[Guide] Top Gear for Claptrap

(President of Jellybeans) #241

There are some touchy ones I’ll look into (the one I like the least is the Reo) but the glitch quad one im 100% on board with if the 8 mag is true.

As for pics would you mind messaging me there’s might be a list of stuff I could possibly need to mold the current pics specifically for clappy.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #242

The Glitch Quad name is a picture link. And if you want to start the message with the stuff you need I’ll see want I can do. @Ha_Na has a video on his cookie-cutter build when he kills EOS with the Rerouter on even if he is using SWAB. There might be some other videos on it too IDK

(President of Jellybeans) #243

On a side note I found something I really like. It’s an Explosive tediore Stocking Launcher (reload) with a Torgue grip tediore sight and Maliwan exhaust (could also be Torgue). It has a 2 rd mag and a 2.1s reload AND an empty tediore Rocket reload does actual damage with Explosive boosts. Might kick Kanedas or Badaberrigan for it.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #244

Ok I’d say add the Duurp to the Nukem. Or just drop it b/c while its really good, for how it preforms with Clappy I’d pick the Badaboom over it any day. And it’s only saving grace, glitches don’t happen all that often.

(President of Jellybeans) #245

I would try it though, because Im getting some really cool results from 2 shot tediore and torgue launchers.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #246

Want would you recommend since to OP says to use the 8 mag Glitch Duurp w/ Torgue grip?

(President of Jellybeans) #247

I might slide out the duurp tbh its a good launcher in general, but the nukem generally beats it out for clappy just cuz of OLT and LnS synergy.

As far as my 2 Shot Launchers go,
dippity boom (reload) - Scav barrel, mali stock, teddy sight grip
Stocking Launcher - Teddy Scav barrel, mali stock, teddy sight, torgue grip

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #248

Are you wanting me to test to see with of the 2 deserve the spot?

(President of Jellybeans) #249

I just want somebody to use them and share an opinion about them

Btw the Rerouter looks fine i was bashing the reogenator

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #250

Ok. And oh I guess I mixed 'em up when I read your reply. I like the Haymaker better too, but since I switched platforms I don’t have the DLC and I not dropping the cash for one shield on one character. The Reo is the next best thing and enemies like swarmers really kick up that health regen into satisfactory ranges.

(President of Jellybeans) #251

I would rather have a vanilla adaptive than the Reo just because of how bad the reo cap is. The adaptives are good as all purpose defensive shields you use to make the best out of both defensive SRs, which is why I hate the reo.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #252

Then you don’t have to do anything. I like to use the Reo because the more health the better, I use it with the EDDI.E to fix that fact since I already have more than enough damage and it buffs my Laser Disker.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #253

The much easier to farm Nukem blew both of them away. While the Tediore launcher was much better than the Torgue launcher the Nukem just absolutely left them in the dust. And I’m sure if I 100% optimized my set up, the difference wouldn’t even be measurable at that point.

Sheer power and general feels a hell of a lot better goes to the Nukem.

Utility goes to the Teddy b/c its self sufficient.

(Resident DoT fanatic) #254

@hoyle4 @khimerakiller

saw you guys talking about the glitched quad, and I can provide video proofs if you want, but from what little I’ve tested, it’s AMAZING.

About million times better than Deputy Jack. It can one-shot UBAs without cryo. Let that sink in.

edit: just recorded a footage. No retakes. First try, and obviously, this is NOT representative of the best-case scenario. I miss a lot, and I couldn’t quite get that elusive UBA 1-shot without cryo. But, I come very close a few times (without glitches) and I think this pretty much represents usual-case scenario for using the Quad.

edit: And here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-uEJuzAzSU
Should be finished processing in about 5 minutes.

(President of Jellybeans) #255

I also just played around with a 1shot Nukem each shot does some 4 digit number starting with 5. It does use 2 Ammo per shot though, which is why I brought in the other two.

Edit: Launcher’s olt shot does about half as much as a 1shot Nukems but bear in mind it uses half the Ammo and 2.5 mil is more than enough to take out most enemies.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #256

Ok, I don’t really have a preference. I don’t really use RLs on him.

The only reason I’d use the Teddy is if I didn’t want to use Logan’s Gun b/c the reload counts as a rocket and a 94% Sham makes it so you’re basically at max rocket ammo.

But I’d try a 2 shot Nukem against it. The difference in power is to big to really justify using the Teddy.

(President of Jellybeans) #257

Well you’re using double the ammo ofc it does more (roughly double) Damage

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #258

I mean the mini e-tech radius makes the 2 ammo per shot sting less. Plus its fire damage thing.

The math may be wrong, but for 4 ammo you get…

Just base stats and 11/5 OLT
Nukem - ~700k + (700k*5.4) = 4,480k

Teddy - (~300k + (300K*3.2) +300K)*2 = 3,120k

(President of Jellybeans) #259

Ya thats (VERY roughly) more overall damage, but its over two shots. With Teddy that’s spread out over 6 instances of damage most of which are more than enough to deal with the kind of enemies your dealing with. Also there aren’t too many ideal cases for the Nukem explosion radius to have a considerable edge over a normal rl radius.

(Pandora's Industrial Engineer) #260

I don’t really care about RLs in general, but in Pandora the Nukem did much better for me. You just asked for a second opinion, and that’s what I came to. Enemies were more than dense enough for the radius, and the better damage/DPS was way better for the UBAs. The Teddy often didn’t even one shot (w/ initial rocket) standard mobbs, and frozen UBA Trojans didn’t even die to 2 rockets and a reload.

So I’m just giving you feedback on my experiences, I’m fine if things change or if they don’t in this regard. Do with my data whatever you’d like.