[Guide] Top Gear of Borderlands 3

I’d say the Trevonator is actually one of the very best Moze shotguns. I am not a full-time Moze main but I masquerade as one occasionally. You’ll have a hard time finding a shotgun with more Moze synergies.

3 Likes

It’s the best shotgun for Moze, and one of the best overall.

5 Likes

One slight update:

BH can, of course, now be turned on and off at will.

BTW I don’t suppose there’s any chance of getting some sub-heads in the weapons section for those of us who don’t always remember what’s a pistol and what’s an AR?

3 Likes

Fixed, and sub-heads added.

5 Likes

Appreciated!

3 Likes

The flakker wrecks too, but is certainly tricky to use

1 Like

After seeing K6’s latest video, it makes me think Sleeping Giant might be worth throwing into Honorable Mention for Zane;

Also don’t know how I’ve forgotten about the Convergence this long, I’ll put it it Top Gear this Thursday after seeing if there’s any item changes.

1 Like

Added Convergence to Top Gear. Still looking for some input on Sleeping Giant to Honorable Mention for Zane. Also might remove Raging Bear from Second Cut, it’s a bit irrelevant nowadays with the buffs Bear has received to damage, the purple tree, and the Flame/Flare.

1 Like

So it remains to be seen if any snipers will get bumped up or thrown into Honorable Mention, gotta see how those Unique/Legendary weapon adjustments they mentioned pan out.

@Aaron0000 Did they announce that “adjustments” were coming? If so, where was this stated? I am not following news on BL3 as much as I once did, sorry if it has been posted elsewhere.

All Sniper rifles recieved a meager +20% buff for this week’s “hunt event”

1 Like

@vCarpeDiemv The issue would be that for the sniper rifles that already are good (2 come to mind, Skullmasher and Complex Root), they already are pretty OP and don’t need the buff. For the legendary snipers that need a buff, 20% isn’t quite enough. But this should help purple snipers at least, I guess.

1 Like

I’m wondering if this will be a permanent buff or not. My sneaking suspicion is that it’s only for the event. I suppose it might inspire a more permanent adjustment though, once GBX see some numbers.

1 Like

@VaultHunter101 I had that same general question - is the sniper buff just for the event?

Actually, it looks like it may be a permanent buff:

Well. We shall see, obviously!

1 Like

Long as we’re on the topic of Sniper Rifles, do we still feel the Boogeyman is worth leaving in Top Gear? Leaning a bit towards putting it in Second Cut myself.

Not sure if it’s worth updating the Bounty Hunter description to include this or not.

Stealth-updated the description a week or so ago, actually.

1 Like

@Aaron0000 I will admit that I haven’t been following hotfixes or playing very much at all lately, but did GBX somehow patch the Breath of the Dying? I am noticing WAY more procs of the BOTD special effect than used to happen under regular mobbing play. It is proc’ing almost every kill with the BOTD now, whereas it proc’ed very infrequently before.

Did I miss this?

If memory serves, I think they fixed bonus elements stealing the BOTD’s kills.