[Guide] Top Gear of Borderlands 3

I tried to select the Fearmonger with the Crazy Earl Reroll thing and it wasn’t an option.
Not sure if it’s a bug or something when you could reroll on other event limited weapons…

If the actual anointment is not in the pool it can’t be changed, so you need to wait for Bloody Harvest in order to do that.

1 Like

So once the event is active, would we be then able to reroll the Fearmonger’s anointment to a non-fear based one or will it only be able to re-roll fear based anointments?

Every anointment in the pool, so non BH one for Fearmonger, and Terror anointment for Re-Volter etc. at least that’s the theory.

What about the elusive non-terror anointed Bloody Harvest gear?

Gotcha, I reckon then the real challenge will be to farm for a Fearmonger with a non-terror anoint as terror anointed ones remain in the terror pool

@vCarpeDiemv I think you should be able to reroll that one. My understanding from what I’ve read is that it’s the terror anoints that cannot be rerolled, not the weapons themselves. But again, that’s just from what I’ve read here on the forums, I might be wrong. I haven’t tried to reroll any Halloween weapons yet as I don’t use those regularly.

1 Like

You are not wrong.

1 Like

Welp, Harold and Rowan’s are practically a shoe-in for Top Gear now. Foursum might have potential, and Butcher’s probably got a spot lined up in Second Cut.

3 Likes
  • Added Unkempt Harold, Rowan’s Call, King’s/Queen’s Call, and Mesmer to Top Gear.
  • Added Butcher, Lucian’s Call, and Devil’s Foursum to Second Cut.
2 Likes

These lists are looking bloated beyond usefulness to me. Might just be me but the people who use top gears are likely not familiar with this games gear and a list this long discourages reading all of it and dilutes the chances the items they do look at are the ones they’d be interested in.

Do we really have 37 guns of indistinguishable levels of power at the top, with a further 12 that are situationally that good? But wait there’s another 59 guns that are second cut? isn’t Top Gear about the top stuff not 98 guns that kill stuff in less time than some arbitrary cut off?

5 Likes

@Prismatic I agree that what you have pointed out is a problem, but part of that is on BL3 itself as well. This was one of the concerns I had when we got rid of the VH-specific TGs (i.e., the list being too long and not character-specific enough). At this point though, the main issue with the usefulness of the TG is that there is just a boatload of gear in BL3, and they keep on making new gear also. With the sheer number of legendaries in BL3 in general, there’s almost no chance that the TG wouldn’t be bloated.

So I second the point that you are making, but I am not quite sure how we avoid this problem with the TG thread for BL3.

3 Likes

+1 on “one list vs. VH-specific ones”, definitely a factor. On top of that - these lists are somewhat subjective in the end, popularity contest of sorts.

Until someone can come up with a single metric, like “average DPS”, “peak damage”, “amount of time/bullets to kill specific boss” that would allow to quantify gun performance, you’ll have these debates. And coming up with such metric is going to be tough.

4 Likes

A big contributing factor to this problem is lack of specific weapon class bonuses for each VH. There would be more concentrated synergies if we still had “Sniper” COM’s etc. Most likely if this had been the case individual TG threads would have survived.

2 Likes

To the folks screaming “oNlY 5 ViAbLe gUnS iN tHe gAmE. gAmE bAd.” … :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To be fair, those people probably haven’t played in a while because they think that every hotfix is nothing but more nerfs. I doubt anyone is going to change their minds at this point.

4 Likes

If I have learned anything from this site is that one nerf is greater than 100 buffs. Why is the negative so much more dominant to the positive?!

4 Likes

Too true. I think it’s because a lot of times when something is so powerful it gets nerfed it’s likely being used by lots of players so the nerf affects a lot of people’s builds directly. Buffing The Magnificent or some other underperforming gun that few players use doesn’t have nearly the same impact.

3 Likes

I think part of the reason for the searing hatred towards nerfs comes from the period of time shortly after the game launched. At the time the game was plagued with instability, crashes, and Mayhem 1.0 shenanigans. Gearbox chose to nerf Moze, Fl4k, and some favorite pieces of gear instead of putting out what many saw as the larger fire in the eyes of the community. That’s my two cents on what may have started the stigma of nerfs being the devil.

2 Likes

Considering the whole “weapon score” fiasco/confusion, whatever metric GBX came up with on their own would be hilariously misleading and difficult to interpret. No chance for any other outcome there LOL

1 Like