Thank you to all the fans of Godfall for your continued support! It is hard to believe that we have already crossed-over the one-year mark! As you can see above with our new roadmap, we are not quite done yet! Stay tuned for more information as we will have more details to share on our free content update in Q2 2022 later.
For now, we are excited to be launching Godfall: Challenger Edition as well as the Challenger Update. Please see below the Update Notes and when Challenger Edition will be available for each platform.
4.1.9 Update (All versions) Update Notes below: December 3 - 11:00am CT
Godfall: Challenger Edition - PlayStation Launch: December 7 - Midnight Local time per territory
Godfall: Challenger Edition - Epic Games Store Launch: December 9 - 10:00am CT
Godfall Challenger Edition is the most accessible version of Godfall to date. We wanted to provide a way for new players to jump straight into the action with their friends, getting immediate access to Godfall’s most exciting features right from the start: the endgame and creating powerful, exciting builds. These new players joining Godfall through Challenger Edition will be able to play with existing players with the base game content, so be nice and show them the way!
Challenger Edition players will not have access to the full range of Godfall activities; Story Missions, Hunts, and Explore the Realm activities are part of the full version of Godfall and can be easily unlocked and played through by upgrading to the Deluxe Version in your platform store, which also includes the Fire & Darkness expansion.
Challenger Edition owners won’t be the only ones with immediate access to endgame content, however; owners of the full game will also be able to create new characters at level 50 OR boost existing characters under level 50 to the level cap. All characters reaching level 50 in this way will receive a set of level appropriate gear to jump right into endgame content.
All players now have access to Quests, a new set of goals to pursue and obtain powerful rewards. Quests can be accessed via the Personal Menu.
- Quests are made up of 8 randomized objectives to complete specific activities in Godfall, such as finding treasure chests or defeating bosses. Complete enough quest objectives to select one of three legendary items.
- Completing quest objectives award different amounts of quest progress based on their difficulty, as well as additional resources.
- Completed quest objectives are automatically replaced with another objective or can be rerolled by paying a small Electrum fee.
- Reach 100% quest progress to collect your reward!
Each quest rewards three different versions of the same legendary item to pick from, each with different stats that fit different playstyles. However, you can better target your rewards by duplicating an existing item and receiving one of three new rolls of the existing item. Replacing rewards in this fashion retains any item mutations (Cursed, Primal), making it easier than ever to chase the perfect version of an item for your builds.
Enhanced Story Rewards – New cosmetic rewards have been added for defeating each of the Godfall campaign’s story bosses, providing an additional bonus for completing these missions for the first time.
Repeatable Story Missions – Story missions have been updated so that players can experience them as many times as they’d like, whether it’s to master specific encounters or to receive new rewards.
Mutually Exclusive Trait Prevention - Items will no longer drop with certain combinations of traits that cause one or more traits to be ineffective, such as Cololaba’s Legacy rolling with primary traits requiring both Vitality and Spirit to be the highest stat.
Skip Tutorial – Players can now skip the initial tutorial via an option in the start menu if they wish to jump right into the action.
Codex Overhaul – The Gameplay section of the Codex has been overhauled to provide more detailed descriptions and helpful tips for Godfall’s various game modes (Dreamstones, Ascended Tower of Trials, Lightbringer).
Tower of Trials Bane Balancing –Banes in Ascended Tower of Trials have been rebalanced to make the AToT experience feel more consistent and less punishing to specific builds.
- Old Wound - “Your Evade window is 50% shorter. Lose 2% Health (down from 5%) whenever you Evade.”
- Wounded Reflexes - “Your Parry window is 50% shorter. Lose 4% Health (down from 5%) whenever you Block or Parry.”
- Ability Punishments - “Lose ability charge (reduced by 20%) whenever you take damage. Lose 2% Health (down from 10%) whenever you use an ability.”
- Low Stamina - “You take 100% more damage (up from 50%) while sprinting.”
- Easily Winded - “You take 50% more damage while sprinting. Gain Corruption while sprinting.” This bane has been removed and replaced with “You take 300% more damage while sprinting.”
- Polarized Duelist - “Weakpoints are invisible unless you are Polarized.” This bane has been removed and replaced with “-50% Weakpoint damage unless you are Polarized.”
- Magnetic Duelist - “Weakpoints are invisible unless you are Polarized. You and your allies become Shocked whenever you perform a Polarity attack.” This bane has been removed and replaced with “-80% Weakpoint damage unless you are Polarized.”
- Berserker Rage - “Weapon Technique charge degenerates except during Rampage.” This bane has been removed.
- Burning Rage - “Weapon Technique charge degenerates except during Rampage. Become Ignited whenever you enter Rampage.” This bane has been removed.
Salvage Improvements – we have made some targeted changes to the recently implemented salvage system based on community feedback:
- Legendary items can no longer be mass salvaged
- “Salvage All” has been renamed to “Salvage Marked Items” to make it more clear
- Added a confirmation prompt when mass salvaging Primal/Awakened items, rare or higher Augments, or Epic or higher items of any type
- Mass Salvage default setting has been changed to “All except Augments”
Unified Co-op Scaling – we have made some changes to the way the co-op experience scales in parties when playing Tower of Trials in order to unify the scaling behavior across the game. Previously, Tower of Trials scaled to the average level of all players in a party, often leading to a poor experience for everyone involved if there was a wide level gap between the highest and lowest level players in the party. Tower of Trials now scales to the host’s level, with other party members automatically increased or decreased in power depending on their level relative to the host. This will ensure that Tower of Trials remains a challenging and fun experience at all party levels, and matches how scaling is handled in the rest of the game. Please note that the scaling behavior of the Ascended Tower of Trials remains unchanged.
