[Guide] Amara's Bugs

The update that came out a few days ago, I think it was on the 27th.
I should note I was also using 3/3 Awakening

How do you measure the number of frames? Via video recording and an editing software? I’d like to test it myself too.

Correct. But you can easily compare with a stopwatch as well. The reload speed increase from Fast Hand(s) is already noticeable without any tools. Alacrity should have an extreme impact (more than half the reload time) with 5/5 and 25 stacks.

Haven’t seen any more issues with Samsara (for the moment) but am noticing that Action Skill augments other than Soul Sap are seeming very fickle with how they work. Even with Ascendant doubling its range, Allure doesn’t draw in enemies most of the time with Fists Over Matter, nor does Revelation seem to be triggering on each hit. Haven’t tested with Stillness of Mind or Glamour yet though.

Stillness of mind is God tier with Ties that Bind. The tendrils from TTB are extremely long and everything it touches gets phaselocked, even if an enemy happens to walk into Ties that Bind range a few seconds after you cast it. Damage dealt to the main central target that deals damage to the phaselocked enemies doesn’t break phaselock, only direct damage to the secondary enemies.

I don’t get Stillness of Mind anymore. Mostly because I only put one point in the tree, but also because I just shoot everyone with splash damage and try to group them with allure. It does some good CC anyway.

Just sharing some results I got from testing.

I wanted to know what exactly in the MA tree actually works. I used phasezerker mod for these experiments.

phasecast 0 rush stacks(before casting) 5/5 do harm stacks = 3559 Damage
phasecast 12 rush stacks(before casting) 5/5 do harm = 6122 Damage
phasecast 12 rush stacks(before casting) 5/5 do harm 3/3 awakening = 6058 Damage
phasecast 22 rush stacks(before casting) 5/5 do harm = 7083 Damage
phasecast 22 rush stacks(before casting) 5/5 do harm 3/3 awakening = 8140 Damage
phasecast 22 rush stacks(before casting) 5/5 do harm 3/3 laid bare = 8853 Damage
phasecast 22 rush stacks(before casting) 5/5 do harm 3/3 laid bare 3/3 awakening = 10K Damage

pistol 15 rush stacks = 1549 Damage
pistol 15 rush stacks 3/3 awakening = 1549 Damage
pistol 25 rush stacks = 1801 Damage
pistol 25 rush stacks 3/3 awakening = 1801 Damage
pistol 15 rush stacks + 3/3 laid bare 3/3 awakening = 1937 Damage
pistol 25 rush stacks + 3/3 laid bare = 2251 Damage
pistol 25 rush stacks + 3/3 laid bare 3/3 awakening = 2251 Damage

According to these results, it seems awakening does not affect gun damage like I would expect with phasezerker mod.

I also did some testing with samsara. It seems like the health regen is based on missing health and not max health. Just like clarity. The more health you have, the slower it regenerates.
Lastly, i noticed the cool-down on my action skill is extremely short. i tested this with my full build as well as with no gear and no points allocated in the skill tree. Sometimes the cool-down is around 11 seconds, but I have seen it as short as 7 seconds. Sometimes, quitting to menu will fix this, but it the issue returns after I re-spec my tree. With no points in the tree and no gear equipped, I have phasecast cooling down after 7ish seconds.

Sorry if i am only repeating things you guys are already aware of.

1 Like

That’s perfectly fine. It’s always good to see some actual numbers to refer to.

Did you have the guardian rank skill that reduces AS CD when shields are full at the time of testing?

I did, yes. I completely disregarded guardian rank stuff… because i forgot about it lol. Is that the cause? Cuz 35 seconds all the way down to 7 seconds? Thats some extreme CD rate.

What about the splash damage skill not working with some guns - like the duc or torgue stickies.

Happens every time you respec, if you leave the game and come back your cooldown should be back to normal (worked every time for me).

About Fist Over Matter, I noticed that sometimes in online multiplayer it won’t deal any damage at all, preventing you from getting any stacks of samsara. Only fix I found for this is also leaving the game and joining a new one…

I hope Gearbox sees these issues as they’re pretty impactful on some builds.

I played an online game with some friends and wanted to test the storm. No animation appeared.

Also at times it was so laggy I couldn’t switch guns or reload.

I think I’ve found what causes remant to stop working. One source at least. For me pretty reliably killing an anointed causes it to break.

Thanks, I’ve added your post to the OP.

I think I found the reason why converted damage by Infusion doesn’t provide healing with Sustainment. Infusion subtracts the percentage specified on Infusion’s card from a gun’s base elemental damage. That base elemental gun damage is the only possible source for healing from Sustainment. But Infusion doesn’t convert into elemental gun damage of another type but elemental splash damage. And splash damage isn’t tracked by Sustainment.
So, I’m not sure anymore that this is strictly a bug.

The consequence of this is also that Infusion can be buffed by elemental, gun and splash damage modifiers. When running the same AS element as the gun you’re using this might enable you to deal even more damage. You’ll probably lose some DOT damage because the weaker DOT from splash can override the stronger base one from the gun. But stacking flat elemental damage modifiers might outweight that, especially on multi-pellet guns. But that requires some additional tests.

Please fix Remnant

Not sure if this is amara specific or possibly a bug w/ the recharger since i recently swapped to that…but it seems that more often than not damage just completely bypasses my shields? (since I’m playing on MM3 it could be that the damage is so large it’s breaking my shield and most of my health bar but the recharger is immediately refilling?)…I’m just not sure with it at all

Edit::

I only play amara, so I haven’t tested it with anyone else

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what happens. The overall damage is calculated first on a per attack/shot basis (badasses with heavy weapons are brutal). If it exceeds the shield’s current capacity you take health damage first. Afterwards, it calculates whether the Re-Charger was broken with that attack and needs to be reset back to full.

1 Like

Now we know what was wrong and hopefully i can now opt-out of Restless :slight_smile:

From my understanding it is not supposed to be live for another 8(?) hrs, so dont waste your time on it yet.