Got a bug with the steam version

I bought the digital deluxe version of battleborn via steam. Now it downloads, no matter how oft i start it and what i tried, only 0/0 bytes and tells me its finished. Upon starting, it says its missing game files. You dont say \o/ Can somebody help?

1 Like

Have Steam verify the integrity of Battleborn’s game cache on your hard drive. Open your Stem library, right click on Battleborn, go down to properties and click it. In the box that opens, click the tab that says “local files” and you will see the option which I am describing.

nah, already tried this. It just tells me all game files has been validated, cuz there are no files and by this no wrong files either. Any more suggestions? If not, im gonna refund it and buy the normal version. Sucks because I wont get the reduction any more. But thanks for the try

Sorry I don’t have a fix, but I’d like to say I’ve got the exact same problem. I’ve tried Steam, Green Man Gaming, and Gearbox support for the past few days. They’s all tried to help, but none have been able to. I’ve tried most of the basic fixes. Plus, I’ve tried downloading the game on a virtual Windows 7 with nothing on it to prove it isn’t based on my computer files and it still doesn’t work. Hopefully if this thread gets bigger it will build awareness. I’m excited to play.

you probably did,but just in case: delete the battleborn folder in your steamapps folder and try re-downloading then. Wiping BB from the registry could work as well.

1 Like

I can’t speak for adtawesome, but my Batleborn folder always ends up having nothing in it. I’ve deleted it a couple of times and tried to reinstall. It’s a good suggestion though, exactly what Steam Support said to do.

If you didn’t already refund,
What version of Windows are you running?
I have the issue on Windows 10,
but I found another post where someone had this problem and solved it by upgrading to win10.
They might have preordered though.

I’m using Win7. And i deinstalled it via steam and the Battleborn folder was deleted by doing this. I just finally found the way to contact steam support and im writing them in this very moment. If they have no suggestions, i’ll probabaly refund it and may ask for the reduction again to buy it a second time. Trying doesn’t hurt eh?

If they haven’t responded yet, the first thing they told me to do is to do this:

Exit Steam entirely.
Browse to your Steam installation (Usually C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam)
Rename the “steamapps” folder to "old_steamapps"
Re-launch Steam and re-install the game.
Once the installation is complete, test the issue.
If this resolves the issue, you may copy the new files into the “old_steamapps” folder and rename it to “steamapps” to restore your other games without re-downloading.
If the issue is not resolved, you can rename the folder back to avoid having to re-install other games.

That didn’t work for me and they haven’t responded a second time so you might want to try that then mention that you have in a reply to the ticket . Good luck.

So hello there. Steam Support answered. For me, it was because i do have 32-bit windows, but BB needs 64. Didn’t notice, because i just reinstalled windows due to some problems and used the CD we had at home. What was 32 Version. Since i always had the 64 Version i did not pay attention to this at all. I’m now going to update to Windows 10, 64 Version. Just google how to do it, if you don’t figure it out yourselves. But apperently it’s possible. Hope thats your problem to so you have an easy way to fix it. GL if not.

Thank you. It appears that that was also my problem.