[Guide] Top Gear for Moze the Gunner

Added Contained Blast. Note that Clairvoyance, Good Juju, Juliet’s Dazzle still need to be re-tested in the AR section. Would appreciate input on these. That section looks a bit crowded so I would like to make some cuts if possible.

Juliet’s Dazzle was underwhelming last time I tried it.

Clairvoyance is still great on Fl4k but I can’t really say for sure one way or the other on Moze.

1 Like

The Miscreant is pretty damn good on the Mozer as well. Think it is definitely a TG option for pistols

2 Likes

JD wasn’t that great even in mh4, now there’s no reason to use it with the Contained Blast, I would remove it completely. Its main issue is that it does low damage and against harder enemies the autoreload tends to come too late due to the low mag and difficulty landing crits, especially with a x2 version.

Clairvoyance is a HM for me since it’s pretty good with a mindsweeper build against armor, overall the part diversity allows it to work in a lot of different configurations and it can clear content efficiently.

Haven’t used the good Juju but if it got buffed with the last update it might still be TG, you can get some mad crits with it.

I would remove the alchemist as well from HMs, the contained blast is atleast 4 times better.

2 Likes

The exact values for the weapon-type buffs are here.

I didn’t take these values, but I got them from someone on Shadowevil’s discord. Not sure if the Jakobs pistol thing is true, but the rest seems consistent. At any rate, Good Juju should have gotten a buff alongside all Dahl ARs.

2 Likes

I through together a quick build for an all Atlas blast master set up. I was mostly just wanting to test the Plumage. I was able to raise the mag size to 11. I could have been higher if I had Mag size on my relic.

The damage was actually pretty good. My only issue is I apparently suck at using Atlas and kept messing up the tracker grenade. I could spam and never needed to reload.

If someone is better at using Atlas weapons give it a try.

1 Like

@13igTyme
I can give it a tip for the Plumage (since I loved playing with the Ruby’s Wrath back when Mayhem 3 was the highest we had). Count your shots so that you know when you have your free Cloud of Lead shot available and shoot your tracker then, so if you miss, you can either shoot it again, or shoot it on the next free shot. I found that method helpful for managing missed trackers. (Plumage will help even more, since dead enemies explode into trackers).

1 Like

@xirmi I’m back from Ghenna and I would really like to suggest Backburner as TG.
I managed to work my entire way through the DLC with the lvl 57 one I had mentioned in my previous post here and it still wrecked everything. It’s my main and go to when everything else fails.
Of the new DLC pistols I think Gargoyle should be considered TG, there are other pistols but this one stood out for me to use consistently. (BlastMaster Meta)
I would also suggest that Beacon could replace Hellshock as TG.
Agree with dropping Juliet’s Dazzle, it’s been meh for me while the Clairvoyance still works.
Never had a Juju so I guess I’ve something to hunt!

1 Like

X2 Dowsing Rod is much better than a single shot version when used in AR Role. And I didn’t notice any real problems with ammo consumption or mag emptying too quickly. I dould actually kill things at M10 in the AR mode…

If they boosted the damage say 30% of the dowsing rod when in AR mode…it would be a superb, all purpose gun.

Grenade mode just outclasses the AR Mode…badly.

According to several sources the Quickdraw cannot drop with an anoint…currently.

This is contrary to GB’s stated desire to make all quest Rewards at M10 Drop with anoints…so it will likely be fixed.

Pea Shooter
Splinter
Bubble Master
Chalice
Beast
Also will not drop with an anoint

Other quest and Story Rewards should drop with an anoint

1 Like

I looked at lootlemon and saw that. What other sources do you refer too typically

I ran the full DLC3 using only the first Jakobs pistol you get as quest reward and a +4 TCP Rocketeer with splash roll and it was crazy good.
Sometimes seemed like the ricochet bullets were spamming a lot more than I was scoring crits.

I’ll farm up a fresh JD and test it. It’s a fairly parts-reliant gun so good ones are great and bad ones are meh. It has always taken a fair amount of mag size investment to really shine, too. It might still be good with the SF changes it might be completely outclassed by the CB. Gee I wish the CB was full auto.

1 Like

Yeah, I have a x2 and agree that ammo consumption isn’t really an issue – its the damage. The Faisor ends up being a better proposition because it shoots 8 pellets (vs. 6) without the x2 damage penalty (3k weapon card damage vs 2.5k).

Its too bad that they didn’t do more with the AR itself; I’m a fan of the Bezoomy chassis.

Anyone try out the Spade? I like it but I just can’t pull off getting the stickies for crits and having them explode before I’m overwhelmed by mobs… I’m sure someone better than me can make it work, it’s worth looking at!

Also this maybe old news but I’ve been running an EM-P5 in my rotation of weapons. It’s more utility to allow Moze to run faster… I know a Snowdrift would probably be better, but I haven’t had one drop for me in a while (lvl 50)… which is great when I’d like to run past mobs to get somewhere else!

1 Like

I’m loving the Spade. I just spam an area with them and run away.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been doing really… cover the entire place with stickies and run away while they blow up… my problem has been with mobs rushing me covered in stickies while my ASE 200 splash goes off! BOOM!

1 Like

So, what is the best annoint for the Clairvoyance? It wont spawn with 160% so the next best thing should be CH or both fire annoints?

The stickies don’t trigger Moze’s splash skills anyways, so you’re not missing anything by not using a splash anoint.

As for the other anoints, uRad and CH are probably the best options, but it kind of depends on your build.

I usually end up using 125% fire with it, it isn’t splash or x2 so CH isn’t that great with it since you don’t get the extra procs from fire in the skag den. You also have to ADS with it which means you can’t spam that many grenades to keep CH up and you won’t be regenerating enough grenades regardless without MoD procs. It also doesn’t deal Dots which sucks for CH.

Although 125 fire does nothing for mindsweeper nades and it might not work well with a low mag version… It’s one of those weapons where there really isn’t a great anointment, if there were it could easily be TG.

Edit: Urad is a decent option for bloodletter builds, I would only use it with a mindsweeper though.