent gets slowed and takes an explosion before they can get to you, that sets up a solid pull to make sure they cannot leave or you to turn around and shoot them in the face quicker.

Lvl 9: Here Comes the Hook (Hook now has a -25% cooldown) VS Easy Target (Hooked enemies now take +15% extra damage for 5 seconds)

-Here Comes the Hook: In a cooldown reduction build where Ghalt’s gear gives him a pretty quick cooldown reduction already, this can be insanely good on Ghalt’s that can hit hooks reliably well. More hooks to throw out. I ran this for quite a while and its usefulness has stood the test of time. It is phenominal.

-Easy Target: However amazing Here Comes the Hook, I cannot stress how peerless Easy Target is. Cooldown is really good, but combining this with Efficient Extraction and Chain Drain and there is almost no reason why you, as Ghalt, shouldn’t be feeding your team with fresh kills whenever someone on the enemy team gets in your line of sight while you have the hook drawn. Not only have you yanked someone across the map, far from their healers, you more than likely stripped off their shields and some of their health bar, but now everything you and your teammates do to the hooked target for the next 5 seconds is amped by 15%. Now I know 15% isn’t Reyna levels of damage amp, but to all those high damage characters like Thorn and Toby, that’s like a fat kid in a pastry store.

Level 9 Verdict: Easy Target. While Here Comes the Hook is by no means a bad option, the ability to feed your team with easy assists/kills in Easy Target is stupid especially when you factor in how much CC they get barraged with after you’ve pulled the enemy in.

Lvl 10: Gun N Run (Every Hit on a major enemy with Dual Wield grants movement speed, max of 5 stacks of +5% movement speed per hit) VS Can’t Touch This (While in Dual Wield you are immune to all CC effects) VS Incendiary Shells (Dual Wield now fires incendiary rounds, lighting enemies hit ablaze, doing damage over time; 36 damage over 1.5 seconds)

-Gun N Run: Against a team with lots of slows, this can be a lifesaver, but in my opinion, other than causing utter hilarity, it’s not as useful as the Mutation nor Incendiary Shells.

-Can’t Touch This: Gauging the enemy team’s level of CC effects is important. If they have a lot of CC, then this is definitely the best option of the bunch, but if they lack any CC that could effect you, then this can be a dud mutation.

-Incendiary Shells: The most universally useful of his level 10 helix options. Even if you’re against a CC heavy comp or not, the Damage per second of this is stellar and it’s safe to go with this for the most part. Big targets get hammered pretty hard by you and anyone with an easily exposed crit should never be standing in front of you if you’re doing this because you will quite literally melt them.

Level 10 Verdict: Incendiary Shells. Both Can’t Touch This and Gun N Run need too many circumstances to be used to maximum effectiveness, Incendiary Shells is universally useful and while Beatrix is no longer the beast among men she used to be, her aid to characters with guns/firearms with Patient Zero extend to Ghalt’s Dual Wield and combined with Incendiary Rounds can do nasty things to sentries and Battleborn.

Helix in Review
Level 1: Either, both are good
Level 2: Right, The Scrappening (minion wave clear/better option)
Level 3: Left, Barrier (Survive)
Level 4: Right, Effiecient Extraction (One pull one death, feed your team)
Level 5: Left, Hobbling Shot (Tactical Shells do extra damage and slow)
Level 6: Left, Chain Drain (Strip shields and set up kills)
Level 7: Left, Speedloader (Quick reload)
Level 8: Left, Shortfuse (Quicker explosions and slow trigger from traps)
Level 9: Right, Easy Target (Feed your team more!)
Level 10: Right, Incendiary Shells (Melt a face or two)

Partner’s In Crime/Ideal Team Comps

Ghalt is notorious for being one of the best CC initiators in the game, simply because he can pull Target from safe space A to not safe space B quickly and teams can follow up/dog pile on said target with relative ease, allowing four of your team members to get the Assist XP while one gets the Kill XP. Here is the list of the rest of the cast and how they stack up in following up a pull from Ghalt; organized from Best to the Worst

