5. Shotguns
  6. Snipers
  7. Launchers
  8. Grenades
  9. Shields
  10. Class Mods
  11. Artifacts

Notes

Since Moze can be built as a splash-oriented character, I plan to include elemental and non-elemental options for both splash and non-splash damage builds if viable options are available. (:boom: next to a weapon’s name indicates whether a weapon has splash capabilities).

Pistols

Maggie

Elements: Kinetic

The Maggie a queen among multi-pellet Jakobs pistol, boasting a higher magazine size and one more pellet than the typical purple Masher. The magazine size is large enough that Moze’s BM tree can significantly extend the clip and the high base damage makes it ideal for combining with the SoR tree’s high gun damage buffs.

Moar Splainer
Splainer%20Cropped
Elements: Kinetic, Shock, Corrosive, Cryo, Radiation, Fire

CoV Splainers tend to have decent damage, average fire-rate and a high magazine size (that is, it takes a significant amount of time for them to break). Splainers with the Moar prefix are variants that shoot two or three pellets at the same time and become extremely efficient vs badass enemies when paired with the many SoR gun damage bonuses. The only downside of these weapons is that like all CoV weapons, switching to the weapon involves a start-up animation.

SMGS

Kyb’s Worth :boom:
Kyb's%20Worth
Elements: Shock, Corrosive, Cryo, Radiation, Fire
The Kyb’s Worth has several attributes that make it ideal for Moze. It fires multiple pellets that deal splash damage (for the cost of one ammo), meaning that it can be useful for Blast Master builds to proc Means of Destruction. Binary variants fire three pellets for the cost of two ammo. On top of this, it deals relatively high damage (compared with an Ogre, for instance). Also, like most Maliwan weapons, it comes in two elements, making it a versatile weapon to have in your loadout. If that wasn’t all, every ten seconds it will turn a dead enemy into a source of AoE healing and it also comes with a Hyperion-style weapon shield! The only downsides of this weapon are the short charge time and the fact that it is (as of yet) only acquirable from Maliwan Takedown bosses, making it rather difficult to find. The Westergun is a decent alternative.

Cutsman

Elements: Shock, Corrosive, Fire
The Cutsman shoots slow-moving pellets that extend horizontally the further they travel, damaging enemies multiple times as they pass through them. The pellets move so slowly that is it rather difficult to land them on quick-moving targets or targets that are a fair distance away. However, against slower-moving targets or large targets, the Cutsman is very effective, dealing enormous amounts of damage as the pellets travel through them. If you are looking for a weapon to try against WOTAN the Invincible, the Cutsman is your friend.

Crossroads
Crossroads%20Cropped

A Hyperion SMG that deletes whatever it is being pointed at. Suffers from accuracy issues at long range due to the way the pellets fly out at random-ish directions, but is a monster with SoR gun damage skills. It eats through ammo very quickly, but BM offsets this problem.

Honorable Mentions

Westergun :boom:
Westergun%20Cropped

The Westergun is a legendary Maliwan SMG which is notable for doing splash damage. It synergizes well with Blast Master builds, benefiting from the COM’s splash damage bonus and consistently triggering Means of Destruction. Being a Maliwan weapon, it always comes in two elements (making it versatile to have in your loadout) and also comes with high cryo efficiency (making it ideal for crowd control).

Assault Rifles

Ogre :boom:
Ogre%20Cropped

A Vladof AR with a large magazine, high fire-rate and explosive pellets. Where was Mr. Torgue when they made this gun? This is one of the most efficient ways to proc MoD and synergizes well with both Blast Master and SoR builds.

Faisor :boom:
Faisor%20Cropped
Elements: Shock, Corrosive, Fire, Cryo, Radiation

A Vladof AR that always comes with a shotgun attachment. In terms of fire rate and damage stats, it is superior to most Vladof ARs. Its only downside (compared to a Shredifier or a Lucian’s Call) is a slower projectile speed. The shotgun attachment is extremely powerful on its own and does splash damage, making it useful for splash damage builds, and it also enables shield restoration with a Shock Faisor and a Transformer shield.

