[Guide] Top Gear for Amara the Siren - WIP

Nice. But can you break it down a bit so it’s more in line with the length of the other descriptions. Otherwise this thread will be responsible for several scroll wheel deaths and carpal tunnel syndrome soon.

3 Likes

I guess just remove the Pro’s and Con’s. IDK, understanding the differences in the mechanics is important on this one. Maybe just condense the wording and put it at the end of the main paragraph. The ability the target and kill anointed is the most important thing.

OK then. Do you happen to have a screenshot of it you can share with me. I sold all of them because I needed space in my bank/inventory. :smiley:

Just go to the Wiki.

1 Like

Now I feel dumb. Haven’t checked the wiki in ages. Thanks.

1 Like

All good. Most of it still needs updating, but most of the guns are there.

1 Like

Also the Projectile Recursion can spawn with a high damage and use 3 ammo per shot or a x2 with slightly lower damage and consume 4 ammo per shot. Via basic math the 3 ammo per shot does more damage per ammo used, but the x2 4 ammo used will do more damage per bullet fired. If that makes sense.

Basically if you have no ammo issue, use the x2 as the bullet will do significantly more damage at the expense of 1 additional ammo used.

Testing on a single target in Santuary (Kevin) after respecing. (Both incendiary. Bonuses from Guardian rank: +10.01% Gun damage, +5.73% Crit damage, +7.96% grenade damage (not sure if actually splash damage)):

Gun #1: 2544 card damage, 3 ammo per shot. Crit does 10k damage, body does 4996 damage.

Gun #2: 1619x2 card damage, 4 ammo per shot. Crit does 13k damage, body does 6358 damage.

When fully specced into my build I get 25k Crit / 12k body and 32k crit / 15k body, respectively, without any action skill. With action skill it is 34k crit / 19k body and 43k crit / 24k body, respectively. This is all on a single target and without the ricocheting bullets.

1 Like

btw, elemental projector is a prefix. you’re going to be looking at literally any legendary artifact with that prefix. so avoid talking about it as a specific item more than anything else. Artifacts are fascinating in this game as the legendaries are primarily highlighted for their effect of red text and virtually everything else is just sort of icing on top

2 Likes

For elemental builds, the SMG Binary Cutsman is probably the best SMG for single target damage.

2 Likes

I’m playing around with a build based on raw damage for overkill stacking with Remnant, and the One Pump Chump, Unforgiven, and Headsplosion are all doing insane things.

I was running through the anvil on M3 and an annoited enemy was dead and I never even shot him. Either died from Remnant or reflected bullets, most likely both but those guys have a lot of health in M3. It was a tink one.

I don’t know if what I am doing is too niche for this yet but early results were impressive.

1 Like

Those guns are insanely good with Remnant. The only problem is the bug with Remnant that prevents it from spawning orbs after some time making this skill completely useless.

1 Like

That depends on the item rarity. On legendary artefacts it’s a prefix like all the other bonuses on top of the item card while the base name is determined by the legendary effect. On purple and lower-tier artefacts Elemental Projector is the base name while the prefix on those is one of the affixes on the bottom of the item card (e.g. Long Lasting) if it has any.

1 Like

Best artifact is clearly a Rear Ender Pull Out Method…

But I’m not sure there’s a legendary trait for Elemental Projectors that is massively useful in non-melee builds. Loaded Dice is nice for farming, but other than that extra magazine capacity seems like the most important trait.

Commander Planetoid for melee is pretty nice for melee, although if you are actually meleeing Unleash the Dragon is probably the way to go most the time, and Knife Drain White Elephant is pretty ridiculous on Face Puncher. But I’m kind of over melee though, switched back to it earlier and was getting pretty frustrated with the incredibly slow kill times on some enemies.

3 Likes

Why? What makes it that good in your opinion?

Otto Idol, Splatter Gun and Victory Rush are great legendary versions of the Elemental Projector. Otto Idol can prevent you from dying from DOTs after combat has ended and is generally a great layer of defense while mobbing. Splatter Gun will increase Shotgun damage which can be quite powerful as well. And Victory Rush is an absolute beast while mobbing, especially in arenas.

1 Like

I made a brief video for Projectile Recursion. I don’t record very often, so my mic was a little close and ew my voice sounds weird.

2 Likes

A childish sense of humour.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve added a link to it to the OP.

I was wondering what the three dots are for. :smiley:

1 Like

I would like to nominate:

• The cutsman SMG. Wrecks on any class but Amara’s elemental and DoT buffs (plus the charge speed one) make it even better
  • Trevonator shotgun. Maliwan shotgun with no charge time and decent accuracy that does craploads of damage. Kind of eats through ammo
  • Thunderball fists pistol. No charge time, craploads of shock damage. Can ooga-booga through enemies carrying shields, although not very good against nimble targets.
  • long musket SMG. Possibly one of the strongest fire weapons in the game. Limited range, but Amara is the one flying around punching stuff, right? Also has the benefit of tediore reloads.
  • Lazer-sploder assault rifle. All the benefits of a maliwan quasar with no charge time, and rockets thrown in cos why not.
  • honorable mention: moar linoje pistol. Eats insane amounts of ammo, so it might be better for moze, but has the massive damage to back it up.

Yeah it took me a while to realize it’s best used like Hanzo’s scatter arrow. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten a level 50 one yet. It’s weak against flying enemies or enemies on high ground though, no? Or does indiscriminate send the ricochet towards enemies?

1 Like

The Linoge pistol is insane. I found one and started using it, but ran out of ammo after 2 minutes.

1 Like

I agree on the Cutsman and Trevonator. The rest is quite unreliable IMO or has other drawbacks in their respective categories. Thunderball Fists special effect is useless on Phasegrasped targets most of the time or when used on moving targets, Long Musket deals a lot of damage but is somewhat situational and requires a certain setup, Laser-sploder is good all around but gets outshined by the alternatives and while the Moar Linoge is insane (especially with Indiscriminate) it eats through ammo in a blink of an eye. I’d put them in as honorable mentions, though.
And as stated in the OP, there are a lot of good items. But writing all those descriptions, making screenshots of level 50 versions and formatting the content takes a lot of time and with no help these things have to wait.

3 Likes