Great game, here's what I think should change

(Theexplosivepigg) #1

Let me start by saying I’m a console player. I don’t play pc much, therefore I’m not exactly a wizard with a mouse and keyboard. Keep that in mind when reading this review. I’m not gonna go over lag and shots not registering because it’s an early build and I’m not tech savvy enough to understand why these things happen.

WHAT I THINK IS GOOD
I love the idea of combining a card game and an fps. The game is fast-paced and the abilities are all fun in my opinion (although some are a whole heck of a lot better than others). I don’t like competitive games for the most part but this one I could see playing with a friend. I also love the look of the game and I can’t wait to see more maps because I’m a fan of the design.

WHAT I THINK SHOULD CHANGE
Gearbox pushed the card game part aside and pretty much just focused on the first person shooter aspect. We don’t need another fast-paced first-person shooter. I was really looking forward to the card game part of this hybrid, but was disappointed. The cards just feel like skills or abilities in any other FPS. What I think Gearbox should do is take the deck system from games like Hearthstone and apply that to the abilities. Basically, have a set of abilities and every time you use one a new one is randomly selected from your deck. I think this would make the game much more fun and challenging, and it wouldn’t take away from the FPS aspect of the game. In addition, some weapons are MUCH easier to use than others. I’m not saying they’re better, but I feel like weapons that are challenging to use and take a lot of getting used to should be slightly more rewarding.

Tell me what you think, I’d like to hear different ways of implementing a better card system.

(oneskyonedestiny) #2

I agree with you for the most part on the card game aspect and pretty much everything else lol.I’m normally a console gamer myself,and even though I’m not used to pc,I found that this game was rather easy to play in terms of controls and such.Some weapons are not as fluid as others,therefore I just stick to the same thing instead of branching out.I’m currently playing KHuX and I feel like the idea is similar except there’s medals instead of cards.Like the concept,you know?I’d love for there to be more than just the cards preset abilities.Maybe a chance to fuse the same ones for an upgrade?I don’t know.Also,I like the idea of it being random,maybe a chance to shuffle you cards and it give you a random 5 to play with and see how you work with it?I think it would be more challenging if you suddenly get a weapon that you normally wouldn’t choose and an ability you don’t exactly like or use often.

(Soulre D) #3

Lol I literally made a post just like this but worse at the formatting. Anywho i completely agree .