Glitch Causes Player To Get Downed When They Crouch With A Projected Shield

As you will see in my linked video, I get downed just for crouching when using projector shields - a Firewall in this case…

It may have to do with crouching whilst under the influence of a status effect - weather from the ground or otherwise…

Regardless, Please fix this(I doubt it is intentional) - it is EXTREMELY annoying - Thanks…

Now, I may be wrong, but it looks like a projectile slipped through and hit you right as you were projecting the shield forward. 1 HP Moze builds and projector shields don’t exactly work well together for this reason.

Just ran it in .25 slow motion - I saw a projectile hit the barrier… =P

I’m just saying: If you’re playing a 1 HP Moze, and you project your shield forward during the middle of combat, and you go down, chances are, you got hit by something.

Here You can see it.

I asked this same question a while ago

The projection shield is no longer on you when it projects, so any damage that hits you is direct to health.
It’s not a bug, if you read the description of the “perk” on the shield card it’s pretty clear

That’s not in fact a bug. Fact of the matter is, when you are using a projector shield, all of your shield goes into the barrier. You yourself are not protected by a shield anymore.

This simply means the following: Do never ever use a projector shield on 1 hp Deathless builds. Enemy shots are bound to find some way past that shield eventually and a single hit is going to down you.

I was not hit…

(I will do further testing today)

Dude - the enemy was firing GREEN projectiles at me, & there were two shots - one past me on my right & the other hit my shield… Look at the video in slow motion…

Oh, I see now. I just looked at your clip again.
The reason you died was because the enemy had hit you with a corrosive DoT and well… DoT’s go right into your health whilst a projector is active. Your Moze was even still flashing green in the 3rd person FFYL animation.

That orange\red shot came from behind - no one was behind me…

If this is ture - Projector shields need a rework… This no shield on my person when the shield is projected isn’t making sense to me…

Yeah, that probably was a bit of an oversight. I mean, the idea behind the no shield thing is that the thing that normally is powering your shield is powering the barrier instead, but already applied DoTs really shouldn’t just hop over to your health bar.

I may have to trash my new Firewall build…

I will see…