- Solved an issue where Archon Fury Spirit Warriors would gain collision volumes when performing a dodge.
- Solved an issue where Input Buffering for Blocking was inconsistent with some weapons while holding down the Weapon Technique button.
- Solved an issue where Light Timing Attacks would not deal Soulshatter damage.
- Solved an issue where Overhealth gained stops decreasing when an item is unequipped or a skill point was invested.
- Solved an issue where players could experience a hitch when performing their first takedown on a variety of enemies.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where all players that were hit by the hard knockdown when Moirax transitions into their final form would be knocked down multiple times.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Archon Fury Spirit Warriors could spawn with collision volumes for the players.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Dark Sentinels summoned by Lunara would remain invulnerable after being parried.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Excelsious’ perilous attacks does damage and knockdown to players when successfully parried.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Fire Howler’s flame breath is invisible to the party.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Flameblood Lashers could grab players jumping across gaps, which would cause them to be thrown outside of the level’s boundaries after the animation concludes.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where using the Arcing Shield Throw would sometimes not knock down enemies.
- Solved an issue where a Primed Shield would reflect 100% of the damage parried instead of 50% damage as stated in the Shield Prime skill.
- Solved an issue where the Ascension Level 300 Banner power (Grants 10% Overhealth to Allies when a Banner is dropped) was not applying correctly.
- Solved an issue where the Warhammer’s Southern Weapon Technique may become interrupted and lose charge due to uneven collision.
- Solved an issue where using the Souther Weapon Technique with Dual Blades on a knockdowned enemy would make the enemy invisible and/or immobile at certain distances.
- Solved an issue where upgrading the All Resistance secondary trait in the Forge would not change the value.
- Solved an issue where Epic Earth Items from Dreamstones were not being awarded to the player.
- Solved an issue where players could experience a hitch when closing their first Dark Tear.
- Solved an issue where players could pick the same Curse on different Dark Tears.
- Solved an issue where yellow beacons activated during the first Exploration Phase in Lightbringer would not show the direction of Light Caches during their second phase.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where Communal Chests in AToT would not receive the bonus granted by Additional Loot boons.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where selecting a Curse could fail to apply the Bane properly to the player picking the Curse.
- Solved an issue where opening and closing the SHiFT UI when the accounts are not linked would cause the game to suffer from hitches until restarted.
- Solved an issue where players could spend more Ascension Points than available if they disconnected their internet, causing negative values (and other complications).
- Solved an issue where the “Trial Complete” announcement would display twice.
- Solved an issue where Weapon Technique Damage boons would display +0% in the spring, despite functioning properly.
- Solved various text string and localization issues.
- Solved an issue where Archon Fury Sentries would deal their damage quick enough that it would cause enemy health bar flashes too rapidly to accurately gauge missing health.
The HUD of enemy health bar refresh rate has been updated to remedy this.
- Solved an issue where loading a character with items equipped through the Copy Loadout function (while using a controller) would revert to the state they were in before the items were copied over.
- Solved an issue where the “Already Equipped” pop-up was missing when trying to equip another Augment of the same name.
- Solved an issue where the Prime Shield VFX would not appear on the shield when primed through parries.
- Solved an issue where the Weapon Timing Attack VFX showed after a successful parry even if the Weapon Timing Level 4 skill has not been unlocked.
- Solved an issue where Boons in Boon Springs lose their rarity color (showing up as gray) if using a language other than English.
- Solved an issue where the Explore the Realm’s Sunflare Orb event would include an erroneous “0/3” tracking objective in front of the countdown timer.
- Solved an issue where the player’s Life Tracker would not display in single player.
- Solved an issue where unequipping a Banner could cause the bottom left HUD (Health, Life Tracker, Lifestones, etc) to disappear.
- Solved an issue where items could become permanently locked from a variety of actions, preventing players from salvaging them.
- Solved an issue where the locked icon for equipped Augments would overlap their Core Attribute value.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where a player could get kicked back to the Sanctum during AToT after navigating to personal menus after collecting numerous loot items.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the health bars for Kragani’s bracers would disappear after the player died and respawned.
- Solved a multiplayer issue where the player’s Life Tracker would not display in ToT, AToT or Lightbringer game modes.
- Solved various animation, VFX and rendering issues.
- Solved various environment collision issues across the realms.
- Solved various issues with low poly environment pieces that would not update based on distance.
- Solved an issue where an error connection could occur when collecting numerous loot items and then returning to the Sanctum.
- Solved an issue where looking at Archon Fury Spirit Warriors would cause a noticeable FPS loss.
- Solved an issue where rapidly defeating enemies and/or collecting loot could cause a queue delay when interacting with chests or boon/bane springs
Please file a ticket on support.gearboxsoftware.com if you are experiencing any issues with Godfall or would like to provide feedback! Creating a ticket helps us track and monitor any issues creeping up from launch.
Join Godfall communities for official announcements, news, and updates!
- Support: https://support.gearboxsoftware.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PlayGodfall
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/playgodfall/
- Discord: https://discord.gg/godfall
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PlayGodfall/
- Website: www.Godfall.com
- Wiki: Godfall Wiki
Watch Streamers Playing Godfall Live!
- Twitch: Twitch