Laser-sploder :boom:
Laser-Sploder%20Cropped
Elements: Shock, Corrosive, Fire, Cryo, Radiation

A Torgue AR that shoots lasers and rockets. High dps, low ammo consumption and the laser is fairly accurate. Rockets are unlikely to hit anything at long range.

Q-System
Q-System%20Cropped

An Atlas AR that shoots two pellets at a time, with damage of approximately 800-1200 per pellet. Fire-rate is typically low, but that doesn’t when you’re doing that much damage. A great non-elemental option for SoR builds.

Alchemist :boom:

Elements: Fire

The Alchemist is Torgue AR that is notable for three things. First, shooting the gun deals shock damage to Moze. This can be turned into a small amount of healing with The Transformer shield). Second, the gyrojet deals shock damage to the enemy on impact (but cannot crit), making the weapon helpful at stripping shields while still dealing Moze’s preferred elemental damage. Third, each stuck gyrojet increases the damage of subsequent shots by 9% percent, which makes the Alchemist ideal for builds that do not have the large damage bonuses of the Bloodletter or Blast Master mods (for instance Mind Sweeper builds).

Shotguns

Flakker :boom:
Flakker%20Cropped
Elements: Kinetic, Radiation, Fire

A Torgue shotgun that shoots an expanding cluster of explosions. Unlike other shotguns, it does no damage at point blank range, since the explosions occur a short distance in front of the gun. The Flakker is best used against large targets which will take damage from most or all of the explosions. Since the 17/10/19 nerf, the Flakker always spawns with a magazine of 1 and care must be taken to avoid reloading with a Blast Master CoM if MoD fails to trigger when shooting the Flakker.

Butcher
Butcher%20Cropped
Elements: Kinetic, Shock, Corrosive, Radiation, Fire, Cryo

A full-auto Hyperion shotgun with a high fire-rate which more than makes up for the small number of pellets. It also has a chance to return ammo to the magazine instead of expending it. This, combined with BM skills buffs, enable Moze to shoot the Butcher longer than any other character without reloading (long enough to kill some bosses).

Redline :boom:
Redline%20Cropped
Elements: Kinetic, Fire, Corrosive, Cryo, Radiation, Shock

The Torgue equivalent of the Butcher. This is extremely powerful with Some for the Road as it can stack many stickies on an enemy. Best used against bosses or large slow moving targets due to massive recoil and having to charge up before firing.

Trevonator :boom:

Elements: Fire, Cryo, Radiation, Corrosive, Shock

A Maliwan shotgun that deals splash damage. Useful for triggering MoD and gains the benefits of Blast Master.

Honorable Mentions

Bangstick :boom:
Bangstick%20Cropped
Elements: Kinetic, Fire, Corrosive, Shock, Cryo, Radiation
Bangsticks with very high pellet counts are a powerful option for taking down bosses or powerful enemies with Moze. With Some for the Road, Moze can gain infinite ammunition and stack a very large of pellets on an enemy, gaining enormous gun damage on subsequent shots. The small magazine size makes them less useful for general purposes than the Redline.

Snipers

Lyuda

Elements: Kinetic, Shock, Fire, Corrosive, Radiation, Cryo

An extremely powerful Vladof sniper with a very high fire rate (for a sniper). Its projectiles split into three after travelling a short distance, retaining the gun’s full damage (?). This gun shreds mobs and bosses alike, given all three pellets land critical hits. The BM tree lets Moze offset the gun’s biggest drawback, which is its magazine size.

Honorable Mentions

Proton Rifle :boom:

Elements: Cryo, Fire, Shock, Corrosive, Radiation
Proton Rifles are non-unqiue purple rarity Maliwan snipers. They are always found with two elements and can be charged up to increase damage and splash radius. They are notable for dealing splash damage, which allows them to benefit from the Blast Master class mod splash damage bonus (although they do not synergize well with MoD due to the low fire-rate).

