[Guide] Amara's Skills - Analysis and Rating

There’s only 2 arguments in the brawl tree.

1 Like

I was thinking about AS Element in my head, but now I see you didn’t include any of them so no case :slight_smile:
Great work.

1 Like

Does Violent Tapestry work with cryo?

I think it’s better than that because it seems to be bugged and randomly(?) does far more damage than it’s supposed to. It randomly(?) does damage even to the first target hit as if it was the 2nd, 3rd or even higher hit. For example, my Amara is lvl 36 so Reverberation damage is 1947 (for testing I made sure there are no other skills or items influencing this):

Normally, in shock vs. flesh in TVHM this should be 1947 × 0.65 = 1265.55, which it often is:

ReverberationBug_02_normal

But sometimes it’s 1265.55 × 1.5 = 1898.325 as if one enemy had been hit before:

Or even 1265.55 × 2 = 2531.1, as if two enemies had been hit before:

Here, the first enemy receives 200%, the second 250%, the third 300%:

ReverberationBug_05_x200_x250_x300

And it can be even higher. I tried to figure out if this has something to do with distance or if it’s some weird interaction with Overkill, but I couldn’t figure out any rule/consistency to this.

The other action skills in the tree do the damage they’re supposed to – which means far less than what Reverberation does a lot of the time.

I’m on PC btw, I don’t know if this happens on console too.

2 Likes

Hey dude, Great guide,

One thing I was wondering was, since most of my skill points are in the Brawl skill tree, and I don’t really need or have the points to reach sustainment and forceful expression, I wanted to know if infusion would be given a higher rating. if used with anima and tempest

I’ve been using it for ages, (kind of don’t know what it’s like without it)

not sure of the maths and whatnot, wanted some clarity.

Not really, you’ll always end up sacrificing damage for a bit of convenience no matter how much you try to compensate for that.

Here you can learn more about Infusion:

yea, i had a further look at some more of forum here and i was dissapointed that it was just a conversion,

goes to show, like i didnt even notice that and i assumed, i had been assuming since the start of the game and hadnt questioned it.

i redid my build and it is actually stronger now without it.

2 Likes

The only exception would be if you’re using kinetic weapons exclusively.

1 Like

Infusion mathematically may not be the greatest skill - but I think it is a 1 point wonder due to its synergy with alot of Amara’s top gear (Recursion, Brainstormer, Wedding Invitation, Carrier and many many other top weapons at M4).

1 Like

Infusion is great with Jakobs weapons. Even with the Hellwalker, I’d still take it because it allows me to shoot through shields and armor (with ASE Anoints). But I agree, if you use elemental guns you’re better off without it. As the previous post said, one point is enough to proc additional projectiles with the Carrier, Recursion etc.

Tandava has great synergy with singularity grenades, but the best part is that it has a pretty huge AoE that ignores all cover (I found regular phasecast to be pretty unpredictable in that regard). You can kill enemies behind walls, cargo crates, enemies standing a floor above you, it’s insane. It also causes a knockup very frequently. I find it worth the extra cooldown (then again I play with huge cooldown reduction anyway, so the difference compared to regular phasecast is diminished)

1 Like

Just wanted to state with the addition of Harmageddon, Conflux and Wildfire are definitely a bit better than they used to be. Using a rad/cryo weapon with an opposite rad/cryo Recurring Hex (or a Hex thats gives +50% of the opposite element) lets you spread a ton of dots around to enemies quickly, increasing their damage taken by 25%. Pairs well with Ties That Bind.

It’s a shame that the explosion don’t proc samsara, only the action skill itself.

You mean only a direct hit counts?

That’s right

We just got a bunch of fixes today.

• Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s character model would remain in the Blitz animation after activating it
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Sustainment skill would not work while Infusion was active when using normal bullet damage
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Fracture skill did not trigger Phaseslam anointed parts
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Indiscriminate skill would reflect Torgue projectiles nearby when the Siren damaged herself with it
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Helping Hands passive skill did not reset the duration if it will still active when the Action Skill came off cool down
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Remnant passive skill did not function after killing an anointed enemy
  • Addressed a reported concern that the elemental projectiles from the Siren’s Deliverance skill would not always seek out enemies
  • Addressed a reported concern that the Siren’s Glamour Glamour skill would cause confused enemies to become immune and change allegiance

Great changes, now green tree is way more viable. Can wait to use fracture and glamour again

1 Like

I’m still hoping to see some melee buffs in M2.0 if no, it will be the end for my main build.

Have you seen the Fish Slap grenade? It counts as melee dmg. Nice approach. Haven’t tested it yet though

I find they just bounce around a lot and hit nothing. I stopped using them.