[Guide] Color Codes for Build Builders

The headings code is the same, but you need to put a space between the hashmarks and the first character. It’s because #hashtags have become a thing. Plus, you can reference any section or category using a hashtag to make an in-line link. So for example #borderlands-the-handsome-collection

Thanks! I’ve gone traipsing through the threads a couple of times in the past trying to find the colour code in the past; it is nice to have them all in once place.

For the icons, if the image is saved into the gbx discourse DB, then shouldn’t we all be able to use the same one using the image link thing? I think copy and pasting

![image|18x25](upload://4JwLpqPrTVMK4X6gDaHVC69lx3W.png)

should give image

Also, welcome back! Saw you in the other thread a couple of days ago - nice to have you around.

1 Like

Here’s a code for BL2’s effervescent weapons (format stolen from the BL wiki):

[color=red]ef[/color][color=orange]fe[/color][color=yellow]rv[/color][color=lime]es[/color][color=dodgerblue]ce[/color][color=mediumorchid]nt[/color]

Because obviously typing that whole thing every single time would get really tiresome

2 Likes

Um…yeah…that’s not really going to get used in the real world as pretty as it is. Besides, it requires every word to be 6 or 12 characters long.

Something simpler perhaps?
#A9E2F3

Or this?
#A9F5E1

1 Like

Not necessarily, you can pattern it so it’s sort of equal. It does have to be at least 6 characters long but every effervescent item’s name is longer than that.

that works too

Well, I’ve used it in my 999999K Grenade Krieg build. :laughing:
Although I used this website for it : https://www.stuffbydavid.com/textcolorizer
Great for BBCode coloring !

3 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Bookmarked in the unlikely event I make a new build/thread.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen this:

struckthrough

Double ~ before and after

2 Likes