Good news, everyone!

Hi guys! Hope y’all are doing awesome!

I just wanted to share the good news with everyone, 'cause I finally finished my thesis last month, and submitted it on time! Had to take a very deep breath, disappear from all social media (/human contact) for about a month and swim underwater until I got it finished - at about 7.30am on the day it was due in. (I then slept for 14 hours and haven’t been doing much else since).

Not a Dr yet, I’ll have an exam/interview in a few months and then probably get given rewrites of a to-be-determined extent (my supervisor endorsed me submitting it so I doubt it’ll fail but I’m sure there’ll be something to do, I spotted one typo already). A big step along the road though.

Anyway I post because I want to thank the crowd here - you guys have given me support and friendship in many dark hours along this road. :heart: And thank you to Gbx too, because with Battleborn and Borderlands you guys gave me a lot of distracting joy, as well as an awesome forum filled with crazy and wonderful people.

adad1cf5fc0cc77adf410181ede72914

And @Adabiviak you owe me a like. :grin:

19 Likes

I do! You’ll find it on this post, contratulations! Just in time to recover a bit and hop on the hype train for BL3. Seriously though, that’s a big accomplishment, and you’ve earned it. :clap: :partying_face:

7 Likes

Recorded for posterity:

48%20PM

11 Likes

I’m glad you got it completed! :hugs: :heart:

5 Likes

Awesome!

5 Likes

Well, handed in my corrections today and got them approved (with two changes, I had to change ‘perimeters’ to ‘parameters’ and capitalise one use of the word Hotel) which means I am thoroughly DONE with the PhD and just have to submit a hard bound copy. Which I really hope no one ever reads lol.

Again, as I think I said above, thank you guys for this community. Y’all’re great!

— The Doctor

8 Likes

Even more Awesomeness!

3 Likes

Congrats Hattie! What an amazing achievement, you should be so proud of yourself! I’m very happy for you!
kitty

6 Likes

Double high fives :raised_hands: !!!

Maybe now we can get that co-op in, eh @Hattie?

6 Likes

Congrats, Hattie AKA The Doctor!

5 Likes

You go you beautiful wench!

Sorry, Dr. Wench.

7 Likes

Congratulations, I am proud of you! Good wench.
Now, regarding the request to be called ‘The Doctor’, I have to state this:
source%20(1)

but:

Because:

:wink:

6 Likes

Submitted…

— Herr Doktor Starfishhead

9 Likes

Congratulations on your submission! :wine_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink:

7 Likes

:champagne: :hugs:

I eagerly await my signed copy. :grin:

8 Likes

Mordecai Voice Hell yeah!

7 Likes

Cue @AMG_75

7 Likes

:hugs::heart_eyes_cat:

I made you some vegan donuts for the occasion!

3 Likes

brick%20slab

8 Likes

We need to get @Adabiviak in here to really get the party going!

4 Likes