A guide about trust levels and you
So you want to increase you trust level and become a member?
I hear you, I heard you you're gonna need a few thing.
- A keyboard and mouse
Of course you can allways use a smart phone too but why use a cellphone for surfing a forum ween you can use your expensive gaming PC?
But most important you're gonna need me to show you the way.
Lets start with what trust levels are and why they exist.
The name trust levels comes from the way it works, if the forum does not trust you you will not be able to do a lot of stuff but as it starts to trust you more those limitations will be remove and ween you have its full trust you will be granted a few bonuses.
The trust level is mainly used here to avoid spam.
But how does it stop spam you might ask.
Well at lvl 0 (basic) you cannot do this:
- Send private messages to other users
- Reply as new topic in the right gutter (UI removed)
- Flag posts
- Post any images
- Post any attachments
- Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
- Have actual links in the 'about me' field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
- Mention more than 2 users in a post
This does limit newer users a bit but its for the greater good and its pretty easy to level from 0 to 1.
Trust levels also allows experienced users more rights so that they can help maintain and moderate the community they generously contribute so much of their time to, I will not go into the higher levels in this thread though.
These are the trust levels:
0 (New) → 1 (Basic) → 2 (Member) → 3 (Regular) → 4 (Leader)
I will go through level 1 to 2 as thats whats this thread is aimed at helping with so lets start with that.
You will be granted level 1 Basic by just being around the forum and being atleast a bit active.
They can get to trust level 1 by...
- entering at least 5 topics
- reading at least 30 posts
- spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 1 can...
- use all core Discourse functions
- Upload images and attachments if enabled
- Edit wiki posts
- Flag posts
And of course the New user restrictions will be removed.
Help to reach...
As I said befor its pretty easy to reach Basic but if you want to reach it fast and beat the forum speedrun recourd heres a few tips:
- Just click on three diffrent topics
- Open a semi big thread and scroll through it but stop at each post for a few secounds
- Go and make coffee while you're in a thread
You will be granted level 2 if you keep coming back to the forum and you're an active user.
They can get to trust level 2 by...
- visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
- casting at least 1 like
- receiving at least 1 like
- replying to at least 3 different topics
- entering at least 20 topics
- reading at least 100 posts
- spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 2 can...
- Use the "Invite others to this topic" button for one-click onboarding
of new users to participate in topics
- Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
Help to reach...
Reaching Member isnt very hard either you just need to spend time on the forum and be an active user but if you want to reach it fast and beat the forum speedrun recourd heres a few tips:
- There isnt anyway around this one just visit regularly
- Just find a post and press like on it
- Make a funny or interesting post and you will get a*like, or you can just beg for likes
- Open every topic you see
- Scroll through a chunk of Random Talk Thread and spend a few secounds on each post
- Have the computer on and spend an hour writting a poem
Well that was pretty mutch it and as you can see reaching levels really only takes you being active in the forum.
I only really made this thread because I have seen a lot of people wondering about this and I only did up to member because that is the only rank normal users can achieve. (Regular is not achievable for normal users on this forum.)
Good luck and hope you have a good time with the new forum platform.
Other useful things to read:
codinghorror's guide to all that have to do with trust level