-Best: Kelvin (This giant ice monster has the best stun CC in the game and having one back up a Ghalt who’s on point takes Ghalt back to the good old days where his traps stunned), Montana (After Montana gets Lumberjack Blast and said Montana knows how to not body block the pulls, dashing in to land the stun while following up with the Hailstorm then that should be a dead pulled target), Shayne and Aurox (I’m going under the notion that they aren’t bugging out with Fetch, either way their heavy slow at level 2 and stun at level 4 should ensure no pulled targets get out), Alani (Alani’s slow and Geyser trap remain one of the best CCs simply because of how defenseless the target is), and Toby ( simply put his stun mine makes him awesome, but his damage is nothing to dismiss either).

-Good: Boulder (while no Lumberjack Blast, his ability to single out a target while being a small hitbox is crucial, but his follow up is what prevents him from being on the best list), Miko (Stun or slow spore are great, but I’m not always comfortablt with my healers running up like that if something goes wrong), Thorn (Green Ball/Volley), Attikus (Leaping Slows and Silence Batman!), Deande (regardless if the Deande is as good as @Nemosis327 or not at landing Burst Dash, pulling scrubs into a Deande ult is nasty business), Rath (if Rath is the very last CC to land to prevent a last minute escape, then yes, but he can cause escapes by dropping the smash to early/before someone with a dash like Montana or Boulder and those two end up missing or knocking the target into base safety), Phoebe (Her slow is quite good), Benedict (As long as the rocket launching bird can land a hawkeye without getting himself into trouble, he’s awesome follow up), Galilea (again the stun is strong CC that cannot be understated), Pendles (Ironically, his dash is good as long as he doesn’t get greedy and overstays his welcome), Reyna (Priority marking a slowed target for finishing), Whiskey Foxtrot (slow grenades)

-Meh: Melka (While it’s not a bad slow by any means, it’s not as good as other slows that do it heavier on bulkier characters/characters that don’t have to go so deep to land it), Beatrix (Silencing can be good, but it’s no slow or stun), Caldarius (Blind is not CC that fast characters have to worry about), El Dragoon (The knock up isn’t bad, but again like rath it has the potential of screwing up better CCs down the line and he doesn’t even silence with his knock up), ISIC (1 sec stun isn’t bad, but most ISIC’s aren’t that close to a pull to begin with), Kid Ultra (wait until level 9 Ghalt then I can stun them for ya! No thanks Miko can do it), Kleese (Balls are high burst, but not on the level of Deande or Thorn in terms of hitting the target), Marquis (nope), Oscar Mike (he just doesn’t have anything sudden other than napalm grenade), Orendi (pulled into a pillar is the best you’ll get more than likely, pulling into a Paradim is even rarer).

-Bad: Ambra (most, if not all, choose the staff slam and there is nothing more annoying than watching a Miko fly away because an Ambra knocked him away trying to be a hero, Ernest (Again, knocking people away from death irks me)

Best Gear

Here’s the top Eight Gear pieces I’ve noticed on Ghalt and can aid you in creating a DPS Ghalt or Cooldown Ghalt as those are the primary/most effective ways to build him. These are in no particular order.

1. Legendary: Firmware Update 1.51C (while it was nerfed, it grants cooldown and chance to knock seconds off of cooldown per skill use)
  2. Flawed Epic: Sketchy High Tailing Greyhound (it minuses cooldown, buffs his sprint speed and is a cheap epic thanks to its - to heal power. Ghalt doesn’t heal so that doesn’t matter)
  3. Rare: Gambler’s Greyhound (took me a while to realize how good this rare piece was, considering in the earlier levels of the game it can give you a near -20% cooldown reduction almost all the time it’s definitely worth running)
  4. Legendary: Symbiotic Gauntlet (This is a no brainer, it grants max health and attack damage, adding to Tactical Shell’s bonus damage)
  5. Epic: Eviscerating Endoskeletal Graft (Attack damage and attack speed)
  6. Rare: Scoundrel’s Stinger (Another rare I didn’t realize was that good until I used it, it grants more attack damage after landing a crit, you will crit with Ghalt on accident quite a lot, it’s the naturre of the spread of his shotgun
  7. Legendary: Vow of Zealous Fury (Running this with some sort of cooldown is mmm +synergy and can get your attack speed quite high and nasty)
  8. Epic: Scheming Old Fashioned (More shield and more -cooldown)

Pulls You Need to Know and Master

There are a number of pulls you have to learn and master in order to play Ghalt to his maximum potential, totaling 5 I would say.

