[Guide] FL4K Pet Compendium (UPDATED DLC 5)

Hey @boombumr: Urad boosts Atomic Aroma, correct? I have never really used it until today because I specced out of Persistence Hunter in an effort to be more ASE-centric with my anointments on a GB build.

I am running an Atom Balm artifact, plus AA, plus Urad, and I am noticing that AA is absolutely wrecking face when I cast GB in the middle of a mob. Major, badass killing damage. I never knew it was that good. Was this buffed recently?

Nope, URad doesn’t apply to atomic aroma. Atom Balm does though.

1 Like

So maybe that’s what I am seeing then, the Atom Balm plus the rad damage on my artifact maybe? Does it sound correct that AA ought to be doing that much damage in a True MTD on M10? Like capable of one-tapping badasses occasionally?

Rad on artifact shouldn’t effect it either. I remember PrinceLestat had a period where they got AA hitting for 10s of millions on the rad splosion, but we could never pinpoint what caused it or how to replicate it.

2 Likes

I am hitting for a crapton of damage with it sometimes. Does it get tangled up/affected with Hollow Point somehow?

I also have Barbaric Yawp but I don’t think that should make a difference.

It could also be the fact that you are casting GB right in the middle of enemies, they start shooting, proc He Bites and radiation AOE, and it all just happens so fast you can’t really tell all the damage sources.

1 Like

Not that I know of. I never looked into pet radsplosions though so who knows?

2 Likes

I am using the GHS as my pet too. That boosts “damage,” which I don’t know what that means but I assume it applies to Fl4k and pet.

1 Like

Oh, I forgot - and a radiation Old God. That too if that affects it possibly.

Just throwing out all the possible sources I can think of.

1 Like

Skag’s V1 doesn’t apply to pet damage. If you have old god that boosts AA.

2 Likes

Gotcha, so that could be part of the “secret sauce” here too.

I always forget how much I don’t know about BL3 - with as much as I do know LOL

1 Like

Weird question, when you see these damage spikes is there any water nearby? The environmental scaling can get a little weird sometimes.

@vCarpeDiemv Yeah I know about that one, if you get an elemental effect (or even sometimes splash damage, it seems like) in water, it can wreck you or an enemy. But no, no water in the instances I am talking about. There have been times that I have thought perhaps it could be because of reflection (or even double reflection - enemy shield to pet back to enemy) via He Bites. I don’t know exactly how that skill works, just that it does LOL. By that I mean that I don’t know if it just “creates” damage on the enemy or if there is some sort of projectile involved. Knowing Borderlands, it’s the latter.

1 Like

The environmental scaling isn’t exclusive for elements for FL4K’s pets. This is a screenshot of He Bites doing silly things when my pet stepped into water.

1 Like

Have DLC6 shields/Artifacts been tested with pets? I would think the Re-Volter should apply to pet attacks

Nope, not that I know of. I’m not gonna do it (not being snarky, I have no room to reinstall game and wouldn’t in present state anyway). so if anyone has any tests they’ve done feel free to share.

1 Like

I would, but I don’t have SP2 . . .

Hmm… I did grab some Revolters on a couple of my Fl4ks anticipating it might work with the pets, but never ended up checking. Might do that at some point if I remember to do so

1 Like

I also wonder about the GU4RD14N 4NG3L(not very optimistic though)