[Guide] Optimizing Moze's Damage - Math without Numbers

Thanks that answers a few questions for me. Guess MS is definitely Splash first. Everything else after.

I have yet to find it on a splash weapon; will have to update if theres a difference there due to the damage type…

• tests with shock boom sickle w/50% shock anointment also shows no difference to the micros
  • same goes for westergun with 75% autobear anoint
1 Like

Just so I understand better. Is this valid also with a weapon …let’s say a devoted (so no splash damage by itself). If one has a a 125% fire damage anointment and the other one 160% splash, only the latter boosts mindsweeper?

So, the splash anointment on a weapon that does not do splash is able to boost MS grenades?

1 Like

Correct; the only difference is then the non-splash weapon itself cannot dip into the splash; this would only boost the nades and short fuse seperately. (Short fuse is seperate from the weapon just as the magazine anointments are acting)
the general 100% + 125%(vs badass) ase anoints will raise both the weapon damage and nades but not to the extent or duration we can get splash weapons to go with 160%.

• note - not all non-splash weapons are able to have a splash anointment; i have no idea what is available for which although I’ve heard the lucky 7 pistol is 1 of these
  • i still have yet to find 125% fire on a splash based weapon (ion cannon is to large of a damage source to get an accurate number)
2 Likes

Ok thx, this is valuable info.

I am trying to move away for a bit from my overused BM build, and build a MS character around the tsunami (to have 4 elements together and generate as many extra projectiles as possible). I have some non-splash weapons with splash anointments, so it’s good that I can still find a use for them by lettimg them boost my grenades.

1 Like

I added a little note to my above post explaining why my micro nades were so much more than the unforgiven crit damage - it is noted in @Prismatic 's mindsweeper explanation in the Gearology and Math aswell…

• the double dipping example doesnt quite show just how nutty it can get, since thats only showing the elemental & splash; not including aoe and both possible 30% grenade passives
4 Likes

Using this mod

What’s the best anointment on a Jakobs to use for the best results?

Specifically probably the Maggie.

Going strictly for damage to the shots, 125% incendiary, for a mix of both would probably be best at 100% weapon damage - n ive looked for a splash anointment but never found 1. I would say the 5%/ kill anoint but you’ll hardly get more than 19k per shot
Though you may have better luck with the Duc, headsplosion, or especially the lucky 7 - if your built to not reload - these choices since they’ll be able to double dip the splash passive. Personally i think the maggie (and most other non-splash) would be better suited for a marskman com

3 Likes

I really only have a Maggie with the next 2 mags crit bonus. It’s underwhelming.

I have a rad anointed Duc but I could probably find better. I have a few lucky 7s, this is pretty much a perfect com for it but not my style.

I wish this wasn’t a Jakobs crit and was just grenade damage or something haha

Haha yea, lucky 7 is basically wall shoot simulator. (Also really hard to finish wotan with a softlocked mag of 4 :frowning: = click click and lots for the road)
I made the mistake of trying a maggie w/ mindweeper com that had +2tcp dahl crit, splash radius, jacobs crit; it was beautiful for the mobs; nades were chaining everywhere much like bloodsplosion - but downright nasty to Moze

1 Like

Haha yeah I won’t even pick up any coms with TCP anymore (it’d have to be the perfect bonus stats I guess).

I might regret that if they ever decide to change the skill though.

Thanks for the input though. I guess I’m keeping an eye out for a better mind sweeper.

Torgue cross promotion is only good on a rocketeer com build. Stick it somewhere high and then take Moze somewhere else until everything is dead…

1 Like

I’ll argue good is not the right word here haha

Well yeah, I mean useful. Even then it’s subjective. Chance to hit more stuff is hardly world shattering.
I’m sure there’s a Rocketeer-Deathless-TCP-Desperate Measures-Dakka Bear-Force Feedback build that’s OP and everyone is sleeping on. Kill everything while doing the kick dance in the bubble shield is my goal.

Security bear needs so many buffs, I keep trying to use it but it’s pretty much useless. Against weak enemies it’s fine, but anything else and it’s broken before I can get out of the mech.

I kind of suspect SSB armor boost doesn’t count toward it either.

I find it useful as a temporary portable cover, letting me get out and away without interrupting topped off. It’s biggest fault is that it doesn’t regen during auto bear. If it did that it’s be rather useful. I saw someone suggest it should project a NOG-like shield buff, that would make it a great tier one sustain buff, seems unlikely to happen though.

Two questions.

1. It’s only elemental anoints on splash weapons that dont cause the ms grenades to deal increased damage or all elemental anoints on all weapons.

2. Will other elemental boosts (elemental projector, flesh-melter) increase ms grenade damage?

1. Never checked.
  2. Elemental damage boosts will affect Mind Sweeper nades that are elemental. Bonus elements I believe are a mixed bag where some do and some don’t.
2 Likes

I dont have all different options to test with, but with what i do have;

• only the elemental bonus that states “next 2 magazines” are not applying to micro grenades. (75% during autobear fell into this category with prior testing)
  • “Bonus cryo while terrified” as well as “bonus _____ damage with weapons” on shield + grenade is applying to them
3 Likes

Glad to hear that bonus 50% blank elemental damage for 10 second anoints on grenades and shields applies