[Guide] Moze & Iron Bear Skills - Analysis & Rating

Well a couple things, fast firing guns usually have a lower weapon damage, which in turn will lower SF damage and FitSD damage. It makes up for it with RoF but in the end, it will end up being roughly the same (except high RoF means lower accuracy).

Now you’re also seeing fire against flesh damage, which will make FitSD look like it’s doing higher damage compared to a weapon that’s not matching flesh bar. The math just simply checks out though, feel or not. While FitSD is NOT the worst skill, its first point invested is much much better than the following 4 so for most builds that want to do some serious work invest points in better skills. Nobody is claiming it’s TCP bad or anything, so take it if you like it.

So something I just learned today is FitSD 1/5 does the same damage dots as 5/5. The initial (weak) 3% or 15% is nearly worthless, while it seems to take on the full dot of the weapon, grenade, or hardpoint that procs it. This is regardless of how many points you put into the skill. So this is huge for only putting a single point into the skill. However I didn’t test this, and I’m not sure if the one’s testing it have more to look through. I’m sure they will let people on here know once they figure it all out for sure.

But, this would explain why the Nukes aren’t seeing more damage from it when you invest more points, you would have to spot the initial proc of FitSD from the Nuke, the dots will be the same 1/5 or 5/5.

1 Like

Because it’s already on the Class mod? I usually chuck one point in anyway in case I want to switch mods on the fly. I guess I could put the extra point in grizzled.

So let me see if i understand, its not a very substantial increase to damage because of where it is in the formula, and it also needs a lot of gun damage buffs from skills and passives to do any real damage.

secondary to that it only procs off dealing splash, doesn’t gain any increased damage from splash, and is only +15% of your gun damage as bonus fire which limits it to only being mostly effective on flesh?

does it have any major impact on short fuse damage?

1 Like

This must be the discrepancy I’ve been seeing trying to test Harmaggeddon.

Yeah, you got all of that pretty much summed up.

It procs on SF, but again it’s not much extra damage there at all.

Pardon? – I just don’t now which part you mean

2 Likes

None. However if you maximise Short Fuse, FitSD will benefit as it is trigged a second time by Short Fuse.

@twoPIZZA was seeing some fire Dot numbers that didn’t make sense. Big leap from ~300 to over 10k for no reason.

1 Like

Oh, yeah I have no idea. I didn’t do the testing Pris and Sammantix were. They have a much better idea of it all at the moment. Could explain it, but it might not. Funny thing is, it seems to just give a stronger case for staying with 1/5 FitSD.

2 Likes

Yup, we’ve got that over on Bust-A-Bear Workshop now :joy:.

1 Like

I was talking about initial fire damage when nuke hits not subsequent DOTS. The initial fire damage upon nuke hit is the same at 1 point or 5 which makes no sense to me

Odds on them having made the nuke damage an instance of dot or something? Explains why it can’t crit.

Yeah something weird with how initial nuke damage is calculated. You would think since its splash , increasing FiTSD would also increase the bonus fire damage when they hit, but it doesn’t.

Your right it’s wierd they cant crit either . Wonder why? It would be AMAZING if they can though . But wonder how that would work with mozes Mind sweeper mod ? The damage would be INSANE

Increasing splash doesn’t increase FitSD damage though. FitSD procs on splash but is based off weapon damage.

Does 5/5 increase one instance of FitSD if the nuke makes direct contact? If it doesn’t then the Nukes must be completely AoE.

No it doesnt increase. It’s the same whether you put one point or five. Try it its weird

1 Like

It must just be all AoE then. And the actual shell must be AoE but with a higher splash damage or something I don’t know.

Thats probably to do with FitSD not receiving a damage penalty on dots. So you essentially get a full force fire dot based on the nuke’s damage and not FITSD’s.

Just going to link Bust a Bear before Sammantixx can. They discuss it briefly here.

2 Likes

Things that Skag but not MoD:

Anarchy. Hex Beam. Maybe nuke?

Anyone not on ps4 wanna empty their grenades then launch nukes for a while to see if they get any back?

1 Like

Anecdotal but I’m pretty sure the nuke procs MoD but it just sucks at it compared to other hardpoints.

Could be wrong though.

Also important to note for anyone that tries to test if a weapon is splash:

This is why we don’t use FitSD to see if a weapon is splash or not. Use gear with a splash boost and add/remove it to test for splash. FitSD can proc on non-splash.

Do you have an example of something that procs FITSD but doesn’t get boosted by splash bonuses?

Hex beams is one.

Ok well that makes sense because it used to be splash and they changed it not surprising they weren’t thorough but are there any guns?