[Guide] Moze's Gun Damage Formula

This explains why my brainstormer never runs out of ammo. The tendrils proc Short Fuse all over the damn place and then that starts proccing MoD

3 Likes

Makes me think the Recursion might have a similar synergy if not quite as noticeably.

Have noticed it with other characters too, the bonus applies to everyone/thing just as the 100% rakk attack anoint bonus and amara’s other skill bonus (cant remember the name)
Basically team bonus’

Sweet! Short Fuse used to NOT proc MoD but it would proc Fire Skag. Or there was shoddy testing done then…

Either way, glad to know thanks for testing!!!

And the disk that is shot out of the recursion itself counts as splash damage

Yeah I was alerted this recently. I keep meaning to try getting the recursion to work in an SOR/DW spec.

I’ve temporarily removed Short Fuse as it’s producing numbers I can’t recreate. Once I can recreate it’s damage reliably, I’ll re add it.

So I don’t know why this is the case, but Short Fuse is being boosted by Iron Bear damage bonuses.

I haven’t checked how class mods affects it, but its damage from skills, the gun’s stats, and a relic seems to be something like this:
0.75 * [gun’s bullet damage] * [gun damage bonuses] * [Iron Bear damage bonus] * [splash damage bonuses] * [C-C-Combo bonus]

The C-C-Combo bonus was always at least 2% by the time the Short Fuse explosion occurred and would always be affecting it in some way.

4 Likes

^ Can confirm it’s being boosted by things like Stainless, Scorching RPMs (on a body shot) ect.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Updated the OP to include Short Fuse again.

I’m not able to replicate this. I could only get bonus damage from RPM’s and SSB.

1 Like

You’re right. I needed sleep lol

I wonder if Iron Bear was originally going to be able to proc SF. That would’ve been great.

Ib should definitely proc short fuse

@Prismatic Hey legend, how does the 25% on grenade annoint fit with all this? Is simply multiplicative, additive or does it depend on what it’s being applied to? Apologies if it’s in here I skimmed the article looking for an answer but I couldn’t see it.

It’s not listed but it would be added to all the SoR skills under v2.

1 Like

Cheers. I’ll see if that lines up with a theory I’m checking.

1 Like

Keep me posted, I’m always keen to hear explanations for this stuff.

1 Like

Minor Update to expand on Special multipliers. I still need to check them against Skag den damage, for now I’ve excluded them even though I suspect they’ll apply.

2 Likes

There’s something i dont quite understand, if short fuse can proc fire in the skag den. What’s the % damage based on?

is it based on a percentage of this formula?

if so that means tha FITSD is its own multiplier? (i know this doesnt make sense lol)

or on this one?

Another thing, there’s a typo on the Moze Math Compendium google doc.

(1 + Amp Shield) * (1 + Zane’s Barrier)

@HurdyGurdy
Yesterday you told me that you didnt like Fire in the skag Den, Why’s that?

2 Likes

Because there are better points to be spent rather then into FitSD… For most builds. Deadlines and Grizzled are better investments if using IB, even for just jumping in and out for ASE annointments.

I would say a consecutive hits build will get more use out of FitSD, since the annointment stacks based on any instances of damage dealt (including tick damage from FitSD), and will maintain those stacks while you reload or reposition, or whatever.

But even then, just one point is enough to get damage ticks, and I haven’t messed with increasing that tick damage to decrease TTK in any meaningful way.

Partially, because the less damage you do, the more likely you are to actually maintain those stacks. Killing enemies faster with DoT ticks could potentially make it harder to keep that max 200% gun damage while you do anything besides shooting.

It’s pretty niche. You’re likely better off dealing direct damage and having lower cool down, and more time, in IB with a typical Blast Master build.

2 Likes

FitSD procs on splash damage, and deals 15% of the normal damage that procs it as fire. That’s confusing so to make it simple, let’s say an Ogre with a card damage of 1000. FitSD will hit for 150 fire damage. If you boost splash by 10 million percent, FitSD will still hit for 150 fire damage.

It’s not an elemental multiplier, it’s bonus elemental damage. Sort of like next 2 mags elements. It’s just unique in that it procs off splash but isn’t splash damage.

I don’t like it because it’s so weak in most circumstances. As @cat_thulhu said, a single point allows you to take advantage of bonus projectile builds, or also self inflicting builds.

Another Hurdy Gurdy reason is I hate how often I set myself on fire with it, I don’t use CoL most of the time either.

3 Likes