Launchers

Quickie :boom:
Quickie%20Cropped
Elements: Kinetic, Shock, Fire, Radiation, Corrosive, Cryo

Torgue Launchers with a high fire-rate (for launchers). These are ideal for taking out bosses, since Moze can stack many stickies on a crit spot with Some for the Road.

Hive :boom:
Hive%20Cropped
Elements: Radiation, Corrosive

The Hive fires hive-like orbs that spawn a ton of homing rockets, each of which has a chance of proccing MoD. With some occasional set-up from Some for the Road, the Hive becomes almost self-sustaining in terms of ammo regeneration as long as there are enemies for the rockets to find. A great option for Blast Master.

Grenades

Cluster-f*ck
Cluster%20Cropped

Cluster-fck grenades spawn with one mirv and one mini-mirv modules. This means the thrown grenade splits into three mirvs, and then each mirv splits into three mini-mirvs, with a total of thirteen explosions, making them reliable at proccing both Vampyr and MoD… Moze will benefit from Cluster-fcks that detonate on impact. Keep an eye out for elemental Cluster-fcks or MIRV Cluster-Fcks, which have double the mirvs.

Recurring Hex/Mirv-tacular Hex
Hex%20Cropped
Elements: Radiation, Cryo, Shock

This is still one of the best grenades in the game even after the recent nerfs. (@10/30/2019) It does a decent amount of damage and still provides multiple chances to proc MoD with direct impacts. (In this regard, the Recurring Hex is slightly better.)

Nagata
Nagata%20Cropped

The Nagata digistructs several grenades in midair, each of which then longbows to the target. Although the damage isn’t particularly great, it has a higher chance to proc MoD than many grenades and is more efficient at quick healing against large targets than the Hex.

Shields

The Transformer
The%20Transformed%20Cropped
One of the best defensive shields in the game. Always spawns with a 40% chance to absorb ammo when shot at and turns all shock damage received into healing. Coupled with good shock splash damage source, like the shotgun attachment of a Faisor, it can give Moze the survivability she normally doesn’t get without Vampyr. Very useful for BM/SoR builds that don’t take Vampyr.

Front Loader
Front%20Loader%20Cropped
The Front Loader is a good option for SoR/Demo builds that want to get rid of Moze’s entire HP and stack as much shields as possible. Variants can be found with the Turtle modifier that further increases the shield stacking.

Big Boom Blaster
Big%20Boom%20Blaster
A very good shield for Moze. Taking damage when this shield is active has a 60% chance to drop a booster that restores 60% shields. This ability is balanced by the shield’s usually low capacity (the BBB can spawn with double capacity components), but Moze has plenty of skills that boost shield capacity. The shield also synergizes very well with Tenacious Defence (the SoR capstone) - the capstone activation and one booster fully restore the shield, which enables Tenacious Defense to proc again the next time the shield breaks. The the fact that the boosters also return heavy weapon ammunition and a grenade is just icing on the cake.

Re-Charger
Re-charger%20Cropped
The ability description on this shield is misleading. The shield does not begin recharging when broken, but instantly and completely refills itself when broken (with this ability having a 20 second cooldown). This makes it quite a durable shield in general and fantastic on Moze if you do not plan to run a 1hp build. (Its interaction with Tenacious Defence is normal, in that Tenacious Defence procs every time it breaks, giving Moze its bonuses, with the Re-Charger fully restoring the shield if it is able.)

Stop-Gap
Stop-Gap%20Cropped
The Stop-Gap gives five seconds of temporarily invincibility upon breaking, given that the instance of damage which breaks the shield does not put you into FFYL. Another fantastic and durable shield for non 1 hp builds. It might be tempting to run this shield with Bloodletter, which can reset the shield’s ability by refilling the shield, but as the Bloodletter prevents hp regen, you can only get limited use out of it this way. The exception is if the shield has the anointment in the above picture. Exiting Iron Bear will increase Moze’s HP. Clicky!

