[Guide] Moze's Damage Formulas

Welcome. I’m always happy to help with Damage calcs. Shoot me a pm if you ever have any other questions.

1 Like

Thanks for this! As a Moze main this has been great! When I put a point in Experimental Munitions, it’s doesn’t change anything. Also, does Short Fuse not do damage to the main target? Only splash damage to nearby enemies? Or has the function of Short Fuse been chamged?

I’ve updated the spreadsheet to fix the issue with experimental munitions. I couldn’t recreate the short fuse error, just make sure you’ve specced it under the skills.

Short Fuse does damage the main target.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answer! When I tried to research that online, that’s what people have been saying about Short Fuse. Also through my own testing, it was kinda hard to tell. When plugging that in to the spreadsheet, it is a HUGE boost in damage.

1 Like

To see the damage short fuse does go to the jack dummy and fire a single bullet at a time, 20% of the time you’ll see a second damage number pop up (including fire in the skag den damage numbers).

I think the ‘short fuse only damages other enemies’ thing you’re thinking of is stemming from people saying short fuse doesn’t proc MoD unless it hits a different enemy.

This seems a lot more difficult to test and I don’t have an answer for that, maybe OP does?

1 Like

I haven’t tested but it should be easy to test. Empty grenade supplies, spec MoD and Short Fuse then fire a few hundred bullets(not splash bullets) at the target dummy.

2 Likes

Ill give it a quick run as im specced for it; though the dummy itself may not apply MoD just as it doesnt show rakk attack bonus’

I reckon the hardest part is getting it to proc on a single target and not knowing whether it splashed to a second target. Not too difficult just can’t be done on sanctuary.

I think it does proc it on the enemy, but I don’t think I’ve been in a situation where I relied on it to do that.

Kevin should be a decent alternative if the dummy doesn’t work.

Why what am I missing? Is the target dummy not a single isolated target for you to proc MoD on?

2 Likes

It works on target dummy… took about 80 splashes with an infinity though

2 Likes

No, I’m just an idiot. For some reason I was thinking it’d be easier to test this backwards and start with seeing if it procs when it hits another enemy.

What have I been smoking.

2 Likes

Horrendous rng but Short fuse procs MoD which is awesome. Thanks for testing!

2 Likes

I already did this test too, my brain isn’t working. It worked with a Carrier when I was testing on the Jack dummy. It does take a lot of bullets but I used the carrier for the bonus projectiles.

2 Likes

Having the extra enemies will surely raise the chances

Haha slightly, i get better luck proccing fl4ks bountyhunter com with its 3%

1 Like

Yeah and in most cases it’s in your best interest to be using a Splash gun anyway so SF is a bonus.

Is it just me…or did they lower the ammo chance of MoD by 2%… swear it said 12% before

Always been 10%

1 Like

Ok… mustve gotten mixed up somewhere, thanks

I kinda wonder how the Target Softening augment works with all this. Would it just increase the total damage from all sources with Moze by 15 % (pretty much what the description says)? Kinda wonder if it is multiplicative or not and increases the bottom line on the spreadsheet by a full 15%.

And with the bonus 120% from the splash annointment for exiting Iron Bear? Oooo, that’s a nice damage output!

Sorry about asking these questions without having the opportunity to test. Kinda wonder how it interacts with all the calculations on the spreadsheet.

1 Like

Target Softening is multiplicative to Iron Bears damage so I believe it’s multiplicative to Moze’s too. However I haven’t tested so take that with a grain of salt.

1 Like