[Guide] FL4K's Damage Formula

Working on adding Pearl and Harmageddon to the formulas. Pet damage will be in too at some point, but it’s currently a mess of stuff not working properly so it needs some extra work put in.

Edit: Added Pearl. Weapon Bonus Element now mentions the 125% Badass Anoint since it’s a Kinetic Bonus Element.

7 Likes

Added Harmageddon and a baseline Pet Damage Formula. These are subject to changes while testing still has some ways to go and interactions to rule out.

1 Like

Pet section looks good. Only thing is Lick the Wounds didn’t boost pet damage last I tested it, which tbf was a month or so ago.

1 Like

Yeah please correct any wrongs you find in it, i’m 100% not fully aware of some things there so i pretty much just went from what i remembered from our conversations.

Wasn’t there a hotfix about lick the wounds? or am i remembering it wrong? or did it do nothing?

Does melee dmg on COM/Artifact applies to Pet?

Nope, at least on artifact. Tried that a while ago and got nothing, melee based artifacts don’t seem to apply either.

3 Likes

This will take a bit to update, but just know that the 300% Anointment is V2, like DE4DEYE and Rakk Slag. That’s probably the most “impactful” one this patch, alongside the 150% Radiation.

This also makes me wonder why Rakk Slag is still locked behind our conditional, not-very-reliable Rakks hitting a single enemy for 100% V2 while this anointment is letting me snowball Overkill with an Assault Rifle by just having it…

1 Like

I hope they will buff the anointments again like they did for Sntl Cryo and GB. And hopefully sometime relatively soonish.

2 Likes

@Ratore After more play-time with the game this past weekend, I definitely agree with you. The 300% weapon damage anointment is always on (at least as long as the condition is met - and for some enemies this is always!). Rakk slag still has a lot of mileage because it applies its debuff without respect to conditional health bar status, so it outperforms on any map that has enemies with health bars, but the 300% one definitely gives it a good run for its money, even on those same maps.

It just seems a little silly to give every VH access to such a significant anointment as the 300% one, and then to have the Fl4k-specific ones kind of fall by the wayside. But I guess that seems to kind of match some of the way they have treated Fl4k in game updates generally (i.e., kind of a “hands off” approach).

I want to also say that in gameplay, certain COMs, such as the Deadeye and Rakk Pakk, are outperforming other Fl4k COMs because of their special effects, which would not necessarily have been the case before M2.0, so I am grateful for that. I always liked those COMs but could never make the case for them until now. Maybe one day they will fix the Stalker COM to work 100% correctly and it will have its day in the sun too!

1 Like

Ah yes, i forgot the 150% Radiation. That one is also one of the most impactful this patch, and it’s creating a pretty sad FL4K “meta” even for Green Tree builds…

Pretty sure the best damage on Gamma Burst is Red Fang + Pearl + Front Loader + 150% Anoint, it probably trivializes the Gamma Anoint since Red Fang covers survivability, and the 150% Rad will be always on. If this isn’t sad i don’t know what is.

2 Likes

Just make sure to not pair DE4DEYE with the 300% Anoint unless you’re getting something out of Two F4ng, because the 35% and 300% are additive to each other. Otherwise, if you’re getting use out of the extra Two F4ng, it’s actually a good combination.

DE4DEYE in general certainly increased in importance a lot. But i’d argue the same for BH and Stalker, simply for the Bossing and vs. Robot Armor bonuses , alongside the skill uptime for Interplanetary Stalker (by either duration or BH procs).

R4kk P4k lets you spread Rakk Slag, but considering the new weapons can kill stuff at a rate comparable to M4 on M10 (or even better), it still has the weakness of Rakk Slag being a massive clunk to use, especially in fights like Wotan. There’s just no logical reason to not make Rakk Slag an ASE now, i hope Gearbox notices that.

1 Like

100% agreed. I think getting rid of the Rakk Slag anointment altogether and simply making Rakk slag an augment to Rakk Attack instead is the way to go here. Replace ROACO with Rakk slag as an action skill augment, and then Rakk Attack is in a really good place I think. Or you could just change the anointment itself to “enemies take 100% increased damage after using Rakk Attack.” Either would work.

1 Like

I think they could add it to ROACO instead. Cryo rakk have their uses for some things, and it would give people an incentive to actually use the augment. Either that or put it on Flock n Load since everyone already takes it.

2 Likes

Is that the way most folks spec? I don’t. I prefer Rakkcelerate and Falconer’s Feast. I have tried running without Rakkcelerate and I find that I run into a lot of occasions where I don’t have a charge of Rakks and I am getting ready to go into FFYL and I really want that extra charge. If you go down without your anointments up on a Rakk build, there is a really good chance you might not be able to get back up on
M10. So I like the extra charge.

But I do agree that maybe you could add it to ROACO as an augment and it would be just fine. I don’t really care about the Rakk’s damage (or element) as much as I do the fact that they proc anointments and/or debuff. So I would be on board with adding Rakk slag to ROACO too.

1 Like

Flock + Falconer’s is/was the best combo for an HP Setup with working Head Count. Now that Head Count isn’t even working, and there’s the Stop-Gap thing going around, Rakkcelerate is just better.

Usually Head Count gives enough cooldown to spam Rakks very comfortably, but now…

1 Like

Is Head Count MORE broken than it was before? It has always been broken for me - never was fixed on Xbone as far as I have ever been able to tell. So I just never have specced it as a standard part of my build, other than just to try it occasionally and then switch back when I was testing Head Count to see if they ninja-fixed it with a hotfix.

I do agree though that the times I tried it, Fl4k stays much more healthy. But as enemies scaled up with Mayhem levels, I found that I benefited more from the extra charge of Rakks for damage, as opposed to less Rakk charges and more healing.

Again, if HC actually worked, this would not even have been an issue.

Head Count is not working at all for Rakk Attack currently. I supposed it was a side effect of the visual fix on Fade Away, that was also terribly worded.

3 Likes

Let me stress that once again! Terribly worded!

Thanks for the info. Same old story for Xbone though, where HC either never has worked properly or at the very least is so bugged as to make it not functionally usable. At least with Rakks, I am certain. Although I have never been able to loop FA either on Xbone.

2 Likes

Same here. FA loops on Xbone is sth I have never been able to. On Rakk it’s still not working as promised.

1 Like