Class Mods

Bloodletter
Bloodletter%20Cropped

Bloodletter massively increases the survivability of low hp builds by turning all hp restoration into shield restoration. Because of this it’s not ideal for builds that want to use health gating, since they will not be able to restore hp. Low hp builds will ideally want a Bloodletter mod with +3 or higher to Desperate Measures, as this synergies extremely well with low hp, providing an enormous passive gun damage bonus. (If you are unable to reach 1 hp with the points you have in Thin Red Line, use a Deathless Artifact or a Front Loader shield.)

Blast Master
Blast%20Master%20Cropped

The Blast Master benefits enormously from Moze’s BM tree and MoD. The longer you go without reloading, the more splash damage you do. This bonus caps at a 100% increase and takes slightly more than a minute to reach. It’s more difficult to set up than the Bloodletter’s gun damage increase, which is passive and active all the time, but by increasing Moze’s splash damage, rather than gun damage, it also increases the damage dealt by grenades.

Raging Bear
Raging%20Bear%20Cropped

Raging Bear is currently the best way to increase Iron Bear’s already considerable damage. The class mod gives Iron Bear two buffs, one which increases its fuel efficiency after getting a kill and another which increases its damage whenever it takes damage. [Currently the exact numbers are unknown - these will be updated after more accurate testing.]

Artifacts

Deathless

The Deathless artifact is one of the most efficient ways to remove all of Moze’s HP in order to gain the full benefits of Desperate Measures and massively increase Moze’s shield. This artifact is a staple for Moze’s 1 hp builds.

Elemental Projector

Elemental Projector gives Moze a sizeable increase in an elemental damage type given that she is able to consistently inflict herself with the same elemental damage type. Popular ways to activate Elemental Projector are low level grenades or a low level Sellout.

13 Likes

Below is the list of guns I’m considering for inclusion in the guide (possibly as honorable mentions).

Legendary

• Ruby’s Wrath (Atlas Launcher)
  • Night Hawkin (Dahl SMG) - This may be nerfed in the future, according to what was discussed on the Borderlands show.
  • Phebert (Hyperion Shotgun)
  • Rowan’s Call (Jakobs AR)
  • Every Jakobs Legendary Pistol
  • Headsplosion (Jakobs Sniper) - splash damage on a kinetic sniper
  • Monocle (Jakobs Sniper) - source of crit for Moze who doesn’t get a lot of it
  • Cutsman (Maliwan SMG) - very high damage, especially against large targets, but slow projectiles
  • Devoted (Maliwan SMG)
  • Firesale Long Musket ++ (Tediore SMG) - limited by range, but otherwise fantastic
  • Every Legendary Torgue pistol
  • Scourge (Torgue Launcher)
  • Several Vladof ARs - Faisor seems to be slightly better than most of these, but not by a large margin.

Again, comments are welcome.
I’m interested in knowing if anyone has had good experiences with purple guns or blue uniques. I’ve also been considering Maliwan Proton Rifles as an option for elemental splash damage snipers, since I don’t believe there is a legendary option.

3 Likes

Thanks. Good work

1 Like

Good guide! I think recharger should be on the list…it’s like having a 25,000 shield…for those of us that that don’t like tiny health for huge shields :stuck_out_tongue:…also the Mirv taculer is the best version of the Hex if you are trying to regen. The reaccurring tends to have on grenade hit the target and another hit the wall! The Mirv taculer is guaranteed to hit the target and launch 6 mirvs around it

2 Likes

Another thing with the reaccuring is that if you notice when the grenade does miss…the 3 mirvs sort of bounce and may not even hit the target…this is important since the nerf to the hex…you want your hex to hit and be on target for as long as it can…the effects don’t apply like they did prenerf and it one of the reaccurring hex grenades hit a target the countdown on the effect begins…meaning the other may do nothing even if it homes in at the very end…why I like the Mirv taculer so is that it ALWAYS hits and applies 6 grenades to target…which since Hex nerf…it is very important the duration the grenade is on target

2 Likes

Black Hole Contact Grenades:

Vladof grenades with two singularity parts making for a 1.5 second singularity which actually feels like it converges enemies. Throw two of these and lay into the enemies with a splash gun and watch means and skag den proc a bunch, and Vampyr benefits from hitting multiple enemies.

