[Guide] Fl4k Skills, Augments and Pets - Rating and Analysis

Has anything been actually said from GBX about Pet Buffs coming?
The last word GBX said there will be no more balance changes for a while, they want to wait and see how eveything is working out.

I hope they are looking at some, but the last information received says otherwise.

I also want to say, great write up. Been waiting a long time to see a comprehensive FL4K skill guide. Well done !!!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I asked specifically if they were going to touch up the pets for Mayhem 2.0. They didn’t explicitly say they were going to do it this week, but it has to be sometime over the next two weeks to come before Mayhem 2.0.

2 Likes

All level based damage needs to be buffed by Mayhem level as well, so all pets damage, melee, action skills etc. I hope they won’t screw this up.

2 Likes

Oh that’s very good news. Hopefully they do really good job with it. The pet issues go beyond merely buffing damage. We need to be able to control them better with a variety of different commands and the Master tree needs a better capstone for starters. Next to Megavore and The Power Inside, I almost feel sorry for Dominance.

1 Like

I think this bonus is also useful for mobbing especially with the 3 Shot Fade Away.
The 75% bonus does apply to all your Fade Away shots even if you shoot different enemies. So each shot will hit for 275% instead of 200% which could be the different between one shotting or two shotting an enemy.

1 Like

As a newb to Fl4k, I wanted to say thanks for this!!!
I’ve just started leveling Fl4k and have worked through the Hunter tree.
I wanted to ask what is bugged about Head Count? I’m not seeing anything in my game play as of yet or at least not noticing it.
Also I wanted to ask from a leveling perspective I’m planning on going down the Stalker tree to get The Fast and the Furryous and Power Inside, but what would be the best allocation of the skills to get there? Furious Attach and Self-Repairing System are what I’ve started but not sure on the best path forward. I appreciate any feedback!

I can’t comment on the Head Count bug as I haven’t encountered it myself. The only skills in the Stalker tree I would avoid during leveling the Stalker tree are: Overclocked (just more efficient places to put points), Hidden Machine (buggy and tough to trigger) and Rage and Recover (bugged so it provides much less healing than described). Most other skill are helpful in some way during leveling. I actually really enjoy using the Sic’EM and Eager to Impress skills with the Gunslinger Jabber while leveling as he does pretty decent damage and it’s a lot of fun.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback… haven’t switched pets yet… rocking the spider ant for now, but just looking at the tree I was curious how I was going to get down to The Fast and the Furryous.
Is there anything I’m overlooking if I just stop there in the green tree?

The green tree capstone “The Power Inside” is really powerful, especially if you are using Rakks. 25%-50% V1 damage makes a huge difference. The other thing is if you only invest enough points to pick up The Fast and Furryous, you won’t have access to the Unblinking Eye augment for Fade Away. If you are using any version of Fade Away, this is the most powerful augment and pretty much a must to get the most out of Fade Away. FL4K really shines by a deep investment into 2 trees as opposed to 1 full tree and 2 half trees since a lot of his best skills are middle to bottom tree.

3 Likes

Sorry for resurrecting but this is a really good guide…

Any chance this is getting updated with new skill tree and latest patches (ie Dominance)?

4 Likes

Is there anyone in the world who would subject themselves to such an exercise? Might be tough finding volunteers…

1 Like

There is a lot that would have to be changed in this guide. Pets weren’t even as tanky as they are now when this was completed. “Mutated Defenses” for example, while only 1 point, is not needed now.

The original creator perhaps? One of the many geniuses in the forums?

The joke was that even the most dedicated Fl4k players wouldn’t dare touch the purple tree. Examining it too closely might be akin to mental and emotional abuse for them

be the change you want to see in the world :wink:

2 Likes

LOL I don’t know Fl4k like that…that’s why I’m here…learning! :rofl: :joy:

Ratore doesn’t really play BL3 anymore. And I think most of the feedback regarding purple tree has been pretty consistent in that adding more FL4K damage to the tree would be enough to make it more appealing (its not like all of the redundant shield skills are going anywhere at this point).

4 Likes

So no chance you would pick this up?

Loved your Wilhelm guides, and this one could use some love…

1 Like

Brain fart. My B.

I don’t like creating separate threads for these kinds of guides when possible, but if @darreltan2004 wouldn’t mind pasting some extra text into the OP I could work on something for purple tree. Also, I don’t know if @NotQuag would want to be included in this since he has his hands full with maintaining the google doc, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

6 Likes