• “Blind Pull”: No this is not a pull while being blinded, although extra pulls to style for doing so. The Blind Pull requires quite a bit of luck, but with enough practice at it, anticipation can replace your luck. Here is the scenerio. Imagine you are standing at the eemy team’s front door in Overgrowth. You know that healer is around the corner, but won’t come around the corner unless you’re gone.There is a way to catch that pesky healer. Overgrowth lanes and doors to sentries are littered with Battleborn strafing back and forth from one side to the other/peekers who poke out for a second only to spring behind a wall and out of sight. Tossing your hook out just before, anticipating, where they will come out of will mean they walk right into the hook. This is what’s known as the “Blind Pull”

• “Sudden Pull”: This particular technique is for grabbing Battleborn who like to hang out on ledges. You know they are there, but don’t look at them. Like the Boos from Super Mario World, they get nervous and run off if you’re looking at them. As soon as your hook is reset from cooldown, jump and turn your aim right at them before launching the hook. This cuts down on reaction time for said sniper and usually ends up with a Toby, Marquis or Thorn scrambling for dear life. The “Sudden Pull” is also the technique I employ when set up underneath the enemy sniper nest mentioned earlier in this guide.

• “But Wait, There’s More” Pull: This technique demands your absolute patience and flawless positioning/timing on the map. Enemies, on pushes tend to get a little deeper than they are supposed too, especially melee tanks and not a lot recognize when it’s time to leave. Mastering the art of pulling a melee in when they’ve decided to run off is one of the most important uses of the hook and you get bonus points for yanking Kelvins out of sublimate who think they’re home free.

• “Where You Running” Pull: This is similar to the “Blind Pull” as you’re using your opponent’s momentum and trajectory against them, letting them walk into the pull on their own. You toss your hook where you know they will be going and watch the magic happen. You can time this for a particularly nasty pull at the beginning of the match, The Leaping Pull employs both the Blind and Where You Running Pull into something I like to call “The Booty Call”. At the beginning of the match, run to the sniper perch on your side as quick as Ghalt can, leap off the sniper perch, onto the wall, then off the wall and throw your hook at the area in front of the shock turret only if you see someone running towards the turret. They will run into the hook, miss the shock turret purchase and get pulled to you on your team’s side of the map, easy enough for the CC follows to react to what you just did.

-“Invio-Pull”: this just requires you to train your eyes to recognize cloaked enemies such as Pendles, Deande and Oscar when they are cloaked, pulling them and letting them know that you can see them.

In Conclusion

This is by far the longest post I have made on the forums. Thanks to @Nemosis327 for help with numbers testing and encouraging me to make this Basic Guide, hope anyone who reads it finds it informative and/of helpful in their future endeavors with this character. He is a blast to play and competitively one of the best in the business when you master him.

8 Likes

Nemo here. I sponsor this guide. Even though I haven’t read it yet cuz I’m at work. But I’ll get to it.

And after not having read anything yet I feel comfortable giving a numerical value to represent this guide:

I’d have given higher but this isn’t about Deande or memes

1 Like

No mention of Ghalt killing Isic in 30 seconds? It’s my fav thing about playing Ghalt.
With the recent changes he stinks in the Mike dlc now.

I have read it now. I approve this guide still. apart from a few typos. Though admittedly I don’t know enough about Ghalt to comment further. Wait, does knowing how to perfectly combo Deande with Ghalt count? Cuz I know that much. But that’s it.

2 Likes