The Alchemist is honestly the best Moze bosser if you don’t run blast master. It’s pellets can proc Means which means it can land more pellets so, if handled properly, can land maybe 20ish stickies on a crit. Great for mind sweeper big bad kills. Not good with blast master

2 Likes

@johnirby86

You’re right about the Recurring Hex.
I’ve never noticed that before since I usually the Hex from a very close range which makes both grenades hit, but now I went to try it from medium range and saw what you’re talking about. I’ll edit the guide to reflect that.

Noted about the Recharger. I’ve yet to try it myself though I do have it. Just a question - is the instant regen you get from it interrupted by damage? (I will try it tomorrow with some builds).

@sammantixbb
Agreed on the Alchemist. You can use with with Blast Master by swapping weapons I think, but I don’t like that doing that. Will add it to the guide.

1 Like

I’m also going to add some purple grenades that are probably good enough for the guide. If you guys have screenshots and maybe videos of really good ones, those will be appreciated. I’ve linked a video showing a MIRV Cluster****. (Forgive the bad aim. :))

1 Like

I have a epicenter nade that spawns 1 extra nade on hit that procs healing and nade/bullet regen very well. Worth trying out.

2 Likes

So if you have 12500 on the shield…whenever the shield is depleted from damage it instantaneously refills it to 12500…there is a cooldown to this effect…and it also regens like a regular shield if you’ve haven’t finished the cooldown time. It’s basically like having a double shield before health damage. You can still blow yourself up but it’s extremely difficult…my health is 8000 so it would have to cause 12500x2 =25,000+8000=33,000 damage to cause me to FFYL

2 Likes

I was a little off and my GR sort of skewers things in my favor but I never see people using it…non realizing how powerful it can be without giving up all your health here are some pics of my set up

Is it just me or is the Re-charger’s ability written incorrectly on the shield? I never used it before despite it being so good because I thought it worked like the skill Force Feedback, and assumed it was worthless because at some point the recharge would be stopped by damage.

The re-charger is indeed written incorrectly. It fills your shield instead of starting a recharge.

2 Likes

Please, add some survivability tools like grenades with transfusion and Moxxi guns so maybe people can see them and use them instead of saying Moze is broke.

2 Likes

Great list. The main thing I would add is the Tracker grenade mod. If you roll the right affixes(cloning,mirv,bounce) it’s pretty much as powerful as the pre nerf hex. The best version I’ve seen can have up to 18 explosions from a single toss. It’s also a super easy farm since you can just spawn ammo vending machine and get a bunch of them in no time.

Also you might put the Scourge/Unforgiven combo in there somewhere. Pretty much only useful for nuking Grave, but if you get them early you can jump to m3 Grave farming with nothing but those two items and be pretty much immune to any negative modifiers.

1 Like

I think the Proton Rifle should be added to this list. It’s best in Moze’s hands as it’s a Maliwan sniper that can deal heavy splash damage and significant DOT damage in a single fully-charged shot.

1 Like

What? No shredifier? That gun + Redistribution = Nonstop ammo regeneration on crits.

1 Like

How does it synergize with the SoR capstone? Do you get two free refills?

FYI, Redline can come in any element

1 Like

Guns I would recomend adding:

1. Pestilence - COV - Legendary - great Radiation only pistol
  2. Chuka - COV - Purple - alien tech launcher, basically spews the element
  3. Blister - Torgue - Purple - alien tech AR. Similar to Chuka. Damage goes up the longer it fires.
  4. Shredifier - Vladof - Legendary - seriously, how is it not already on the list?
1 Like