[Guide] FL4K Pet Compendium (UPDATED LVL 65)

I think it takes your HP% regen and grants the stated % of that HP regen based on that allies health. So if you have 1 HP and your pet has 10M HP, the heal-sharing from BFF’s should scale with your pets HP value.

That’s how I have understood this interaction, I’m pretty sure it isn’t based on your own HP as Maya’s Elated was.

2 Likes

And this is what I was driving at. If Fl4k intentionally lowers their HP to 1 via a Deathless or 40% via a Front Loader, the question was whether ally (more specifically pet) health regen works. Fl4k’s health regen skills say “___% of max health/sec,” and my assumption is that if Fl4k has lowered their health to 1, the max health of Fl4k or allies is still whatever it is, and the Deathless shouldn’t make a difference.

But I don’t know that for certain.

I think if you had 5% max HP regen/second it would grant allies 2.5% of their max HP/second. I dont think FL4K’s health value has any weight in it.

I ask a very similar question quite some time ago. Got very vague answers that pointed to this (in)conclusion lol

1 Like

Might be talking about Rage and Recover skill where healing is based off of Fl4k’s missing healtg.

1 Like

If ally healing were based off of FL4K’s missing health, the Deathless would offer maximum returns for BFF’s I would think.

1 Like

That’s a fair question, but I believe it should. I didn’t specifically test that, but I’m willing to go out on a limb and assume that’s the case.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the input. My thought process was in line with the consensus stated here, but I figured I would ask to see if anyone had tested it specifically.

1 Like

Small update: very suprisingly I had actual gameplay suggestions regarding the bug instead of the generic clear cache answer, secret agents must be on the pets case :rofl:
So they asked me to test by switching pets to make sure it was not a problem on class mod swap, and I had to test if it is triggered with pet second wind. Big nope for all tests.

2 Likes

Based off this video by @flightx3aa, I tested the O.M. shield for the pets.

For the sake of my sanity, I only tested this for Gunslinger. The pet only gets the bonus if they are standing in the ring while attacking, so for melee pets you would need to drop the ring on top of the enemy they are attacking and hope they stay inside. Good luck with that.

Anyway, first things first. This was a massive pain in the ass to use. The pet moves a lot passively, and the ring isn’t big. It will frequently move out of the ring because…reasons I guess. I tested on Mayhem 0 with this spec. Gunslinger’s normal attacks with the SMG do get boosted (went from 502 to 743 or so), however the attack command receives no bonus from 0.M. Don’t ask me why, I have no idea. Just enjoy the spaghetti.

Overall it’s a nice find, but for pet FL4K’s I’d rate this in the same tier as the ele-crit nova anoint: fun in concept and thankful for SOMETHING outside the normal damage formula, but so impractical that it just isn’t worth incorporating into your build (I don’t mean the anointment doesn’t work in general, I mean it’s a pain for pet FL4Ks. Yes, they can proc that anoint and no, you don’t want to test it).

3 Likes

I seen that video, I wondered how it could be incorporated into pet damage(or if it even could). Either way I don’t see it outperforming a Stop Gap/Frozen Heart for a pet build.

1 Like

Just getting the Jabber to stay in the circle to shoot skags in the Droughts was pretty frustrating. Combined with the fact that Gunslinger’s attack command doesn’t work with it and Gunslinger is one of only two pets that actually stays in one spot during AC (the other being sidekick), this is just not worth it imo.

2 Likes

He didn’t wanna stand and clap lol

1 Like

Thicc’s video was talking about uses of the shield for Fl4k and the only possible one I could see would be to benefit Rakks. But then again, the 0.m is not a great shield for survival on a Rakk build anyway, so I doubt it will be all that useful. GB might get the benefit of the initial cast of GB, assuming that only Fl4k has to be standing in the circle.

Just my 2 cents on what I was figuring the interaction might affect.

Since it’s been revelaed that the final planned level cap will be to 65, I’m just going to preemptively lay out some math.

Pet melee damage at level 65 will be 4939. Splash commands will be about 38.5k. Other attack commands will be 19755. Altogether pet damage at base should increase by about 65%. Also, we’ll have enough points to max Ferocity and Go for the Eyes so there won’t be a need for separate builds for Gunslinger and Countess.

Pet health should be in the realm of 350k or 360k.

This level cap should provide a pretty massive damage spike for pets. I’m excited!

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’m kind of excited to start end-game build theorizing.

I’m hoping that the trend of pet damage out scaling enemy health will continue for 5 more levels. We could get into some fun new builds!

1 Like

Same here. This is actually pretty exciting for pet builds since we can reach Endurance with Killer Queen. That means with this spec

We can use Gamma for a total 370% pet damage while also still having access to attack command set ups. If the aim is a pet build, dare I say this would be our “meta” build.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the same thing that u came up with. Shame we are 2 points shy of TPI and Psycho Head at 65.

Edit: This might be an option as well.

Mayhem made mild is teaching me a few new things about pets regarding modifiers.

1. This will require more testing, but it seems like the grenade from More than OK Boomer deals heavy damage to the pet, enough to insta-kill it a fair number of times.
  2. In dense mobbing areas like Slaughter Shaft, speed demon can destroy your build if you are running Countess. She will approach enemies quicker than the attack command can register and you will frequently lose Go for the Eyes.
  3. When your get the FFYL Countess bug where she gets stuck under the map, she can’t change elevations, at least not up. If you go into FFYL on a platform above her she won’t be able to revive you at all.

I’ve also got a much better understanding of Countess’ damage max damage. Using Badass tinks as a Guinea pig, I was able to consistent take them from full health/shield/armor to slayer range. A single shotgun shot brings them within range of Countess to one shot them. This could likely apply to the Maliwan takedown as well.

3 Likes

I like stripping the shield to get to that sweet, sweet armor bar for them 90+M AC lol

If Gunslinger were immune to his own splash I think the constant AC/ETI proc would beat out the GFtE/Hollowpoint synergy. I was having a LOT of luck in solo scaled GTD earlier with Gunslinger AC.

1 Like