Golden keys dont work

i use some golden keys codes on the shift site but in the game (boderlands 2) they dont show up?
in the game i go to the box and it dont count my keys i have use on the shift side… but in the game menu says i got them. so what now?

There is a redemption counter on the shift panel in the game. It says something like:

5 Golden Keys, redeemed X times

or so. Next time, check if there is a difference after redeeming via browser. If this doesn’t change something went wrong. In that case, try to contact gearbox.

i use a lot of codes in the browser and they work but in the game they dont show up. but if i use a code in the game i can use and see them so what i do wrong?? i try allready to contact gearbox but i become only a answer they are in holidays…

1 Like

is in borderlands 2 a shift panel???

sorry i mean that extra page in the main menu. not this presequel like shift machine.
are you sure your psn is connected to you shift account?

i play on xbox one yes all is conect rightly …

in the main menu stands i have unlock them but if i go to box in the game it have dont counts my unlock keys :confused:

oh yes sorry i play on ps. but should be the same

are you sure your redeemed code wasnt for the presequel?

no even on the shift site stands it works with the date of today

ok. seems to be fine actually. except that part where it does not work but i can’t help you further. really try contact them again. they are in holidays? really? right now after their big reveal of BL3? of course they have someting to celebrate but ok. somewhen they have to awnser their support tickets

Moved you to the right section. Couple of questions for you:

• If you stand beside the Golden Chest, how many keys does it say you have?
  • If you tab through your inventory, you should see your keys listed on one of the panels; how many does it show there?

if i stand bevor the chest it says i have zero keys…and in my infentory it says i have zero keys but. in the game menu befor the game stands you have unlock XX game keys

the game menu tells you how many keys you redeemed at all. In game in your inventory and while lookong at the chest, you see how many you have left to use. maybe you just used them already?

That message on entering the game triggers if you’ve unlocked more keys since the last time you loaded the save, but it still gives you the total keys you have.

I think a few of the displays and other options got mucked up with the graphics updates - someone was posting that the “prestige” indicator on the BAR tab was no longer visible.

Its Not a graphic Problem, i can press any Button on the chest and nothing happens

I am having the same issue, I redeemed 95% of all keys at once on the website. They show up in my rewards section on console but nothing appears in game. I’ve redeemed the last 3 codes that came out on console and those worked fine. I’ve been going back and forth between gearbox support for the past month and it appears to be a bug on Xbox One.

This is the final response before they finally closed my ticket after a month of troubleshooting:

"Thanks for getting back to us with that information!

We have escalated the issue for further review and will get back to you once we have an update. However, it appears you may be experiencing a bug that is currently known to the developers. As we here at 2K support cant view design documents,we wouldnt be able to give a time frame for a patch.

Your best option in this case is to keep an eye on the Official Gearbox Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date on potential patch updates as well as regular SHiFT code releases and information on new games.

We appreciate your patience in this matter. At this time we will be closing the ticket, but if there is anything else I can assist you with regarding technical support for any of our 2K Titles, please let us know.

Thanks!" (Left out my name and support agents)

So pretty much I’m SOL because I doubt any patch to the Handsome collection is coming especially with Borderlands 3 on the horizon. Still kinda sucks though. Enter all codes on your console for now on instead of the website.

Not received golden keys you redeemed on the shift website for xbox one?
I am unsure if anyone has a solution i have been speaking to support and I think ive solved how to fix this on xbox only!

First question:
Do you own the fight for sanctuary? If no, this could be your issue. I bought the DLC and also did the fix below (by accident) and the keys appeared.

Guide to fix this(reqires 2 controllers possibly):

GT001 - New gamertag created for this fix
GT066 - Old Gamertag with the issues with the golden keys

Create a gamertag which when it creates a character in borderlands 2 gets issued the single golden key.

Close borderlands 2 by quitting the app from the xbox home.
Make sure you are signed into your new gamertag (GT001)
Whilst also signed into your new gamertag sign into the gamertag with the golden key issues. (GT066)

On a second controller sign into your gamertag with the golden key problems.(GT006)
(If you have issues with this step just turn on your 2nd controller and select borderlands 2 game and use cnotroller 1 to start a game)

Open borderlands 2 with the second controller.

The second controller should NOT be able to control the menu options when in game, it should be your first controller signed into BOTH gamertags.

Start a game with your main character.(it should show your main gamertags character (GT066))

You should receive a message saying you now have golden keys.

I’m missing about 75 Keys and three VIP Insider weapons. They show up in the SHiFT menu but not in-game

Merged into the existing thread. You could try the fix mentioned in the post now directly above yours, or submit a support ticket for assistance from the help desk.