Good muling method?

Does anyone have any good ways to organize mules?
Im a total hoarder so I keep everything good that I find , but lately ive gotten a bit bogged down with stuff and I can never find what I need.
Also , any idea whats the max amount of characters you can have on the xbone?

1 Like

I use the name function and organize them by level and type of weapon, OP8 Sniper rifles for example or at lower levels just the general level of the gear, as I don’t keep much of that…

1 Like

I started by organizing them by manufacturer… :wink:

1 Like

You’ve opened up an excellent question my friend!

I have honestly tried on many occasions to categorize and file my stock, and so yeah…it’s a huge bloody mess over here too :slight_smile:

Yep, no help I know, sorry man.

Many wiser people out there than me though, maybe i need to listen in on this :smile:

1 Like

While it’s not what you want, my method was to throw away / sell everything that I know I’m probably not going to pass down if I make a new character which shrinks the list nicely to having only one extra character carrying around some of the best parts stuff I’ve encountered from about level 10 to 72. The stuff used for Peak climbing goes to the respective active characters banks where I can find it if I make another one from the same class and take them all the way to OP levels.

Even the character who has the pass-me-downs is one that I plan on eventually leveling up at some point so they are already carrying all the stuff I’d plan on passing down anyway.

That’s just me though. I dislike cluttering up my list with mules and I know pretty well by now what is going to get used again.

1 Like

Its mostly the high level stuff tbh.
I change my gear constantly , and im always wanting to try new buids and play around with uniques I havent used before.
Even with the same item sometimes I need more than one as the different stats can change things dramatically.
Its one of the things I love about this game.
Maybe I need professional help :wink:

1 Like

Organizing by manufacturer allows the use of their skins, what is cool.
Personally, I only keep on level stuff.

1 Like

Maybe il try organizing by element for weapons. I haven’t tried that yet.
I found a mule that id levelled up to 72 just so it could hold more stuff!
The biggest problem is moving things around. I’m worried about leaving gear on the floor and losing it if the xbox crashes.

1 Like

I think muling is something BL2 just doesn’t let to enjoy. Yes, it’s possible, but it’s by no means rewarding and satisfying way to play game imo. Limited inventory space yes, but also so many pieces of gear are either just underwhelming or not good for character. In the end all that effort goes for items you don’t ever even use, so it’s just a waste.

1 Like

I made one or two for each class and made the mule the same. (Zer0 mule for Zer0 gear, Maya for Maya’s, etc)

2 Likes

Thats not a bad idea.
Other than the typical go to gear I tend to use alot of different guns for different characters , so that might make it a little easier.
I’m up to 42 mules on xbone and havent reached the limit so still dont know what it is.

1 Like

On another forum I read a message from someone who said that they had created 72 different mules on their 360 account- if that holds true for the XBox One…:wink: Also, since I often take gear from mules and replace it with something else I tend not to organize it much, except to keep any OP gear in the bank rather than the mule’s backpack…

[quote=“mlociks, post:9, topic:1559669”]In the end all that effort goes for items you don’t ever even use, so it’s just a waste.
[/quote]You might be doing it wrong.

2 Likes

I found that it’s far more satisfying for me to cut corners and not bother picking up items that I know I won’t use. I’ve been hoarding in past and the end result is always the same - out of inventory space, full with items that I consider as “useless junk” in sense that I don’t ever use them anyway. Not that I don’t want to use them, but the game just doesn’t give any incentives to do so.

I’m Zer0 player, and as such there was time when I got frusturated by limited amount of gear that is viable for my character, so I decided to play with all other characters, to give myself ways to enjoy gear I can’t with Zer0. Took them to lvl72 eventually, now they’re sitting at OP2-3. Well, I use them now to dump OP8 gear that I expect to be good for them once and if I get them to OP8, but I’m not even sure if I’ll get to it someday.

1 Like

The thing is I literally use everything.
Ive sunk 1000+ hours into BL2 on 360 , and ill probably do the same on xbox one , and I still dont have a standard loadout.

I have the usual go to gear for specific situations but the rest of my backpack changes every session.

Just yesterday I was testing out the Veritas pistol (which turned out to be crap) , but by the time I’ve gone through countless other uniques I’ll have forgotten how bad the Veritas was and try it again.
Its one of the benefits of having a really bad memory. I constantly get to try new things :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I actually use every piece of Unique gear in the game with a single exception (The Cradle), plus everything E-Tech. The Veritas is something I consider good enough to have a dedicated role for my Vladof Assassin, and it does not even need an OP buff. What level are you playing at? How are the Retcher and the Commerce treating you? If you’re serious about at least wanting to use everything in the game, I’d love to chat about how you’re using some of the more maligned gear in the game (and your muling system).

2 Likes

Im flitting between an op6 Maya , 72 Maya , 62 Axton , and 56 krieg at the moment.
Ill give the veritas another go when I get around to doing Zero.
The commerce was pretty good against bandits , but probably gaige will get more benefit from it. I forgot to switch to a cat mod so that might of helped.
I’ve got to check my mules for the Retcher but ive been destroying stuff using the Blockhead , Slowhand , Greed , Vladof pistol , Pitchfork and Hornet.
To be honest its hard to find any guns that aren’t good on Maya.

1 Like

The Veritas is a decent pistol… I don’t use it with its associated shield to take advantage of the FFYL buff, but it otherwise fills the role of my, “corrosive non-E-Tech Vladof pistol”. While it gets the job done without issue, I wouldn’t call it one of Vladof’s best.

The Commerce I find a tad too weak to be comfortable using in combat. It feels like an accurate Tediore that I can’t throw. I give it a two-level OP buff. I think Maya’s been a little overpowered since they buffed Cloud Kill (not that this is a bad thing; I can always turn it off). Any weapon that can hit a target can, if nothing else, deliver the cloud. One of my Sirens does not use Cloud Kill, and it’s definitely noticeable in combat.

1 Like

Ive gotta knock off cloud kill for a while to get some badass challenges done.
Also im determined to complete the optional objective for the hyperion sniper mission (where you have to get 25 kills of each element) at least once.

3 Likes