[Guide] Top Gear for Athena

(Sheriff) #522

Agreed.
Honestly, I usually don’t dig SMGs at all, but the Torrent is that kind of gun that can turn someone over to them. It’s stupidly good all around, great gimmick, no weaknesses, a lot of strengths…
Best part is: there’s not even a question: it is MUCH better than it’s purple counterpart.
When are you starting your red text series on TPS ? :smile:

1 Like
(Where's lucky?) #523

Once I finish shields, grenades, and coms

1 Like
(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #524

Should I even try to make an attempt at the Octo or Hellfire again? Or would it all simply be in vain? Various people backed me for both guns, but if you’re not going to change your mind ever I’d just like to know.

(Wingsday) #525

From what I’ve been reading I’m not seeing a lot of real evidence that the octo or hellfire can consistantly outdo what is currently in their respective sections. I’m no expert on athena though, so I don’t really have a strong opinion one way or the other.

(President of Jellybeans) #526

I have not been convinced in the slightest about the Hellfire. I’m leaving it there.

As for the Octo I’ll review what people said about it when I have more time, but I know for sure if its going on the list its not going where you want it to go.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #527

Ok thanks, I’ll drop the Hellfire since you don’t like it and I’ll leave the Octo up to you.

And unless I’m allowed to dredge up…

• The Protector COM cause @BookEmDano also liked it over the melee COM.
  • The Boganella cause @Chuck80 also backs that it should get the spot over SS.
  • Or the leech cause it looked really good in @ItsmeJamesAJ’s build videos (similar to my experiences with it).

Then I’m done here in the whole suggesting changes department, I’ll stick around if this thread stays alive to add to the conversation though.

(President of Jellybeans) #528

Im keeping Sledge and COMs as is, Melee builds should not be ignored conpletely. No they aren’t the best build in general but it is a core Athena identity and some representation for melee is more worthy of representation than “just another piece of gear for a build that is already represented”. In this case just another shotgun for a hybrid build or just another Com for a tank build.

I can add a mention for the leech as picking one over the other is semantics at that point.

1 Like
(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #529

Thanks for dealing with me for almost 2 months. I’ll come back to share an opinion if need be, or if they release the Unobtainables/DLC. :bldancing:

2 Likes
(XBox GT: djlune44) #530

Okay so I only got to page 76 before I decided to stop reading because I don’t have the time to go through everything lol. But I had a question about lasers. Is the MINAC viable as an option to use for end game? I only recently started playing TPS so I haven’t even scratched the surface of testing things out for my own playstyle. Obviously the thunderfire is the superior laser for CS Athena. But I like using lasers so I’m just curious.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #531

Personally I’d say only Nisha can really effectively use the MINAC’s Atonement. But if you do use it on Athena, then try it out with these play styles.

• Hybrid Athena - (Aka use Blood Rush to apply Tear with a Dominator com) Use 2 MINAC lasers and swap between them to get Storm Weaving active, and shoot at their feet, as the projectiles have a tendency to pass through enemies like the Logan’s Gun.

• http://thepresequel.com/Athena/0555101005150551005001411415015000/cridominator,auto

• Rainbow Hologram Athena - No Blood Rush this time and a Rainbow Hologram com with +6 Overload instead, but everything else is the same. And I don’t remember if the MINAC laser has a decenct DoT chance, but regardless, this is about the only com that will give you a good amount of Maelstrom when it comes to that gun. Oh and a Storm Front.

• http://thepresequel.com/Athena/0555001005150050000000415315515500

2 Likes
(XBox GT: djlune44) #532

Thanks! Yeah I played around with it a bit and just decided all together no good lol at least not on Athena